Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Are The Fans Starting To Stop Watching Trek?

Is it just me... or are the fans loosing interrest in new Trek?

Now, I can understand a TNG fan not watching VOY, or a DS9 fan not liking ENT, or a TOS fan saying the TNG movies are bland, and so forth.

So, to those who don't like "all" of Trek, which do you like?

I'm what you could call a franchise fan. So far, I've enjoyed each series and all 10 movies! Sure, some are better than others, but I've still enjoyed them all.

Hehe... I'm not one of those who watches for loyalty. I only watch if it entertains. :laugh:

I don't think overall that Trek fans are losing interest in Trek. As it was pointed out on another thread Enterprise's biggest problem is probably the network (for lack of a better term) it is on. The ratings probably would be better if it was syndicated. I think every series have had that vocal minority that claim that the series is ruining Trek.

TNG is far and away my favourite. I have only seen a few episodes of TOS and I haven't really seen any of their movies. I watched a little DS9 but stopped however I am contemplating buying the DS9 box sets. I occassionally watch Voyager and I have enjoyed the episodes that I have seen. I am really enjoying Enterprise. It is my second favourite series.

I don't know if Enterprise is losing Star Trek fans,all the ones I know personally enjoy Enterprise very much.

I am a fan of all the Star Trek series and films.They all have had some bad episodes as well as great episodes.They are all equally enjoyable to me.

I don't think fans are really losing interest, although it does seem lie there are less of them...

If people have a problem with ENT, for example, that's not a very good reason to stop watching all trek, is it?

I watch all except ENT, but I'm trying to get into it. TNG's my absolute favourite, VOY second, DS9 and TOS are tied for 3rd (I haven't seen too many ds9 eps, though, so I dunno....maybe I'll like it more, maybe less)

I'm not losing interest, I'm just busy. When TNG came out I was a kid and had all the time in the world to watch tv. Now with a husband and 2 kids I'm lucky if I even get the TV to myself long enough to watch a show. I'd watch Enterprise more often if I had the time.

I think that Enterprise might lose some Trek fans, but it will surely gain a lot more fans.. The real problem is the network.. I can't even watch it on TV here in Sweden, they are showing the first season on a local channel soon, but they are probably not even continuing after that.. that REALLY sucks!

This fan isn't losing interest, I wish they were still making the other 4 series still along with Enterprise.

I definitely agree with you on this one. I love every series of Trek, even though Enterprise is becoming my favorite. I would be in heaven, (and probably quickly unemployed, if there were a All Trek All the Time station. That would rock.

I think true Star Trek fans will always remain loyal. And in my opinion ture fans will support all series...and yet they will have their favorites. My concern is how to bring more fans into the fold. I don't think Enterprise is as strong as some of the series have been in the past. And yet as a fan I still support it and hope it will have better plots in the upcoming season. Again though, true Trekkies will remain loyal. :look:

It's just, the way I see it... if you're a Trekkie, that means you love to watch Star Trek, right? Well, once the series ends, it's over. Then we have a new series. When the fans don't jump on to that new series, to me, that means they've lost interrest in Trek and only like the series they've allready seen.

That's why I feel Star Trek is loosing fans by the fans not watching ENT.

Make sense?

It's just, the way I see it...  if you're a Trekkie, that means you love to watch Star Trek, right?  Well, once the series ends, it's over.  Then we have a new series.  When the fans don't jump on to that new series, to me, that means they've lost interrest in Trek and only like the series they've allready seen.

That's why I feel Star Trek is loosing fans by the fans not watching ENT.

Make sense?

:look: Yes Commander, I would agree that there are those who do not support Enterprise. I guess in my mind if you can only support a particular series, then you are not a true CORE Trekkie. After Voyager, I hungered for a new series....for more Star Trek. No, Enterprise is not a powerful series. But I will hang in there with it.......for me it's not an option not to watch it. I will critique it as I did all the others. But again I will conceed that you are correct....there are fans who are not watching this latest series. :laugh:

I feel that a true trekkie will support whatever series is present. Yes, they may have a favorite series, but they will still support the trek franchise.

I feel that a true trekkie will support whatever series is present.  Yes, they may have a favorite series, but they will still support the trek franchise.

I support the franchise as a whole but I have not seen much TOS, DS9 or Voy. I love TNG and Enterprise!!! I will watch DS9 when it is starts on TNN and I try to watch as many Voy episodes on the station we get but the hour it is on is not always conducive to watching.

I feel that a true trekkie will support whatever series is present.  Yes, they may have a favorite series, but they will still support the trek franchise.

I support the franchise as a whole but I have not seen much TOS, DS9 or Voy. I love TNG and Enterprise!!! I will watch DS9 when it is starts on TNN and I try to watch as many Voy episodes on the station we get but the hour it is on is not always conducive to watching.

That is what I am talking about, you are a true trekkie because you are watching what you can from the series. I guess what I was meaning to get across is that a true trekkie would at least give any Trek series a chance. I know some people that have refused to watch trek since TNG ended because they were upset because the series ended.

That is what I am talking about, you are a true trekkie because you are watching what you can from the series. I guess what I was meaning to get across is that a true trekkie would at least give any Trek series a chance. I know some people that have refused to watch trek since TNG ended because they were upset because the series ended.

Their loss. They don't know what they have missed or are missing. I did watch the first few seasons of DS9 but then I actually got an outside life ( :laugh: ) and kept missing it. :laugh: I'm looking forward to seeing it when it starts on TNN next year.

I dislike the "True Trekkie" or "Loyal fan" labels being thrown around if you do this or don't do this.

If you feel you are a trekkie...you are...what someone else feels about YOUR level of devotion is irrelevant.

That said, i have seen and love the first four and i have watched every ENT episode (i don't watch ANY other new show) with my hubbie every week. I am ok with it, but there are times i am disappointed. then there are times i love it....but if a stopped watching today and you tried to call me disloyal, blood would be spilled :laugh:

It's like this whole "post modernism" thing...there is more than one truth!

You don't have to fit a mold to be what you feel!

People get tired of the same ol thing over and over..I just watched enterprise and Trip messed with another races belifes and ideals..I've seen that done only 50 times..But I'm a die hard Trek fan and it dosen't faze me..others who aren't as into it, lose interest..and come on Nemesis was just plain bad.