Sign in to follow this  
Nemesis

Rocky Horror

Has anyone seen Rocky Horror? For those of you who haven't been lucky enough to view it, its a 70's cult classic musical.

"A flat tire on a rainy night brings Brad and Janet to Dr. Frank N Furter's castle on the night he is to unveil his latest creation - Rocky Horror - a monster designed for Franl's own decadent indulgences."

For all those who do know what Rocky Horror is, lets do the Time Warp :(. This musical has some of the most ingenious songs ever.

Click for Spoiler:

the-rocky-horror-picture-sh.jpg Edited by Nemesis

Mhhhhhm, I love it, especially Frank N. Furter... *drools* :(

I have the DVD here and I love to watch it. It's an amazing movie/musical/whatever :o

Gotta love Tim Curry. :huh:

LOL yeah i loved that film i have even been to a rocky horror show party which was very cool every one dressed up throwing flour and eggs and stuff..lol

Yep, fish nets looks so great on Mr. Curry. :P

He's a wonderful singer and dancer. B)

Edited by Mrs.Picard

Has anyone seen Rocky Horror? For those of you who haven't been lucky enough to view it, its a 70's cult classic musical.

Oh heck yes I have seen it, watch it every Halloween on VHS/DVD or on VH1 since I was really little! I have the special edition DVD now. If you guys like that musical, get the special edition DVD...extra stuff is awesome. They have an option to have the audience participation cues.. like when they say "Let's have a toast", you are supposed to throw pieces of toast. This is what was done, and still is done in theaters that play it. A ton of people go in costume, and in many places you are free to jump onstage and sing along as the character you are dressed up as.

You also have an option to have the audience participation audio track too, they went to a viewing of RHPS and recorded the audience..

I would post some of the stuff that is hollered by the audience you hear on the S.E. dvd, but this is a family board so I cannot (easily rated R and probably stuff that could deemed NC-17) so you gotta hear it for yourself. I had only seen the movie without the added audio, until last year.

For all those who do know what Rocky Horror is, lets do the Time Warp :P. This musical has some of the most ingenious songs ever.

It's just a jump to the left.

And a step to the righ-ight

Put your hands on your hips...

LOL could not resist that..

Funniest thing of all was my Senior year of high school, Homecoming Skits. Probably most high schools do this..but anyways, each year a theme was picked and each grade's executive board came up with a skit for Homecoming. As luck would have it, Homecoming fell on Halloween in the 1997-1998 school year. So the theme was Horror/Halloween flicks. Us Seniors decided to push the envelope a bit and see if Rocky Horror would be allowed. It was, as long as we presented it as close to school appropriate as possible (which we did as well as keep to the theme which meant having to do with the football game). The opposing squad/school were the Transylvanians, Brad and Janet were our quarterback and head cheerleader, etc. And as a skit is only about 20 minutes long we did not perform the entire film...just selected scenes: Time Warp, Brad and Janet coming to the house, Dr. Scotts arrival, along with a couple added scenes to tie the school theme in to it all. We titled it "THe Class of '98's Totally Censored Picture Show", and our class ended up winning pretty much every category of the competition. It was so cool!!

Edited by Yillara_Soong

I love that movie *Delta starts singing (badly), "Lets do the time warp again"*. :P

I have not seen it for ages I must get the video out again. B)

Folks, let's be honest: This movie was bad. However, viewing it with a crowd of people is a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

I saw it over 20 years ago at a midnight showing on Halloween with a crowd. THAT was fun! :P

The Picture show dose not do it justice. I've seen the live show twice. you just cant beat joining in with the rest of the audence.

and the opening song (Science fiction double feature) is one of the best ever.