Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

I'm curious...

How important is the Star Trek Themed Skin?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. How important is the Star Trek Themed Skin?

• Very Important
    • Somewhat Important
    • Not Important at all
    • Skin? What Skin?

How important is the skin to the atmosphere of the board? Not counting the Board Banners, but how important is the other elements of the skin to your poeting experience?

I like the whole thing I love the stars and the colour scheme. I also love the people here

It doesn't matter to me at all, though it's nice. The posts are the most important and I think too many extras can get in the way. The ratio of posts in Trek forums compared to non-Trek seems to be changing in favour of non-Trek these days. I'm not sure this is a good thing, but some people seem to be enjoying those discussions. I do, too, on occasion, but not everyday.

I voted very important since it's what drew me to this site in the first place and I wanted a Trek site that looked like a Trek site. However, I feel that this board is becoming less of a Trek site and more of a current events, political, off-topic type board so maybe the Trek-inspired skin isn't as important anymore, at least to the majority of the membership.

I say it is very important. A bland board is no fun. It's aesthetically. pleasing.

Edited by bysty

I like the layout of the forums, but it's not very important to me.. As long as it looks good it doesn't have to be anything special..

It's very important, I think. I like it because it's so much Star Trek - like. :( :)

Very Important. I love the stars. When I log in they are the first thing I see and I know that I am where I intended to go.

it's definately important, it shows that this isn't a board dedicated to something like Jaws. and I have a similar background pattern on my board.

Very important. The way a site looks creates the first impression a visitor gets, and this looks like a site devoted to Star Trek, rather than just another message board. Hope that makes sense. :(

I think it's very important. When I first came here I followed a link from another site. When STF.net loaded I thought wow this site looks really great I must look around. :)

I love it because it's so Star Trek and I love almost everything Star Trek. :(

star trek is what brought us together, and the skin, coupled with our magnanimous subject matter, show who we are - not just a bunch o'Kirk lovers, ya know??? :(

Edited by joeybear

I enjoy all the pictures with members added to ST scences...I

would miss those alot...they make me smile :flex:

It is VERY important, my friend. I love the personalized skins as well. PLEASE keep it. :flex: <---the coolest man I know in cyberspace. :)