Sign in to follow this  
digifan

Enterprise's 4th Season

Assuming this series survive to fill a fourth season, what do you expect in its 100th episode, a landmark for any series?

If this series do survive we may see an ancestor of James Kirk to show up play by no one but William Shatner himself. I can see the plot having a feel similar to Cornation Street or The Seventh.

Speaking of which, what do you like to see in the fourth season?

I like to see a followup to "Deadstop," by far one of Enterprise's best episodes to date. If I am in charge I like to see Archer and company begin a new mission - To establish the UFP and the Prime Directive, praving the way to TOS, TNG, DS9 and Voyager. What are your choices?

I'm looking forward to episode 18 of next year. I know that may seem odd but episode 18 will be the 700th episode in the history of Star Trek (that's counting The Cage).

Fourth Season

I'd like to see a series of stand-alone episodes and mini-arcs as well as forshadowing of the Romulan War and foundation of the UFP, since both arcs should be the the main story arcs for seasons 5-7.

William Shatner

I'd like to see William Shatner play one of Kirk's ancesters in a special two parter. Admiral Kirk anyone? :P

100th Episode

Assuming we get a full season, meaning this doesn't double as a season finale, I'd like to see this episode deal with the TCW and allow for a popular character to show up on ENT, preferrably Uhura since she's the only TOS character who doesn't appear in a Trek adventure outside TOS and movies 1-6.

Season Finale

Assuming we get 26 episodes, the season finale would be two episodes after the hundreth episode. I'd like to see forshadowing of the UFP and the Romulan war, both of which should begin in the 5th season with the actual founding of the UFP happening after the Human/Vulcan/Andorrian alliance beat the Romulans.

I'd like to see William Shatner play one of Kirk's ancesters in a special two parter. Admiral Kirk anyone?

I would rather not see this as it would be a crass gimic, and in my opinion Enterprise does not need gimics as it is already one of the best installments of Star Trek since TNG in my opinion. If William Shatner did come back then it should be as a completely different character, perhaps a heavily made-up alien.

Stardate:214273.6

For the fourth season I am hoping there will be a continuation and possible a conclusion to the TCW.Afterwards I agree with CJLP that the rest of the season as well as seasons 5-7 should probably be spent dealing with the foreshadowing of the Romulan War and the Founding of the Federation.

No William Shatner, please.

The Enterprise definitely needs to start a new mission and based on what they've learned so far have more guidelines in place for First Contact. They will need to concentrate on relationship building with other species - maybe the beginnings of the Federation.

It would be a good idea to make one or two character changes. I think they should add a character - at least a recurring guest star - who specializes in alien contact (a social scientist of sorts)

They will have to come up with some reason that Phlox remains on board. I like Phlox but the way it was set up for his character to be on Enterprise was sort of a temporary thing. They will need to explain his continued presence.

They'll have to do the same thing for T'Pol.

No Shatner. No Kirk. No other pathetic ploys to get "fans" who do nothing but moan to watch. I wish they'd all just disappear so the rest of us could enjoy the program more. Actually, I had one interesting idea for Shatner. Make him the cook, and follow it up with a devastating disruptor blast in the vicinity of the galley.

On a more serious note, I'd like to see tensions with the Romulans built. The Romulans could engage in some kind of subversive activity against Starfleet/Earth; then again, I suspect the Xindi arc and the TCW are all part of this. I wouldn't mind seeing the TCW wrapped up in season four so the talk of timelines can be brought to a close. Even though I'm enjoying the TCW, I think they need to keep things on track re. linking the plot more closely to the timeline we know.