Sign in to follow this  
Lubak10

Dune

Has anybody read the Dune books? If not, I highly recomend them. Frank Herbert is by far the best sci-fi writer of all time and any of his books are worth the read.

Yes I also recommend them. I've read them all several times. :blush:

Have you read any of the prequel books. I've read House Atredies (i know I didn't spell that right) and House Harrokknen (didn't spell that right) and am working on House Corrino.

Edited by Lubak10

Yes! I've tried a couple of times to get a good Dune discussion group going, with no success. Needless to say- I've read the series several times and am eagerly awaiting the final book in the Butlerian Jihad prequel this fall.

Brian Herbert is also working on the "final" book in the series- based on the notes his Dad was writing at the time he died. The book would take place after Chapterhouse: Dune. I haven't heard a release date yet, so if anyone hears anything, let me know.

I enjoyed the original trilogy. I read one of the sequels but did not like it as well and haven't read any more of them. I did watch the miniseries on Scifi based on the first two of the original trilogy. I definitely recommend the original trilogy as well but can't speak to the rest of the series.

I enjoyed the original trilogy.  I read one of the sequels but did not like it as well and haven't read any more of them.  I did watch the miniseries on Scifi based on the first two of the original trilogy.  I definitely recommend the original trilogy as well but can't speak to the rest of the series.

It wasn't a trilogy, there were six books in the orgianal series.

I dependes on how you look at it. by original trilogy TUH might mean the first 3 books that center around Paul....

anyway I love the books and herbert was one of the best in his field

since this is a Dune thread what are anyone's thoughts about David Lynch's Dune movie? It was way off from the books but I actually liked it.

since this is a Dune thread what are anyone's thoughts about David Lynch's Dune movie? It was way off from the books but I actually liked it.

I haven't seen the movie but i own the miniseries and it's stays very true to the book.

Click for Spoiler:

this has nothing to do with the movie, but I was reading the book, House Harkonnen, and something made me ponder. It mentioned that the Bene Gesserits didn't want Shaddam to have any male children. It worked out so Paul could become the emperior but the sisterhood didn't want Jessica to have a boy. So, why would they care?