Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Does Voyager have bridge windows?

If their not windows arent they viewscreens? Also is a view screen just a digital window, if it was 'offline' couldnt they just still see through the thing?

Look likw windows 2 me and yes i think the viewscreen is a digital window but i'm not sure if u can see through it when it is off line.

:tank: :tomcat: :tank:

:laugh:

That's such a cool picture. I don't think I've ever seen the bridge from that angle before.

The cameras used on our spy planes have many small screens on the underside and cameras on the topside, projecting the image of the sky above it so from the ground it's nearly undetectable to the naked eye. Perhaps that's what the viewscreen is all about. OOPS :laugh: I said too much. StarFleet is going to kill me now. :laugh:

Edited by Jeanway

I don't believe they are windows. If they were the light through them would change based on the light outside the ship, but it doesn't. Also, viewscreens show projections of what the sensors show, they are not windows. when offline they are just black.

I don't believe they are windows. If they were the light through them would change based on the light outside the ship, but it doesn't. Also, viewscreens show projections of what the sensors show, they are not windows. when offline they are just black.

Thanks for the clarification.

It may be a coincidence, but you may be right. I suppose that would explain there was light on the bridge in Timeless.

In the below picture, you can see what appears to be "bridge windows" seen from outside the ship.

Click for Spoiler:

voyager-bridgemodule.jpg

Interesting....

Where did you get the picture?

That's a nice perspective of the bridge. They certainly look like windows to me. Especially after seeing CJLP pic of the outside of Voyager..I can't believe they would have viewscreens that high up! Wouldn't they be difficult to look at?