Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Which XO would you rather serve under?

Which XO would you rather serve under?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which XO would you rather serve under?

• Spock
    • William T. Riker
    • Kira Nerys
    • Chakotay
    • T'Pol

Let's say your a scientist who studies alien animal life. You've been asked to head a scientific mission to study a lizard-like alien that might advance medical science on a moon full of nasty pedators. The captain has decided to send an away mission of 7 people. You and your team, the security chief, and the ship's executive officer to ensure your mission goes well.

Based on this scenario, which executive officer would you prefer to be your supervisor?

I chose Will Riker. he's got the right ballance of Scientific Smarts to make him interesting to a science officer, and has enough leadership skills (as well as courage) to get us past the predators.

Stardate:214270.2

I pick Chakotay.Will is probably a better leader but Chakotay has the scientific skills needed.

I would choose Spock for his scientific skills. Since the security chief is also there, and I am sure one or two "red shirts", I would feel safe enough. I am more concerned with science skills than leadership skills, although Spock grew as a leader over time.

I think Kira would be the best choice. She has all the leadership skills plus we'll be traversing inhospitable, dangerous terrain for days, possibly weeks. No offence to Will and company but I don't think they could handle it.

Well, it might be a scientific mission, but I go with Will Riker anyway, he has proven to be such a great officer and I would feel perfectly save in his company. :(

I'd like to go with Riker. I think he's the finest first officer in Star Trek.

Of course, if it is a scientific mission it might help to have someone who could help with the science as well such as T'pol or Spock.

I'd feel really safe with Spock B) I'd also have a golden oppurtunity to flirt with him (probably to no avail :P ) And, like mjham said, there's be plenty of spare ensigns in case things get messy

I picked Chakotay too. First of all if I am the science chief I don't want to be working under another scientist. That is just asking for micromanagement. Riker may have a good sense of humor but he can tear you up if you cross him - and he can be easily crossed. Chakotay seems like he can be more accomodating to my unique style and he is more of a realist.

Of course if by "under" you mean I am physically under this person and looking up - T'Pol, of course.

Edited by lt_van_roy

I went with Riker. According to the scenario we only have a seven man team and five of those are me and my scientists. That only leaves the security chief and xo for security and there are a lot of little beasties out there. I think Riker and Chakotay would both take the team's safety very seriously. Riker would just be more fun. Kira would think we were wasting her time. Spock would concentrate more on the science than watching out for us because he finds science fascinating and TPol would say it was logical to leave us all to die as long as our research got out.

I would so pick Spock! He is brilliant and for all I know, some rock slide or something could happen, trapping just the two of us together for a little bit... *stops posting as imagination goes wild* :eekout::roflmao:

Of course if by "under" you mean I am physically under this person and looking up - T'Pol, of course.

Oooo, dirty! By that definition of under I'd still say Spock. Yummy. :roflmao:

I went with spock, besides being in the sciences, he has also grown to have an adequate knowledge of what it's like to be human, as well as what it's like to be captain. Also, since he grew up on a less hospitable world those harsher terrains would better suit him (unlike what someone else just mentioned :roflmao: ), plus he'd be about as strong a XO as you could have, unless you had data with you :eekout: .

I chose Riker.He would be an excellent First Officer. Chakotay would be a good Officer to serve under but I would have to agree Riker is more fun.

I would choose Spock. Riker and Kira have smarts and tatics battle and would do okay. Chakotay would be my second choice, but ultimatly Spock is a scientist and a great leader. He would be best suited for the mission.

My pick would be Spock. Another logical, scientific mind would be of great assistance in such a situation.