Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

OSAMA BIN LADEN

I was just wondering about his life. His wife/wives, children. How does someone like him live. I know he's a Nomad. Is charismatic, like Hitler was.

Probably suffers from Megalomania as well. When I first saw him, he didn't appear to be a threatening person, but of course I didn't understand a word he was saying. He smiles alot, looks happy, even thought I know he suffers from a terminal illness. Is he still alive? Why can't we find him? If he was in some cave that was blown to bits, we will never find him. Yet, we are still looking. Do you think our government truly believes he is still alive? And Why? They must have some sort of evidence that he is still alive. Jim?

I'll tell you what I know and am allowed to divulge, but bear in mind, alot of the intel about him is way over my security level. The man is smart, there's no doubt about it. he's got some advanced degrees in engineering, and probably had a fair idea of how much damage flying a 757 into a building would do. also, he's a very rich person. the Bin Laden family is a wealthy Saudi construction family. he's been known as an terrorist since about the Mid to late 80's, working with the Afghan forces that helped defeat the Russian forces, known as the Mujahadine. an interesting note is that, as retaliation for Russian support of the Viet Cong and NVA during Vietnam, the United States supplied weapons and ammunition through covert means to the Mujahadine, including advanced shoulder fired Anti Aircraft missiles and machine guns. it IS believed Osama Bin Laden is still alive, moving around in the border area between Afghanistan and Pakistan. his health status is presently, to me at least, unknown. I do know he is on dialasys for some form of kidney problem. it is believed that he may not be the brainpower behind the Al Queda network, but world intelligence agencies all seem very certain that Osama is the financial supporter of Al Queda. Al Queda's effectiveness as a terror organisation has been drastically cut down since the Oct. 7th, 2001 invasion of Afghanistan, and the subsequent fall of the Taliban. at present, some 90 nations are participating in the hunt for Osama Bin Laden.

I think, and this is just my opinion, we won't find Osama alone like we found Saddam. Osama will be in a cave somewhere with about 20 followers, I think. if this turns out to be the case, I doubt Osama will walk out alive.

we could have killed him when clinton was in office but no he had to have an affair while Osama escaped..

Regarding Bin Laden's history, he comes from a wealthy Saudi family. They made their money in the construction industry (when oil money started to flow into Saudi Arabia, the construction industry boomed).

The last I heard, he is still worth over $200 million, although his family has allegedly disowned him.

Edited by edmcgon

Imo capturing or even killing him (killing him will only martyrize him) won't make for a hill of beans in the war on terror, thousands and thousands of other extremists are ready to take his place. These people need to be instilled with a desire to live in peace but that AIN'T gonna happen, the fighting is going to go on and on just as Christ said it would, There will be no peace

Edited by Alterego

we could have killed him when clinton was in office but no he had to have an affair while Osama escaped..

first off the government has no place in the bedrooms of the nation that includes the leader of the nation.. and Bush knew of 9/11 and didnt act so doing point hte finger at clinton because it happened on bush's watch

first off the government has no place in the bedrooms of the nation that includes the leader of the nation.. and Bush knew of 9/11 and didnt act so doing point hte finger at clinton because it happened on bush's watch

Stoned, the CIA director said they didn't know. the FBI Director said they didn't know. the Presidential Security Briefing didn't include it. your statement that Bush knew is a load of ****.

Stoned, the CIA director said they didn't know. the FBI Director said they didn't know. the Presidential Security Briefing didn't include it. your statement that Bush knew is a load of ****.

I would also add that the Democrat's poster boy, Richard Clarke, said that even if the Bush administration had listened to his recommendations, there was no way they could have prevented 9/11.

STOP IT, STOP IT!!!! Your all doing it again!! What is the point of this never-ending BLAME-GAME????? The fault is the TERRORISTS!!!!! Do you honestly think if a President KNEW or had any idea what was about to happen. Don't you think he would have done everything possible to stop it???? This is president setting activity. When we were ALL in blissful ignorance was when were were the MOST vulnerable. Now we are doing everything we can to stop this from happening again, now we ARE safer. Give our Presidents a little credit PLEASE!!!

first off the government has no place in the bedrooms of the nation that includes the leader of the nation.. and Bush knew of 9/11 and didn't act so doing point the finger at clinton because it happened on bush's watch

I would also add that the Democrat's poster boy, Richard Clarke, said that even if the Bush administration had listened to his recommendations, there was no way they could have prevented 9/11.

How odd that you should write that Richard Clarke the "Democrat's poster boy" when he was an hold out from George H. W. Bush. What I understand from the hearing that there was serve communication problem betweem the FBI and CIA. The FBI computer system right now is so out to date you might not be able to view this site.

We could not have killed Osama Bin Laden when Bill Clinton was in office. There are laws that went back to Jimmy Carter that prevent that type of action. Many of those laws had hamper on the intelligence communities in the United States. They where prevent the us from getting our collective "hands dirty" when we collecting intelligence.

George W. Bush could not have intelligence that would have predicted the attacks on Sept. 11, 2001. I would believe he would have something to prevented the attacks. The information he know at the time was that al Quada was a threat. He got that information from Bill Clinton's administration and serval intelligence memos. At that time Bush didn't view al Quada was series threat when compared to Saddam Hussein.

The intelligence that had at that time was not clear enough to know when and where they would attack. They might hijack planes in the United States. The airports where put on alert. The was no intelligence, that I know of, that would have would prevented the terrorist from slamming several jets into World Trade and the Pentagon.

Edited by Odie

And another thing, if the Intell guys flubbed the Iraq intell as bad as we think they did, do you REALLY expect them to get accurate Intell about Osama?

I high doubt the intel guys have any accurate info Osama. He has surrounded himself with very loyal people. For a very long time he cultivated a cult like following in the Muslim world. No matter how much money we put on his head no one has cashed in on the bounty.

Edited by Odie

I was just thinking about this.

Stoned Vulcan, you have criticised US Intelligence for failing to get accurate intell on Iraqi WMD. you also say that they knew about 9/11. how, if they couldn't get the WMD stuff right, could you expect the same guys to get the 9/11 intel right? I am finding your logic flawed.