Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Ira Steven Behr Comments On ENT

Ira Steven Behr Comments On ENT

behr.jpg

DS9's executive producer - Ira Steven Behr gave his views about ENT to Berman and Braga.

"They sent me some episodes," Behr told her, admitting that he had not watched the series before that. "For about two hours, I gave them my opinion, and they said, 'Thanks, we'll be in touch.'"

Behr never heard from them again, despite having given them what he thought was "a very clearheaded critique of what the show needed to do to fulfill its premise."

He described the conversation as "very civil" but said that he was uncomfortable. He recommended deepening the characters, and added, "Obviously, what I said...they didn't agree with," because they adapted none of his suggestions.

TrekToday ~ Click Here

Chicago Tribune ~ Click Here

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Not to smack Ira Steven Behr around but I gotta say I agree with TPTB not to pay attention to his advice, I want these characters to be raw or ENT loses it's unique flavor. Characters with boards strapped to their backs work perfectly LATER in the timeline.

Edited by Alterego

I don't know, Ira pretty well made DS9 as great as it was. I would think they should listen to him. Not that they need to listen to him or make changes, but I believe he has some good Trek knowledge and shouldn't be ignored.

If he were brought into the fold I wouldn't be upset.

Anyone with a history writing for a trek series should be able to give there input.

At this point could it hurt?

they should listen to him....

There is a problem with them not listening to him....

They refuse to listen to suggestions of others....

I wish that we could submit scripts to Paramount...

If that were to happen, ENT would be so much better.

From WEAREBORG4102

they should listen to him....

There is a problem with them not listening to him....

They refuse to listen to suggestions of others....

The fans said the show wasn't gritty enough, that the characters, especially Archer, needed to be darker. They said the stand-alone nature of Star Trek: Enterprise was old and they needed an arc story to make the show more exciting.

Season three is darker, the characters, especially Archer, are darker. The stand-alone episodes have gone to be replaced by an exiting, roller-coaster ride of the Xindi arc.

So how are Rick Berman and Brannon Braga refusing to listen to the suggestions of others?

The truth is that some Trek fans have found a Trek show they can bully and condescend to. Its the different kid new at the school that every other kid can turn on and be part of the mob-mentality peer group. Every forum here is plagued by snide remarks. Maybe it unites the rest of Trek fandom to gang up on Enterprise and it's fans, but the fact is that many of us are Trek fans and Ent fans and I for one am tired of the abuse. I love Enterprise and I feel less of a Trek fan every day as the spiteful, patronising remarks mount up. :rofl:

After seeing what DS9 had become and comparing it to Enterprise tend to agree with Ira.It needs a little help .

But whats the harm? Ratings might go up?