Sign in to follow this  
scaleman

Anyone know about this real life hypo?

Ok, before i can upon this i had been wondering when the hypo (like the one shown in MI:2) would debut, but it never happened. Now i happened to find one that looks even more like the one from star trek called the biojector 2000. The site where i found it is http://www.bioject.com/products/bio2000.html . I am not sure what status they are in regarding the selling of their product, but they've been around since 1993 so they might be worth taking a look at. Oh, so people can see what it looks like i have a picture below.

post-16-1081142038.jpg

I read about it several years ago but never heard anything about it after that. I wish they were commonly used, I hate needles!

Yeah, i hate needles myself, and maybe posting it on this site will spare it from the consequences that occurred with the first tricorder (there is work going to make a medical version of that, but let's prevent it from doing into obscurity also).

Why haven't there been more responses, or at least views, of this topic? Are trekkies determined to keep all this great technology just out of reach, or what? :(

I like the idea of this hypo too..Nobody likes needles..Myself included..You say they've been around since 1993..Where? Have they been used extensively or are they still in the testing stage? I've never even heard of them before now..I do like the idea of course..

Why haven't there been more responses, or at least views, of this topic? Are trekkies determined to keep all this great technology just out of reach, or what? :(

I'd just rather not talk about it, that's why I haven't viewed before. Needles don't bother me unless they are large bore :o . But even the finest needles can hurt if not inserted correctly :huh: Hypo spray sounds good, if it works, I haven't read anything about it and really don't care, sorry.

hey i heard about this some were.. i never really payed much attention to it though. i wish they would get these in regulat medical clinics. i dont really like needles.. its not like they really hurt much but i still dont like them.

I have experienced the military version. I can tell you it is not as pleasant as it is shown on Star Trek. A lot air had pump in to hypo to work right. If your not ready it will take you by surprise.

Well, from what i read (and i read a fair amount) it isn't exactly a substitute for needles, but if you are just getting an injection it does fine, and it doesn't break the muscle i think. You don't have to look too hard to find the info as they explain it pretty well on the website. :P