Do you wear glasses or contacts?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wear glasses or contacts?

• I wear glasses
    • I wear contacts
    • I don't wear either, I have perfect vision
    • I should wear them but I don't
    • I would wear my glasses if I hadn't sat on them
    • My contacts are floating in a glass of tequila and I'm not fishing them out
    • I'm blind as a bat but I'm too lazy to go get my eyes examined
    • purple people eater

I wear glasses. I can't see anything without them. I tried to where contacts, but allergic to most clean solutions. :laugh:

Edited by Odie

I wear glasses all the time.

My eyesight is poorer on my left eye as well. :laugh:

:laugh:

I were special effects contacts. They are wolf eye contacts that look awsomely deep and creepy upclose but still tres cool! B) :laugh: :) :) I just need to find some that have skull and cross bones on em and I'll be happy. B)

Yup, I wear glasses. Made by Clavin Klein too. That had nothing to do with it, I just liked them. Well, I needed them and liked this pair.

Edited by Jack_Bauer

contacts, but i'm usually too lazy to put them on. My eyesight is bad on the left and HORRIBLE on the right.

Edited by harrykim

I wear neither but my vision is not perfect...

One is far sighted and one has myopia

The Left has astigmatism

Glasses since I was 11, though I have contemplated contacts from time to time. Though....

Since I was about 13 or 14 the eye doctor had said I should actually get bifocals, since I need glasses for distances and for reading (plus I have an astigmatism). Then, the doctors turn around and keep holding off, mainly because of my age :) Geez, they give me a presciption for glasses and reading glasses but are hellbent and determined to not give me bifocals (no matter how many times I ask). One of these days I will win that argument...I swear! So getting contacts might be out of the question.

I end up just getting my regular glasses, and then buy a cheap pair of reading glasses. Though I mainly wear my regular glasses even for reading(LOL, that is when I am not going without either pair of glasses).

Edited by Yillara_Soong

Glasses since I was 11, though I have contemplated contacts from time to time. Though....

Since I was about 13 or 14 the eye doctor had said I should actually get bifocals, since I need glasses for distances and for reading (plus I have an astigmatism). Then, the doctors turn around and keep holding off, mainly because of my age :)  Geez, they give me a presciption for glasses and reading glasses but are hellbent and determined to not give me bifocals (no matter how many times I ask). One of these days I will win that argument...I swear! So getting contacts might be out of the question.

I end up just getting my regular glasses, and then buy a cheap pair of reading glasses. Though I mainly wear my regular glasses even for reading(LOL, that is when I am not going without either pair of glasses).

Get a different opinion. This is your vision! If you need bifocals that mean YOU NEED BIFOCALS. Your age dose not matter. The doctor you're see is doing you no favors. I also believe you doctor is trying to get more money out you. Bifocals are not cheap, but it more expense to buy to pair of glasses than one.

Edited by Odie

I wear glasses here, but only for driving or using the computer.

I just can't deal with the idea of contacts... yeah, sticking a finger in my eye. Lots of fun! :(

I wear glasses for distance. I don't need them for reading up close and they are a very low perscription. I use them mostly when I drive or on the computer. I like glasses better then contacts so I don't wear contact at all. I've only been wearing them for a little under a year. My right eye is the one that is worst. My left eye is fine. I went to see the doctor last year and he put the chart on the wall which I could read fine, then he made me cover up my left eye. Grrrr why did he have to do that?LOL! So now I wear them occassionally just so that my other eye doesn't over compensate too much for the other one. It really just clears up a little fuzziness around words that are at a distance.

Edited by Vulcan IDIC

I would wear my glasses if I hadn't sat on them, well actually i backed over them. (Don't ask)

:laugh: :P :( Unashamedly a glasses-wearer here: nearsighted/astigmatism. Haven't run over mine yet. :P :(

technically my dad puts hard contacts to change my myopia in my left two days a week but that's it and I don't need them....

The evils of having an eye doctor as a father...

Since I was about 13 or 14 the eye doctor had said I should actually get bifocals, since I need glasses for distances and for reading (plus I have an astigmatism). Then, the doctors turn around and keep holding off, mainly because of my age :lol:  Geez, they give me a presciption for glasses and reading glasses but are hellbent and determined to not give me bifocals (no matter how many times I ask). One of these days I will win that argument...I swear! So getting contacts might be out of the question.

Get a different opinion. This is your vision! If you need bifocals that mean YOU NEED BIFOCALS. Your age dose not matter. The doctor you're see is doing you no favors. I also believe you doctor is trying to get more money out you. Bifocals are not cheap, but it more expense to buy to pair of glasses than one.

Funniest thing is, Odie...that this has been three different doctors that have done that. They are just determined that you have to be closer to your 40's before you get bifocals(I turned 24 on Monday).

Otherwise, you are very much correct. It is my vision, and do have the right to a second opinion(same with any situation where a doctor is needed). As well as the fact taht it is very apparent that they wish to try and make a little extra money by trying to get me to purchase two pairs of glasses (they have not, and will not win that fight)

Glasses for reading only. I can't do contacts, just freaks me out anything going near my eyes. Wish could though, I tried but, uh uh :lol:

I'm lucky -- very good vision. :P

You know that means you're probably predestined to poke your eye out sometime in the future don't you? :laugh:

While i picked 'i wear glasses', the truth is i'm about to. Apparently i need them to drive (and who knows, i might need them for other things too :P ), but really it only happened because of a faulty govt eye-screener found it by accident. There happened to be a bit of a glare in the machine and well, the rest is history :laugh: .

I've worn glasses since I was 11. I've done the whole contact thing, but can't seem to bear em..so I am now wearing trasitionals and am doing fine, as soon as I can afford laser eye surgey I am there.

I wore glasses until the 5th grade when my eye doctor perscribed bifocals for me. Bifocals! In the 5th grade! My mom finally smartened up and took me to another eye doctor. He said I did have some minor vision problems, but that they would probably be self-correcting if I would stop wearing the glasses I had and let my eyes adjust.

A couple years later the eye doctor who wanted to give me bifocals contracted with the school district to perform eye tests. Every third student he saw he perscribed glasses for. The PTA referred him to his optomitrist association. He lost his license.