Sign in to follow this  
gdog243

Jadzia Dax: The Riker Of Ds9?

Was Jadzia intended to be kind of like a riker character on DS9 in terms of personality? There seems to be so many similarities between the 2 such as how they were in the first season. I was watching "Battle Lines" last night and after watching season 2, Season 1 dax seems so stale and flat and boring...kind of like how Will Riker was in the first season. However, when the second season rolled around, her personality took a 180 degree turn and it was great to see.

Also, not only in personlity, but they both seem to be the guy/gal who always gets the significant other. I mean women were all over riker (I heard that he was supposed to be a Kirk like character) and the same could be said with Dax. Its going to be fun watching her development again because she is a great character and Farrel did a great job. Sucks she left though.

Maybe, I don't think DS9 had a Riker though, there is only one Riker, hehe :)

Actually two, after TNG's Second Chances. :laugh::laugh:

women were all over riker (I heard that he was supposed to be a Kirk like character) and the same could be said with Dax.

lol, are you sure about that?

She was a good character (my favourite in DS9, which is probably why she died :laugh: :laugh:) but I didn't notice her getting ALL the guys (of course, I haven't been watching for very long...?)

I dont think she had all of the guys... but you can tell that they all were attracted to her in some way... most obvious being Bashir, Quark, and Worf... Little hard for Sisko seeing as he saw Kurzon Dax... But agreed... there is only one Riker :wub: even if there is 2 of em :laugh:

Maybe, I don't think DS9 had a Riker though, there is only one Riker, hehe :wub:

Actually two, after TNG's Second Chances. :wub: :laugh:

lol good point

I dont think she had all of the guys... but you can tell that they all were attracted to her in some way...  most obvious being Bashir, Quark, and Worf... Little hard for Sisko seeing as he saw Kurzon Dax...  But agreed... there is only one Riker :wub: even if there is 2 of em :laugh:

hehe, would you date someone you called Old Man all the time?

:D Only in speaclised circumstances...

I loathed Riker and loved Jadzia Dax. I'm not completley sure why but I always just thought that Riker was just too rash and unemotional as a character. Whereas Jadzia acts more like a real person and made me feel different emotions and perspectives of things... (Riker only made me feel a slight indegestion)

:D  Only in speaclised circumstances...

I loathed Riker and loved Jadzia Dax. I'm not completley sure why but I always just thought that Riker was just too rash and unemotional as a character. Whereas Jadzia acts more like a real person and made me feel different emotions and perspectives of things... (Riker only made me feel a slight indegestion)

I might agree with you if we were talking about season 1 riker. He was stale, bland, and didn't feel real enough. However, just like Jadzia (Who also lacked emotion in season one IMO) he was able to lighten up and actually be himself. It was great to see real personalities being portrayed on screen.

I just didn't think that Riker's character changed at all. Nothing happened to him that changed how he saw things or how he felt and he didn't show any progression as a character. That said, having just this minute watched Star Trek: Generations, my metaphorical hat goes off to Commander Riker for his sterling performance in that movie. Hmmm, perhaps I have been too rash and unemotional in my judgement of Riker... :wow:

( :D = Riker. He is now officialy cool)

I loathed Riker

*takes deep breaths and counts to ten*

Come here......no closer....

Click for Spoiler:

Bash%20Head.gif

They certainly both enjoyed their lovin and drinkin and were both quite witty. But Riker was a little more serious I think. Just a little though!

*gulp* Uh...aah...err...caught out.

However, is there any need for violence? In Star Trek's universe you should... RUN! *runs desperatly for the door*

However, is there any need for violence? In Star Trek's universe you should... RUN! *runs desperatly for the door*

laughing-smiley-001.giflaughing-smiley-001.giflaughing-smiley-001.gif

Hey! No fair making me laugh when I'm mad at you! winker.gif

Jadzia Dax is similar to Will Rikker. She has been known to flurt with the best of them-men and women. It does not matter. I guess she said love is love anyway you look at. :innocent:

laughing-smiley-001.giflaughing-smiley-001.giflaughing-smiley-001.gif

Hey! No fair making me laugh when I'm mad at you! winker.gif

hahahhahahahaha!~ Yep..I love this board :andorian:

Maybe,Jadzia was modeled a little after Rikker but as many have mentioned

There can only be one William T. Rikker.

Maybe,Jadzia was modeled a little after Rikker but as many have mentioned

There can only be one William T. Rikker.

There can definitely be only one Riker. And Dax was a completely different character and behaved completely different as well.

In all seriousness..Jadzia and Riker are way to far apart to be considered alike.They both have extremly different pasts, which is what makes a person. Trill joining aside, Jadzia and Rikerdon't have anything in common whatsoever. (IMO)

In all seriousness..Jadzia and Riker are way to far apart to be considered alike.They both have extremly different pasts, which is what makes a person. Trill joining aside, Jadzia and Rikerdon't have anything in common whatsoever. (IMO)

I could not agree more. :)

In all seriousness..Jadzia and Riker are way to far apart to be considered alike.They both have extremly different pasts, which is what makes a person

I agree.

And they had really different posts too.

Dax is a science officer, Riker is a command officer.

So, their roles wasn't the sames.