Sign in to follow this  
Mike

ST:The Experience Merchandise

You all know how much I love Star Trek collectibles and merchandise. Which is why I went to 'The Experience' with an empty suitcase. Walking the promenade and the shops there was like heaven to me..Here is a list of what I bought there..Some really neat stuff. My collection certainly is getting large...And there is no way to stop it from growing and growing and growing...!! I love it !!

5 T-shirts, yeah I said 5..I'm amazed I didn't buy any of the Experience jackets there..I wanted to..Ah..Another reason to go back this year..

2 Baseball type ball caps. A UFP one and an ST:Experience one..

1 Tribble. You knew I had to get one! I now have 8..Yeah I know..They are multiplying..

3 Fridge magnets. Spock, Borg Queen, 2005 Calendar magnet.

A ST:Experince pen

2 pins. Starfleet Command, TOS Insignia..

1 Star Trek Coffee Cup

2 Pics. Me with the DS9 crew, The Doctor surrounded by Borg

3 Books. Voyager Companion, A Stitch in Time, Legends of the Ferengi

TOS playing cards

I didn't think that everything was expensive. I was expecting everything to be out of sight pricewise because of where it is, at ST:The Experience..But it wasn't..The T-Shirts I bought were priced the same as any I would buy around my home. And I can say that for everything I bought..I was very happy with how much I spent there considering all the Trek stuff I brought home..They had some really nice jackets there and I wish I had bought one. Oh well.I'll just have to go back.. :flex:

Of course the things in 'The Admiral Shop' was out of my price range..I didn't buy anything in there...

One thing I wanted to mention. My brother told me that the last time he was there they had a statue of Locutus there that they were selling. He had his pic taken next to it. Well, I looked for it and couldn't find it. Somebody must have bought it! Talk about an expensive souvenir !! They had statues of the Borg Queen, Klingon Warrior and a Ferengi but no Locutus..Amazing...!!

how much was it exactly?

The lifesize statue of the Borg Queen is selling for $5000..I will assume that the lifesize Locutus was selling for about the same.. :laugh:

Okay, me with the one-track mind...:thumbs:

Anyway, did they have any Data stuff in the Experience gift shop at least?:bow:

lol..I'm sure that there was..But the only things that come to mind right now are pics of Data, TNG plaing cards and that Data mini bust which I already have..

I've been to The Experience (as you can tell from my avitar) and I actually found their merchandise selection disappointing. Most of what they sold I could have bought at a local convention. I was disappointed they didn't have any "authentic" uniform garments for sale. What garments they did have looked hand-made and I could have made better myself.

I've been to The Experience (as you can tell from my avitar) and I actually found their merchandise selection disappointing.  Most of what they sold I could have bought at a local convention.  I was disappointed they didn't have any "authentic" uniform garments for sale.  What garments they did have looked hand-made and I could have made better myself.

Really? Well, I've never been to a ST convention so I wasn't disappointed at all..I thought the merchandise was pretty good..For one thing I've never been to a place that ONLY sold Star Trek stuff! It was exciting for me..And I am anxious to go back there..I'll agree with you that I wish they had more uniforms for sale..