Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

How Long?

How long did you lurk here before joining STFS?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. How long did you lurk here before joining STFS?

• A few minutes
    • A few hours
    • A day or less
    • A few days
    • A week or less
    • A few weeks
    • A month
    • A few months or less
    • More than a few months

Just a few minutes. I used to suffer through the idiocy at st.com, until one day I read a post by somebody named VaBeachGuy33 that led me here. I loved the space themed skin, and upon reading the members list, I noticed that some of the more intelligent people who had abandoned st.com had ended up here, and none of the idiots did. I signed right up and am very glad I did! I even made this site my home page.

I check out this site for day before joining. I am so glad that I did. Everyone is nice in here. This is my favorite Star Trek site.

I'm a freak. I lurked over a week before I decided to join. I don't like to join a board until I have a good feel for the place and I'm sure I have the time to keep up on it.

With that said, I was very impressed with the people here so I decided I'd join and try to make sure I popped in at least once a day. :frusty:

I did not take me long. I came here after seeing VBG's messege on st.com and been here since then. This is the only trek board site I go to as well as starwarsfans.

I don't really remember how long I lurked, AE, but I think it was around six weeks. And I may be confusing how long I was a member before I posted anything with how long I took before I joined.

I joined because I had been lurking only at st.com, and was afraid to participate. I read posts in hopes of finding good comments on Star Trek, particlarly Enterprise. I became disillusioned, and went to a site advertised there, which turned out to be an anti-Enterprise site. It was a large site...I can't remember what it was.

I went back to st.com, still not having joined anything, and noticed a mention of this site. So I came here. I went back and forth between st.com and here for a while. I joined stf.net because I mistakenly thought you had to be a member to be able to read the threads. I never had any intention of posting...I wanted to lurk and not be seen. I was even embarrassed while my name remained on the new members list. I never went to the new members forum to introduce myself...I had no intention of talking. I was surprised when I received a welcome e-mail from you.

But I noticed a lot of the people were Chrisitians, and they seemed to be having fun talking. And so many of the comments were thoughtful and had depth. So one day I started talking. I remember the first thing I commented on was televangelists in off-topic (or maybe Risa). And, as you know, I have kept talking, and even arguing! :frusty:

I have yet to join another message board, but if I do it will probably be one connected with members here I feel I "know."

That's my story!

1 minute...

I hated st.com...

horrible mods..

too much cleetus...

You all remember....

All too well and would you believe cleets is STILL spamming around there? :clap: Where is the law???

B) Your jokeing mr."starwars rocks startrek sucks"..oh i would love to get my hands on him just once :blink:

Edited by hangon

It was just a few minutes for me. Then I sent the link to Dabo Queen and was like, "You gotta join!"

Edited by SeeingEyeBorg

It was just a few minutes for me. Then I sent the link to Dabo Queen and was like, "You gotta join!"

And for that we owe you a debt of gratitude.

Agreed.....except for the fact that the Queen has seemingly abandoned us......... :naughty:

A few minutes. After being at ST.C, it only took a few minutes to realize that this was a great place to be!

I heard about it from someone at ST.C called "truefan". He's a member here, but I can't remember who.