Sign in to follow this  
Tina

Giving DS9 another chance

I saw the "Emessary" today and i just wanted to say i am going to Give DS9 another chance. I thought it was brillant when i saw it years ago when worf came on but was angry abut Jadzias death.So i have kept that anger with me.And i forgot how good DS9 was .So i just wanted to let you all know that i am going to catch the re-runs on Spike TV (before TNG yah!)

Is there any early episodes I should look out for

Guest Ktrek
I thought it was brillant when i saw it years ago when worf came on but was angry abut Jadzias death.So i have kept that anger with me.And i forgot how good DS9 was.

Tinadoll,

When you get that far into the series again it might help to remember that it was the actress who wanted Jadzia dead not the producers. So if you are gonna have anger blame Terry Farrell. :wacko:

Ktrek

Yeah i completly forgot..Its also has to do with the fact that Ezra was annoying :wacko:

Ezri really never got to develop has a character. She was there for only one season. If I was her I asked not to be assign to Deep Space Nine. Too many people compare her to Jadzia.

I'm glad you're giving DS9 another chance, Tinadoll. It's a great series, one of my favorites. Some people are a bit disappointed in the last episode, but I was ok with it since it:

Click for Spoiler:

leaves things wide open for the return of Sisko.

I never really got into DS9. I never watch tv unless there's something I really want to see on, so I pulled out our DS9 videos and gave them another try recently. The tapes are dying so I finally bought season 1 on DVD.

All of a sudden, I really like it! I must say I prefer certain eps and I think "Emissary" is brilliant so I keep re-watching it. :(

I never really got into DS9. I never watch tv unless there's something I really want to see on, so I pulled out our DS9 videos and gave them another try recently. The tapes are dying so I finally bought season 1 on DVD.

All of a sudden, I really like it! I must say I prefer certain eps and I think "Emissary" is brilliant so I keep re-watching it.  :(

That's the reaction I hear from most people. At first they may not have liked it because they liked TNG at the time or DS9 seemed too "Dark" when it first ran, but after revisiting it a few years later they fall in love with the series.

I still say it was the best of the 5 series. It's so rich in character content.

Thanks for the suggestions guys :)

What is up with Sisko's hair though :DLOL

Does Bashir still love Jadzia dax after the first season

ends? or is it a lost plot twist?

WHERE IS Q?

What is up with Quark? What does Odo have that keeps Quark in being good?

ok ok back to Spike TV

Thanks for the suggestions guys :D

WHERE IS Q?

ok ok back to Spike TV

It just moves all over his face. Has place to no place to go. Plus, all the good captains have no hair. :)

I don't think Bashir had a woman deny him the way Jadzia did. The more she brush him off the more interested he got.

WHERE IS Q?

He is everywhere. He was in one episode and got punched by Sisko.

They are good friends. Quark keeps Odo on his toes. Notice how they care for each other when they are in trouble.

Edited by Odie

:lol: thanks Odie

I guess i need to keep watching

I am glad that I was helpful. I am watching the DVD's and I really like the show!

Thanks for the suggestions guys :lol:

WHERE IS Q?

ok ok back to Spike TV

What season are you up to? A lot of those questions get answered in later seasons and not knowing what you've seen I don't want to give too specific answers to spoil later seasons for you.

But here's a few from my prespective.

TPTB didn't want Avery to be too closely identified with the character Hawk (seen below) so they didn't allow the facial hair or shaved head. Once the series was established (I believe in the 3rd season) they allowed the facial hair and then later (I believe late 3rd season or early 4th season) they fainlly allowed him to shave his head. By then he was completely established as Ben Sisko and was no longer Hawk.

spenser.jpg

Yes, though they don't really explore that storyline like they did in season one. Later in season 7 they will touch on it again and in other seasons they hint at it.

WHERE IS Q?

Q waasn't really needed for DS9's ratings. They used him in season 1's "Q-Less" along with Vash but that was before the series was established. They quickly got away from leaning on TNG and decided to stand on their own legs. By the time season 4 came around they wanted to add a full time Klingon to the show and Worf was the perfect character, so I don't at all consider that "leaning on TNG". His character was there, free and the perfect fit for the show. I think it really enhanced the series and the character.

Odo doesn't really have anything on Quark, though he wishes he did. It's a "Love Hate relationship, but as the actors pointed out in the DVD's the 2 characters rarely have any kind of extended scenes together. The actors loved working with each other but rarely got to do it. If you want to see a great Odo/Quark episode watch The Ascent

PDVD_026.JPG

Well i saw some of season that Worf came in and stopped after jadzia died..But i am watching it from season one right now

But Spike soes not seem to be giving them in order

They are. They skipped The Passenger for some reason, but it's kind of good they did. I would suggest don't watch Trek Uncut anytime soon. Spike is playing all of the two parters and this week will be Way of the Warrior, and In Purgatory's Shadow/By Inferno's Light is coming up soon. I'm surprised they skipped Improbable Cause and The Die Is Cast.

Its not like i am keeping count but they are skipping some :flowers:

Although what i have seen ..i have liked

Its not like i am keeping count but they are skipping some :naughty:

Although what i have seen ..i have liked

Yeah they are. If you have seen the Marathon though, at least they have played the episodes they skipped once, but what spike is doing by skipping the two/three parters when they are trying to introduce the series is wrong. I don't understand it. Thank god I was able to see the Circle Trilogy this last weekend on DVD though.

Yeah.But i am glad that they are showing the two parters.But i am not going to watch them.It would ruin the timeline for me

As A Fan Since 66 Yes Me Old. I think ds9 Is The Best Sereis To This Point.

The Space station Was A Great Concept It Brought Many Races Together .

Inter Conflicts Were Great.

As A Fan Since 66  Yes Me Old. I think ds9 Is The Best Sereis To This Point.

The Space station Was A Great Concept  It Brought Many Races Together .

Inter Conflicts  Were Great.

Agreed, I stake my fandom as being in 69 though that's the year I was born. I claim that year though because as an infant my father made sure I was there while the show was on lol.

Anyway, I love all of the Star Trek series. TOS will always have a special place as the first and as the one that kept me in front of the TV watching over and over for 18 years until TNG came out. TNG never surpassed TOS in my mind as my favorite but then a funny thing happened. TPTB decided to make a completely different kind of Star Trek, one based on a space station. Well, DS9 is the series that surpassed TOS in my mind as the overall best Trek series. I don't foresee that changing anytime in the near future.

The station gives so many great opportunities for great stories and GREAT character development. In terms of character development I don't think any other Trek series went as far as DS9 did, and that's one of the things that made DS9 so great. By the 7th season we felt like we knew Quark and that he was really a friend. And you know, that guy Garak isn't so bad either. You can almost trust him... can't you? :laugh::look:

I saw the "Emessary" today and i just wanted to say i am going to Give DS9 another chance. I thought it was brillant when i saw it years ago when worf came on but was angry abut Jadzias death.So i have kept that anger with me.And i forgot how good DS9 was .So i just wanted to let you all know that i am going to catch the re-runs on Spike TV (before TNG yah!)

Is there any early episodes I should look out for

187861[/snapback]

So how goes your rediscovery? It's been over a year now.