Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Lost in Space v TOS

I liked both shows. I was born after they were first run, so I had the opportunity to watch the re-runs. I wouldn't say either of these shows would be better or worse than the other show, but I would give the edge to TOS. The character development between McCoy, Kirk, and Spock was fantastic and the stories were as relevant then as they are today.

L.I.S.? Quuuiiite a difference! Did watch it as a kid, and I have fond memories. Oh, the pain!!! Warning, warning!!! ......yes, as we look at it with a cold, modern-sf eye, Will and co. do not measure up. But, it is what it is, and Classic..I shall always love. TOS dealt with large, and even crucial issues, be it overpopulation, racism, et al...Gene was able to sneak in these things under the guise of a futuristic drama, with characters, who, yet, were human-or in part-and an entertaining, action-type, so often show, that stands the test of time..and begat some other afves of mine. LIS was purer light-sf, so to speak..wellllll...verry light. Both have their place, in the TV lexicon.

Lost In Space could have been just as good as Trek had they stuck to the original premise. I have the original pilot episode on tape. It is well worth seeing if you never have. It shows what this show could have become.

L.I.S.? Quuuiiite a difference! Did watch it as a kid, and I have fond memories. Oh, the pain!!! Warning, warning!!! ......yes, as we look at it with a cold, modern-sf eye, Will and co. do not measure up. But, it is what it is, and Classic..I shall always love. TOS dealt with large, and even crucial issues, be it overpopulation, racism, et al...Gene was able to sneak in these things under the guise of a futuristic drama, with characters, who, yet, were human-or in part-and an entertaining, action-type, so often show, that stands the test of time..and begat some other afves of mine. LIS was purer light-sf, so to speak..wellllll...verry light. Both have their place, in the TV lexicon.

Awesome post!

spockil6.jpg

For the reasons you mentioned I really do LOVE both shows, however if I had to pick one I would go with TOS for the reasons you mention both were great Sci-fi adventures, but Trek always had more beneath the surface than Lost in Space.