Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Favorite Rule Of Acquisition From #1 To 21

What is your favorite known rule of Acquisition from the 1st to the 21st Rule?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite known rule of Acquisition from the 1st to the 21st Rule?

• 1st Rule
    • 3rd Rule
    • 6th Rule
    • 7th Rule
    • 9th Rule
    • 10th Rule
    • 16th Rule
    • 17th Rule
    • 18th Rule
    • 21st Rule

1st Rule: “Once you have their money, you never give it back.”

3rd Rule: “Never spend more of an acquisition than you have to.”

6th Rule: “Never allow family to stand in the way of opportunity.”

7th Rule: “Keep your ears open.”

9th Rule: “Opportunity plus instinct equals profit.”

10th Rule: “Greed is eternal.”

16th Rule: “A deal is a deal.”

17th Rule: “A contract is a contract is a contract. But only between Ferengi.”

18th Rule: “A Ferengi without profit is no Ferengi at all.”

21st Rule: “Never place friendship above profit.”

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I voted for #6 but you didn't include two of my favourite (darn only having 10 options in polls).

As I work at a law firm #8 "small print leads to large risk" is very true. I like Rule #13 "Anything worth doing is worth doing for money".

DSBS, there is a book called the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition by Quark as told to Ira Steve Behr. I got my at Amazon.ca Here's a link:

Amazon.ca

Of the ones you listed, I like the 18th. To me, it just summarizes what the Ferengi culture is all about.

6th... I love my family but LORD do they want stuff for free! I work on computers a lot and seems like everyday they are wanting me to build one or repair something. And you have to do it for free... cause they are your family... right? damn I wish i was a Ferengi....

I voted for the 7th, (no I don't watch DS9) because I am always telling my students that! :look: Whether or not the Ferengi mean "Keep Your Ears Open" the same way I mean when I tell my gymnasts that, it doesn't matter! That phrase usually works.

I look at my class, tug on my ears so they stick out a little(this is for my toddler and preschool age kids) and go "What are these?" and they all scream "EARS!" I go "Right, now Keep Your Ears Open!!" For the older kids, I usually ask them to keep them open while I point to my ears...:laugh: I have said that so much that I don't have to say anything now, I just point to my ears and they go "Yes, yes, we know, we're listening, our ears are open!"

I voted for #6 but you didn't include two of my favourite (darn only having 10 options in polls).

As I work at a law firm #8 "small print leads to large risk" is very true. I like Rule #13 "Anything worth doing is worth doing for money".

DSBS, there is a book called the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition by Quark as told to Ira Steve Behr.  I got my at Amazon.ca  Here's a link:

Amazon.ca

Wow, there's a lot of ST stuff I need to get :laugh:

I don't know if this rule was part of your list since I can't remember what number it is, but I have this up in my studio just to needle my boss a bit. It reads, "Employee's are the rungs on the ladder of success, don't hesitate to step on them." I think the Irs may have actually started some of the rules.

I went with the sixth one. It is so true. But one of my favorites is not listed. "It never hurts to suck up to the boss."

#1 is the best in this list, but my favorite of all time is:

59. Free advice is seldom cheap

The complete list can be found here: Ferengi Rules of Acquisition

They have a slightly different set of the first 21:

1. Once you have their money ... never give it back.

3. Never pay more for an acquisition than you have to.

6. Never allow family to stand in the way of opportunity.

7. Keep your ears open.

8. Small print leads to large risk.

9. Opportunity plus instinct equals profit.

10. Greed is eternal.

13. Anything worth doing is worth doing for money.

16. A deal is a deal ... until a better one comes along.

17. A contract is a contract is a contract (but only between Ferengi).

18. A Ferengi without profit is no Ferengi at all.

19. Satisfaction is not guaranteed.

21. Never place friendship above profit.

And #'s 8 and 19 are my favorites there.

:waaaa:THE 6TH RULE FOR ME. LIKE IT THE MOST BECAUSE MY FAMILY ALWAYS HAVE THEIR NOSE IN MY BUSINESS AND IT NEVER SEEMS TO GO ANYWHERE. I'D BE ALOT FARTHER TODAY IF IT WEREN'T FOR THEM.. :laugh:

I voted #6.

Family does somehow manage to get in the way.

Rules number 1: "Once you have their money, you never give it gack." AND number 16: "A deal is a deal ... until a better one comes along." are my faves from this list, but I also really like number 8: "Small print leads to large risk. AND number 19: "Satisfaction is not guaranteed."

Number 6 all the way. I've had quite a bit of trouble in that area lately, and in the end I basically followed this rule. :elephant: Things are working much better now (and my father's none-the-wiser :elephant: .)