Sign in to follow this  
digifan

Star Trek Shatterrd Universe

Typing.gif Had you play this game from Starsphere? What do you think of it?

For me I had played it but I found it lacking in several key areas. For one thing the controls are difficult to understand. The graphics are nice but there were no training area.

Warning - Spoiler Ahead

In this game you are a fighter pilot under Captain Sulu's command. Your primary mission is to safeguard the Excelsior from her enemies. Your goal is to reach a subdimensional rift where you can go home. The game had ten levels of difficuities. Each level had their own seperate challenges and difficulties. As you progress through each level, your skills via points and score will increase.

This game had a similar look, style and feel as Starfleet Academy - Cadet Briefing from Interplay except it doesn't have training scenerios nor interactive submenu teasers. If you enjoy playing SA, then you might enjoy this Trek game.

Overall I found this game is above a typical FPS game. The bottom line is it still can't beat Elite Force, which, IMO, is Star Trek's best game to date.

Am I the only one who had played this game? Come on, people. Let's hear what you think? Was it good? Bad? Great? Poor? Let's hear your feedbacks.

I haven't played it yet either. And while Elite Force II was a good game, I would have to say Armada II took the cake as best trek game to date..but i'm a RTS buff, and some people just don't get into strategy like I do..just an opinion B)

I have played it, and I'm mixed on it. On one hand, it's Star Trek, and the ships look really realistic, it's also challenging. On the other hand, it's challenging some levels are ridiculously hard.. Also, the controls aren't set up that well, and it gets redundant destroying the same things over and over. Plus, it doesn't make sense how a fighter and the capital ships are equal in firepower..