Do you eat meat?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Do you eat meat?

• no, I don't like eating poor wittle animals :(
    • no, but just because I don't like the way it tastes
    • only some meat, I'm more of a veggie person
    • my veggie/meat intake is about equal
    • I'm more of a carnivore
    • I only eat raw bloooody meat! Yum, flesh!

I'm a vegetarian, because I get kind of grossed out and sad thinking about an animal experiencing pain and dying before it comes to my plate. I used to be a vegan(no meat, dairy, or eggs) but that only worked for a few months. A girl needs her cheesecake.

I do regulary eat meat, but only because I don't care or think about the animals involved.

Now that sounds really cruel. I'll try and rephrase.

For instance, if whenever I saw a burger I saw a poor defenceless cow being butchered I would not be able to stomach it. I would turn vegetarian over night. So I just don't bother thinking about it and view the burger as food, not as mutilated flesh and gristle.

Damn I feel really guilty now. :clap:

I would have to say my veggie/meat intake is about equal..I don't eat red meat anymore. I haven't for over a year. No burgers or steak for me. I still do eat chicken and fish a couple times a week..

I don't eat a lot of meat - but I do on occasion eat chicken, fish or pork - as in when someone else is cooking.

If I want a burger - Morningstar Farms Grillers are an excellent substitute (IMO). I have not tried putting one on the outdoor barbie yet but I hope to this summer.

I do love cheese though.

Stardate:214257.5

I'm just about the complete opposite of a vegatarian.I love meat! I see that cow grazing out in the pasteur and I think Hmmmmm hamburger!!!! I see that dear in the woods and think "your ending up on my plate!!!!(dear meat is my favorite :P )

All though I prefer my meat well done.Like my grandpa used to say "I dont want to have to stab that cow again as it trys to get off my plate." :clap:

I voted for only some meat, I'm more of a veggie person.

I rarely eat meat, only when I'm at McDonald's or my mom makes some (that is also rarely the case)...

I love bloody meat! I redder the better in my opinion! But what can I say.

same bascially I always love redmeat...

I'm not completely carnivorous but I eat a lot of meat

I eat both meat and vegetables. I said in equal amounts, but in fact I eat more vegetables than meat. But I do not prefer vegetables...I eat an amount I think will keep me healthy. I eat all kinds of meat. Ocassionally I do have meatless days.

I like meat more then veggies because of taste but I still eat about an equal amount of veggies and meat.

I've tried at least a half dozen times to go vegetarian but it never lasts. :) I hate the idea of eating animals. I do eat meat but if I think about what animal it was I instantly lose my appetite. Someday I'll succeed in going vegetarian. For example I was eating a turkey sandwich when I opened this thread, couldn't finish it, now I'm eating oatmeal.

I really little red meat. Mostly its fish or chicken.

My meat to veggie intake is about equal. Sometimes I prefer more veggies than meat. My body seems to crave veggies more.

I'm more of a veggie person. I really hate pork. Ugh. It's so gross. Beef on the other hand... give me a steak any day. I do usually eat more veggies. My favourite: broccoli. *drool*

I'm more of a carnivore, nothing fills that empty spot in the stomach like a thick juicy steak.

I'm the same there, I eat any meat and you can't beat a big fat juicy turkey at christmas time :) and lots of juicy steak on the barbie :laugh:

I'm a vegetarian, because I get kind of grossed out and sad thinking about an animal experiencing pain and dying before it comes to my plate.

eat kosher they feed the animal grains only.. and the killing is done as humainly as possible and as painlessly for the animal as possible, so it might ease your mind also you cant get mad cow from kosher beef :P lol but anyways i try to eat more veggies 5-10 servings a day and 1-3 servings of meet a day usually 1 i try to follow the canadian food guide..

I really hate pork

pork isnt kosher either... lol dairy and meat (together) and shellfish aren't kosher, from the sounds of a few people on this thread im starting to think that we should all eat kosher... no offense to anyone..

Edited by stoned_vulcan

If we aren't supposed to eat animals then why are they made out of meat?

I actually think it is unethical to be a vegetarian. When you kill an animal for food it is quick and relatively painless. Sure if you have ever seen a slaughterhouse or something like that it is not visually appealing to us, but if you look at the killing act itself the animal doesn't have time to suffer (with the exception of veal). But forcing an animal to starve to death because you wanted it's food for your salad is even worse.

If we aren't supposed to eat animals then why are they made out of meat?

well meat is defined as what we eat from animals so to answer your question animals are made out of meat because of the simple fact they are animals, and your statement implies that we have to eat meat, we dont, its like saying if we arent supposed to eat salad y is it made out of plants?.. and conventional slaughterhouses are painful, or more painful compared to other means, and as for your animal dying because of lack of plants statement, dont we grow those plants on farms, away from animals and then eat them, so we could have as much as we wanted and the animals wouldnt starve, feel free to correct me on this if im rong

But forcing an animal to starve to death because you wanted it's food for your salad is even worse.

There's a magial thing called a seed that you put in the ground and it makesmore plants grow.

But forcing an animal to starve to death because you wanted it's food for your salad is even worse.

There's a magial thing called a seed that you put in the ground and it makesmore plants grow.

*chokes on root beer then stands up and claps* :laugh: :huh: :laugh:

I am a carnivor. in fact, tonight I grilled up some nice steaks for dinner. I also made a salad, grilled potatoes and onions (good stuff) and sauteed some Shroomers and Onions. I love meat. nothing quite makes my day like a nice double whopper...