Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

The Cotton Candy Factory

Are you offended by The Cotton Candy Factory?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Are you offended by The Cotton Candy Factory?

• Yes
    • No

It has been reported to me that some people are offended by The Cotton Candy Factory. I said I'd make a poll for this to see just how many people are offended.

Are you?

I am very offended by the words " Meaningless and No Point ". I think if we take the time to make a new thread and people reply to it, it means something, no matter how trivial it may be. What's important to one person may not be to another. I trivialize alot of the things that bother me with humor. Lightens the load, so to speak.

Not in the least. In fact I think the name is very clever since it's for "fluffy" threads. I don't see anything offensive about the description either. If I found anything about it offensive I wouldn't have moved two of my own posts into there.

By ADDING the word ' FLUFF ' it makes it softer, :) I guess I can live with that :bow: Sorry, I guess you have to include everybody, fluff is nice. :) I'll shut up now. :) :flex:

Edited by Jeanway

I am very offended by the words " Meaningless and No Point ".  I think if we take the time to make a new thread and people reply to it, it means something, no matter how trivial it may be. What's important to one person may not be to another. I trivialize alot of the things that bother me with humor. Lightens the load, so to speak.

The description of this board says that it is for "meaningless" posts, also for "no point" posts and is also for "Fluff" posts. That's not saying that all posts in this area are "meaningless and have no point". If you have something "meaningless" you wish to post, this is the place. If you have something that has "no point" to post, this is the place. If you have something that has meaning and has a point but is simply "fluff", this is the place.

An example would be my "Musical Moods Of The Moment". They are pretty meaningless, they have a point though. I'm sharing a song that I have enjoyed with anyone that may wish to listen to it and they could be considered "fluff". This is the forum that they will reside in from now on, in fact there should already be a couple of them that have been moved there.

There's nothing wrong with meaningless posts, no point posts or fluff posts. They just have a new home now.

I'm offended that people mad some of those topics to begin with because they had "no point" and looked like things that should have been placed in a personal log. I salute the GMs for making this new forum because some of the topics were beginning to annoy me because some of the type I've been enjoying for quite sometime would disappear to like a third page in a day.

I'm offended that people mad some of those topics to begin with because they had "no point" and looked like things that should have been placed in a personal log. I salute the GMs for making this new forum because some of the topics were beginning to annoy me because some of the type I've been enjoying for quite sometime would disappear to like a third page in a day.

Exactly.

I am very offended by the words " Meaningless and No Point ".  I think if we take the time to make a new thread and people reply to it, it means something, no matter how trivial it may be. What's important to one person may not be to another. I trivialize alot of the things that bother me with humor. Lightens the load, so to speak.

The description of this board says that it is for "meaningless" posts, also for "no point" posts and is also for "Fluff" posts. That's not saying that all posts in this area are "meaningless and have no point". If you have something "meaningless" you wish to post, this is the place. If you have something that has "no point" to post, this is the place. If you have something that has meaning and has a point but is simply "fluff", this is the place.

An example would be my "Musical Moods Of The Moment". They are pretty meaningless, they have a point though. I'm sharing a song that I have enjoyed with anyone that may wish to listen to it and they could be considered "fluff". This is the forum that they will reside in from now on, in fact there should already be a couple of them that have been moved there.

There's nothing wrong with meaningless posts, no point posts or fluff posts. They just have a new home now.

O.K. I get it. After all this discussion I am opening my mind up to some new ideas and it doesn't seem so harsh to me now as it first did. We all need to explain ourselves and how we perceive things sometimes. I should know about that. :) I'm still growing here, I'm not perfect, YET :bow::flex: :)

I'm not offended at all. Why should I? :flex:

(it takes a lot more than such a cute little sub-forum to offend me :bow: )

And I have to agree with Nem, too, I like the idea of bringing all the "pointless" topics into an extra forum. Makes it easier. :)

Wait, so there's no actual cotton candy in this forum. Very sad now.

kidding :flex:

VaBeachGuy said it's a metaphor for the kind of substance contained in the threads, so etherial they just melt away at your brain like CottonCandy :)

Sorry VBG, I know what you meant, I just couldn't resist :bow:

No offence taken here. It's just good, clean, silly fun.