Do you eat meat?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Do you eat meat?

• no, I don't like eating poor wittle animals :(
    • no, but just because I don't like the way it tastes
    • only some meat, I'm more of a veggie person
    • my veggie/meat intake is about equal
    • I'm more of a carnivore
    • I only eat raw bloooody meat! Yum, flesh!

But forcing an animal to starve to death because you wanted it's food for your salad is even worse.

There's a magial thing called a seed that you put in the ground and it makesmore plants grow.

*chokes on root beer then stands up and claps* :) :lol: :lol:

THANK YOU :lol:

What if plants could scream? :lol:

They do, we just can't hear it over all the crunching :lol:

YES I DO

and i would shoot my own meat if i have to..I wonder if laughing durning the Movie Bambi had anything to do with it?

I picked 'Mostly Carnivore'. The way i see it is, i'd rather an animal die fairly quick and end up on my plate then see a news story about them dying miserably and painfully due to over-breeding, not enough shelter or the misc other things which are much worse ways for them to die, not to mention in these senarios the meat just goes to waste. Btw, there are creatures that are dying from disease because of over-population, just so you know.

There used to be a joke, "Vegitarian is Cherokee for Lousy Hunter" and you can substitute any native tribe or ancient culture in there.

There used to be a joke, "Vegitarian is Cherokee for Lousy Hunter" and you can substitute any native tribe or ancient culture in there.

Stardate:124281.1

LOL nice Jim! :lol:

I dont got notin against vegatarians.They way I see it,they dont want meat, the good!! More Meat for the rest of us!!!

This may sound cruel and harsh but I honestly dont care about how the animal dies just as long as it ends up on my plate and doesnt have mad cow or something like that.Ive been to a slughter house before and all I thought about when I stared at that cow getting killed is "Oh yeah your ending up on a bun buddy!"

Nothing like Bambiburgers hot off the grill and a cold beer to wash it down, right Tina?

Darn right jim.Especially with thumper on the side in a stew..Hmmmmm Meat

"Vegitarian is Cherokee for Lousy Hunter
I thought that was a Yiddish word :lol:

I read somewhere there is a group of ecologically consious vegitarian veterans who will only eat vegitables killed in combat. Another group of vegitarians only eats Carrots that died of natural causes.

Just kidding. you don't wanna eat meat? Fine. go find your protien somewhere else.

I am a vegetarian. I still like meat and all, I just do not eat it. My family thinks I am insane, but who cares?

I tend to eat about an equal amount of meat and veggies/carbs. My parents do like meat though, and my sister tried to be vegitarian...

Can we define "meat"? Are we talking about something that you bought at the store and cooked or some kind of unidentified object you decided to chomp down on? What about things like Twinkies, what exactly are they? They sure as heck ain't natural. What if a bug flies into your mouth and you swallow it? Does that count as food? If I'm counting calories do I need to count any bugs I accidentally swallow? I need some clarification. I think I'm thinking about this too much. ACK! :bow:

I'm a vegetarian because I just don't like meat. I think it's disgusting to eat the flesh off of another living thing. If someone else wants to eat it that's fine with me, but it's definitely not my thing.

I certainly eat all types of meat i love a occassional Steak or Hamburger but i also eat lots of Chicken and Fish and other dishes like Bean Stew where my mom puts in a Sausage or Chicken Noodle Soup with the vegetables and the traditional Lasagna and Macaroni and Meat on occasion i've also had Hot Dogs as well.

in Essence i'd say i'm a "OMNIVORE" eat both Meat and Vegetables!

================================

not a Pure Carnivore("though i love Meats")

not a Pure Vegan("can't live just on Vegeatables alone")

:bow::laugh: :wub: :hug:

Edited by LoveMalePecs1

Yes I do.

Mainly beef, chicken & seafood(both fish & shellfish, I would list all the types I like but that might take a while. Pickled herring, lobster, crab, shark, & tilapia are near the top of the list).

I will eat pork, but not very much..a couple of bacon strips once and awhile, porkchops whenever that is the planned meal for the family, spare ribs (same as the chops). I will eat ham, but I do not like the taste of it much so I usually avoid it.

Venison, veal & lamb are also very good. And I have eaten, and liked the taste of: gator tail, buffalo, pheasant, elk, and duck. I have always been curious whether or not they should be in this category, but I like escargot (snails) as well.

Even though I like all these and eat quite a bit of it during meals, I actually eat more vegetables & fruits.

Two(possibly three if you count the last one) that I swear I will never eat again in my life..... Cow's tongue, sardines, and caviar. Bleeeeecchhhh....I tried those a couple times while in Russia, and I did not like them much at all.

Edited by Yillara_Soong

What about things like Twinkies, what exactly are they? They sure as heck ain't natural.

I'd call twinkies styrofoam :blink:

I've heard they have a shelf life of 10 years :blink:

My meat/veggie intake is about equal, but I can't do without meat. Lamb is my favorite. I love venison, but I can't get it anymore. :blink:

I tried being a vegetarian, but it didn't work - the cravings for meat drove me nuts!

I'm the only one of my friends who actually eats meat. I can't help it, it's written into my genes- this may not be an excuse, but I'm a southerner. I need deepfried catfish and bacon to live!

My best friend is a diehard vegan, who keeps trying to make me stop eating meat. But I just can't. Even after he almost burned down my apartment by leaving a Bocca Burger in the microwave for 4 hours and 30 minutes (Instead of the 4min.30secs like the directions said.) But that's another story.

What about things like Twinkies, what exactly are they? They sure as heck ain't natural.

I'd call twinkies styrofoam :lol:

I've heard they have a shelf life of 10 years :lol:

I do believe that the first Twinkie expired this year. :look:

I do chicken and fish mostly. I stopped eating other meats for the most part but will eat a steak if my husband insist upon it. I'm lucky my husband only takes me to steak houses once in a great well.

I only like seafood, breakfast meats, some beef, chicken and turkey. Other than that, I would be a vegetarian.

Since I moved to the Mid-West I've tried Buffalo, Goat, Venison and Rabbit. There are a few other ones I can't remember right now but I don't make them a regular part of my diet. I do strictly eat more chicken and fish than anything for protein but alot of beans and legumes too. I only have beef a couple times a month for the B vitamins. Sorry :dude:

My diet is actually fairly balanced; I like meat and vegetables, although I prefer white meat (chicken, pork,and the sorts). I like hamburgers, but at the same time I don't really care for steak at all. :laugh:

I'm a meat-eater. I should probably eat more fruits and veggies but I just can't stand most of them.

My favourite way of eating vegetables is when they're mixed in with each other. Like pasta sauce. I make a pasta sauce that involves taking a packet of ground beef and mixing it in with some crushed tomatoes, green or red peppers, zuccini and some other veggies. That way I can't actually taste the vegetables.

I suppose that's cheating but that's what I do.

Since I moved to the Mid-West I've tried Buffalo, Goat, Venison and Rabbit.

I have not yet gotten to try goat or rabbit, but Buffalo and especially venison are really good. THough I have only eaten buffalo only once, the one resteraunt in town that served it (in a platter along with pheasant, elk, gator tail, and duck) sadly went out of business after about a year of being in service. It was really sad..since there is pretty much nothing in town that has much in the way of more authentic Scandinavian dishes (asides from whatever people make in their homes)...just that one resteraunt. oh well.. :) .

Now venison, that from time to time is available in stores here. But, sometimes a relative of mine would send some venison to us. Which was how I first got to try the stuff.

I've grown up eating meat... and even if i wanted to be a vegitarian or vegan i would be terribly teased by my father and he would cook my veggies along side his meat... eating animals doesn't bother me. animals eat other animals, so why shouldn't i eat an animal... after all humans are animals.