Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Which character has the best sense of humor?

Who has best sense of humor  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who has best sense of humor

• Kirk
    • Spock
    • Scotty
    • McCoy
    • Picard
    • Riker
    • Worf
    • Geordi
    • Sisco
    • Odo
    • Bashir
    • Quark
    • Kira
    • Jadzia
    • Jake
    • Nog
    • Rom
    • Janeway
    • Paris
    • Kim
    • Chakotay
    • Archer
    • Tucker
    • Reed
    • Other

I did not list every character. I only listed the ones that at least remotely seemed to have a sense of humor or I thought someone would think they did. There is a difference between being funny and having a sense of humor. I was suprised that some series few of the characters seemed to have a sense of humor but in DS9 almost all of them seemed to possess the ability to appreciate humor.

This is hard because I think Kirk had a great sense of humor, in fact TOS had more humor than the more recent series. We'll always remember Scotty's "No tribble at all" line

I think Tom Paris had a good sense of humor, and I think Trip does.

Other characters such as Data and The Doctor were funny but they didn't have a sense of humor.

I think part of Archer's problem is he has no sense of humor.

I voted for Kirk.

My vote goes to Will Riker. I love it when he's grinning all over his face :drool: He likes to laugh about certain things I would laugh about, too. And he always has a funny or sarcastic comment. That's one of the many things I like about him. :clap:

I liked Quark but Worf and Spock did deliver some of the best lines with a straight face. Scotty was funny as well.

DATA, definately DATA, with his dancing face. When Beverly Crusher was teaching him to dance. Kinda looked like a cross between this face :drool: and this face :clap: . After that, that's how he always looked to me so everything he said sounded funny. Hey, Takara, how come we don't have a Data smiley face like that?

Who voted for Kim??? That would be me :drool::clap: ^_^ ^_^ :P :( :( :wow: ^_^ :(

Edited by harrykim

To make this easy for me, I'll pick one from each series, then pick one from those five. Time for proccess of ellimination... :P

Montgomery "Scotty" Scott

William T. Riker

Julian Bashir

Tom Paris

Charles "Trip" Tucker III

Those are my choices from each show. I'll sleep on this tonight and pick from these five tomorrow. :(

I know that Vulcans aren't suppose to have a sense of humor, but Spock really does have a sly sort of one. It kind of slips up on you, espcially when he's fighting with McCoy. :P

Edited by Vulcan IDIC

I know that Vulcans aren't suppose to have a sense of humor, but Spock really does have a sly sort of one.  It kind of slips up on you, espcially when he's fighting with McCoy. :P

I agree with you. Even though Spock is his funnest during those classic verbal fights with McCoy. I like it when he wins and rises one eye brow to Bones. Just beautiful! I was a Spock fan before I discovered Data. :(

I voted for Will Riker. He was the only character I can think of on TNG who was actually shown telling jokes (not including Data's attempts with the Comic). He has a mischievious sense of humour at times like in Captain's Holiday when he asks the captain to bring him back a Horgahn from Risa.

I voted Will Riker, although Kirk is a close second. I think of all the times he teased Worf in the movies: 'You DO remember how to fire phasers?' in FC. And in I, when Worf had a "pimple" (they called it by some Klingon name) he said 'Klingons don't do anything small do they?" He said that after Picard and Data were trying to be discreet about it. And when he shaved his beard he said to Data, "Smooth as an androids' behind." ( of course Mr. Data had to check this out, and decided not, to Riker's amusement.) He just seemed to enjoy himself. And when he bluffed at poker.....

Riker...

Spock has no emotions...

He can't have a sense of humor....

I agree with you. Even though Spock is his funnest during those classic verbal fights with McCoy. I like it when he wins and rises one eye brow to Bones. Just beautiful! I was a Spock fan before I discovered Data.

Yes definitely!! I love the eyebrow thing. Maybe because I do myself sometimes. :laugh:

Spock has no emotions...

He can't have a sense of humor....

I disagree. Remember Spock is half human and in Amok time actually does show a smile because he discovers that his Captain is alive. Vulcans have emotions, they just choose to suppress them. Spock really does have a sense of humor or I don't think he would have transported all those tribbles onto the Klingon ship. :laugh:

I voted for Doctor McCoy because I do think that he has the best sense of humor.

I do believe that Spock has a sense of humor (he has to, or else I would not be so in love with him! :laugh: ) but McCoy actually brought his out with sarcasm and dry humor, which I really appreciate because it is about the only type of humor I understand, though I still cannot recognize it in others. :laugh: I am really to literal to get any other type of humor.

McCoy is very funny, but I think that what makes him that way is partly the relationship between him and Spock. There bantering is always funny and they play off of each other really well.