Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Have you talked to a computer?

I had to make a call yesterday and the call was answered by a computer. Not a voicemail system but something similar to how Vic answers our questions only verbally. I wanted to scream - I kept hearing this please repeat - please state your problem. Do companies really think this is effective customer service. I kept hitting the zero until I finally got a live person. Arrrrggghhhh

Anyone else had this experience?

yeah ive seen em i hate em i also hate those stupid press 1 for turning this machine off, press 2 if you want to destroy this machine, press 3 to hear soemoen who has any brains at all (like that ever happens but its better than a comp) i never bother with them i just always talk to a person, we will never replace the computer, ever! GO HUMANS! but yeah, i sometimes have mind blanks and try to talk to my comp to turn it on (totally by accident) yeah stupid me!

Yes, very frustrating :laugh: Especially when your paying $4.00 a minute for this. :( You KNOW who I'm talking about :P

I did get one of those systems on a phone call to my company's customer service line. I did not have any trouble with it.

I used to have to talk to one of those voice recognition things daily at my old job. I worked in shipping and UPS and Fedex both have portions of their system like that so you have to speak your account number and hope the computer gets it right.

Very annoying. Automated phone systems are bad enough... "gee, can we make it any more user-unfriendly? Hey, lets make a voice recognition program that doesn't understand plain english!" :roflmao:

Does threatening to throw it out the window count? :bow: No, I've not yet talked to a computer as described in your first post TUH and from the sound of it; I not in a hurry to. Just "VIC" type programs.

Does threatening to throw it out the window count? :bow: No, I've not yet talked to a computer as described in your first post TUH and from the sound of it; I not in a hurry to. Just "VIC" type programs.

The only things I say to computers are along the lines of "WORK YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF JUNK!" *shakes fist*

I don't recall that ever happening to me but I do talk to my personal PC like in Star Trek! :thumbs:

You know, like "Computer, get me a connection to the Internet"

and I never get an "Unable to comply" back! :bow: