Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

The Borg

makes sense to me, as soon as i heard about and just how they plan to do it i was like yeah that could really work, and those people who think it's wrong are mad since they didn't think of it. can't wait

OMG the writers SUCK!!

In that Episode umm 'Q Who' Some one said its Not over and when Picard and Guinun were talking it was started that The Borg WILL come for them onyl because they NOW know that they exsist..

Enterprise really has to think of the beggingings of species but NOT the BORG its just STUPID cuz then they would have encountered Kirk....

AHHHHHHHHH STUPID PEOPLE

-Laur :D

yes, but remember we don't know if first contact screwed up the time line or if at the end some of this may end up getting cleaned up by the people of the 29th or 33nd centery, just wait till you see it, then we'll discuss it.

I read about it yesterday. It should be a very interesting episode. All this time travel stuff can be very confusing. Remember:

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE :wow::D:D:D

OMG the writers SUCK!!

In that Episode umm  'Q Who' Some one said its Not over and when Picard and Guinun were talking it was started that The Borg WILL come for them onyl because they NOW know that they exsist..

Enterprise really has to think of the beggingings of species but NOT the BORG its just STUPID cuz then they would have encountered Kirk....

AHHHHHHHHH STUPID PEOPLE

-Laur :D

first of all, yes first contact may have messed with the timeline, but if archer and crew had seen the borg, it would have been documented. the borg would have been recorded and it would have been a know species when picard was introduced to them. but i could very well be wrong. these time travel paradoxes are not my cup of tea, so to speak.

I really say let's just wait and see how they do it, i don't think they would do it unless they thought they could pull it off, unless B&B have given up and now trying to fail :D , but anyway let's just wait and see.

I really say let's just wait and see how they do it, i don't think they would do it unless they thought they could pull it off, unless B&B have given up and now trying to fail :D , but anyway let's just wait and see.

alright. do you know when it airs?

I agree, we should definitely just wait and see what they make of it...

Sounds pretty fun to me, Borg episodes are always worth watching and for all we know there could be some kind of memory wiping going on or something... but then that brings back the old 'rewind' button saga that people (I'm trying to say a bad word but can't) about with Voyager.... oh i dunno, like you've all said, let's just wait and see what happens when it airs and then we can comment on it fully! And plus, i don't understand all this time travel malarkey... now where is Dr. Sam Beckett when you need him?!!! :D

I hope it will be good, as i love Enterprise and i love The Borg! So in theory it should make for a cracking episode!

ya the borg are pretty damn cool. lol. thats why i absolutely love first contact. they just give it such a creepy feeling

You're right there, there is this really creepy air about them... There's just something that makes your skin crawl and gives you goose bumps.... yeah they are very cool, First Contact was awesome and i think that it wouldn't have been quite so good if the villains had been someone/something different... or maybe i am wrong, but they are just such great baddies!!!

alright. do you know when it airs?

I believe it is supposed to air in May. It is not definite which week it will be.

I'm looking forward to this episode.And for the Enterprise naysayers the way it looks the continuity will remain intact.The Borg discovered frozen in the arctic are from Star Trek: FC.After the Enterprise-E blew up the Borg Sphere remnants fell to earth.Plus we get to see John Billingsley's real life wife,she will be playing one of the scientist that discovers the Borg frozen in the ice.

I think its odd how some people will condem an episode before its even shown.Whats up with that?

First, the episode airs May 7th.

Also, I think the Borg are cool, and this could be a great episode... It's just the Borg have a slight "overdone" feel to them. They have already done too much on the Borg - Not to say they aren't interesting and scary, however. I think they should do more species pertinent to the time period - like TOS and pre-TOS species.

I'll reserve my official opinon until it airs. It could be good, I hope it's good!

Time travel and enterprise seem to go hand in hand..the borg tho! That's nuts! I agree with bysty..they should stay away from the borg..but they aren't and I can't wait to see how they do it.

About Regeneration from trekwebs

-----------------paste-----------------

Posted: 18:41:20 on March 18 2003

By: Steve Krutzler

Dept: Enterprise | stenterprise.com

ENTERPRISE consulting producer David A. Goodman has popped up online to reassure STAR TREK fans that the appearance of the Borg in the upcoming episode "Regeneration" will not be as disastrous as some have predicted.

"Everything you're worried about, regarding the Borg and Enterprise, will not happen," he wrote to fans at Trek BBS. "This episode doesn't violate continuity. In fact... it serves it."

"Regeneration" follows up on the events of STAR TREK: FIRST CONTACT (1996), with fragments of the destroyed Borg Sphere uncovered in the Arctic Circle. The installment is penned by Mike Sussman and Phyllis Strong.

"They have done a great job with 'Regeneration'," Goodman said, praising the team that most recently wrote the teleplay for "Future Tense."

Viewers will have to wait until May 7th to find out for themselves

-----------------------------/paste---------------------------------------------------------

Sound very good to me!

it is the correct, and right thing to do. I just can't wait to see it, this will be when ENT truly breaks out.

I hope you are right. :blink:

I'm looking forward to seeing this episode. It sounds great. From what I gather no one on Earth (other than the scientist who find them) and on the Enterprise will actually SEE the Borg and they certainly won't know that is what they are. I think it will work.

I'm looking forward to seeing this episode.  It sounds great.  From what I gather no one on Earth (other than the scientist who find them) and on the Enterprise will actually SEE the Borg and they certainly won't know that is what they are.  I think it will work.

They have to not see them, after all in TNG they state that they had never met/seen the Borg before. Even though I don't normally watch Enterprise, I think it may work. After all, who would know until we all watch it and see?

Guest ultimate lurker
They have to not see them, after all in TNG they state that they had never met/seen the Borg before. Even though I don't normally watch Enterprise, I think it may work. After all, who would know until we all watch it and see?

I know that's been said before, but according to Voyager that's not true. Seven of Nine's parents were studying the Borg all the way back in 2256 (according to startrek.com). Thats something like a decade before STTNG even starts. So maybe we can say the borg were classified (even from starfleet captains except on need-to-know basis). The reason why the Enterprise's visit to the Borg was disastrous was not because the Borg found out about humans, but because the Borg had a chance to scan the Enterprise's computers and find out the location of Earth.

Prior to the first documented Federation encounter with the Borg in 2365 by the U.S.S. Enterprise-D, the existence of the Borg was largely rumor and hearsay based on sketchy accounts from the El-Aurians and other affected species. But it was on the basis of those rumors that exobiologists Magnus and Erin Hansen sought and gained approval from the Federation Council on Exobiology to seek out the Borg in 2355. The Hansens traveled deep into the Beta Quadrant on their science vessel, the U.S.S. Raven, until they disappeared into a transwarp conduit and were never heard from again. It was later learned that the Hansens' ship crashed and the couple was assimilated, along with their daughter Annika, who was rescued by the U.S.S. Voyager after growing up with the Borg designation "7 of 9, Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01."

The Borg's existence was not confirmed with the Federation until the Enterprise's encounter. It would appear that the Hansens' disappeared before they could report their findings regarding the Borg.

So thats when the Raven was launched. The Borg were probably a little more than a rumor at the time though, because otherwise the Hansen's wouldn't have had a model of a Cube. However, the Hansen's themselves didn't know much at all about the Borg.

I believe that in the Borg episode in May, the crew will not get brainwashed, but they will probably not be taken that seriously. I mean Cubes are enormous! I doubt they've seen a ship that big before. Thats still just a very unrealistic theory though.

However it goes, I hope its just a good episode! :wow:

I believe that in the Borg episode in May, the crew will not get brainwashed, but they will probably not be taken that seriously. I mean Cubes are enormous! I doubt they've seen a ship that big before. Thats still just a very unrealistic theory though.

However it goes, I hope its just a good episode! :wow:

From what I have read from the episode synopsis there will not be a Borg cube on Enterprise. It said the Borg drones steal a ship and modify it. The Enterprise is then sent after it. With the modifications that 24th century drones could make to the ship it could probably out run the Enterprise quite easily.

Enterprise countdown to loss of all TNG fans in 5, 4, 3...

Just kidding. It will be interesting to see how they incorporate the Borg into Enterprise.

Ultimate lurker, it was 2355 or 56, not "22"! That'd be set before TOS! :blink:

Anyway, the Borg were "known", it's just that the Federation knew nothing about them, other than the fact they existed. So, this is reasonable as to why the Enterprise didn't have any information on them.

As for in "ENT"? They're suppose to be survivors of the sphere explossion in ST:FC. They assimilate the scientists and steal their ship, then head for open space. However, the Enterprise must stop them. I'd be nice to see the birth of Section 31 as a result. Anyone agree?

Also, who thinks the first death should be a crew member who gets assimilated?

Correct Jean-Luc, that's the part people forget, Q only showed Picard&Co. how dangerous space out there could be, they "knew" of the Borg. So you're right, the Borg on ENT makes perfect sense the way they're doing it, it's a one time thing.