Sign in to follow this  
TRexx

Shatner says he has penned Kirk's return

During William Shatner's visit to Toronto last week, to promote Kellogg's All-Bran Challenge campaign, eTalk Daily learned that the former Starfleet captain has written a scenario for Kirk's return "for a show or two". Shatner hasn't yet presented his plot to TPTB, "because I don't know whether they're coming back". Shatner's comments suggest that Star Trek: Enterprise would be the vehicle of Kirk's comeback.

For details of the brief Q&A, which aired yesterday, click this link...

William Shatner on eTalk Daily (transcript & screen captures)

This Toronto Sun news article mentions some of Shatner's current and future projects, such as the sequel to Miss Congeniality, and an offer to headline a reality show next season.

--------------

"Buffy" meets "The Simpsons"

wow.....thats the same post that you posted on williamshatner.com....... :wow:

hey you get around....... :wow:

Edited by Spudgun

During William Shatner's visit to Toronto last week, to promote Kellogg's All-Bran Challenge campaign, eTalk Daily learned that the former Starfleet captain has written a scenario for Kirk's return "for a show or two". Shatner hasn't yet presented his plot to TPTB, "because I don't know whether they're coming back". Shatner's comments suggest that Star Trek: Enterprise would be the vehicle of Kirk's comeback.

That would be a nail in the coffin. Personally I would like Enterprise to keep on looking forward but if Kirk did come back then I would prefer someone else to write the script.

wow.....thats the same post that you posted on williamshatner.com....... :thumbs:

hey you get around....... :thumbs:

And it's the same text that I posted at SyFy Portal and TrekWeb, and I e-mailed the scoop to BringBackKirk.com before posting at WilliamShatner.com.

Shatner's statement is Trek news.

--------------

"And it's the same text that I posted at SyFy Portal and TrekWeb, and I e-mailed the scoop to BringBackKirk.com before posting at WilliamShatner.com.

Shatner's statement is Trek news".

yeh but he has posted about this months ago on www.williamshatner.com

its not really new.........

yeh but he has posted about this months ago on www.williamshatner.com

its not really new.........

Read the eTalk transcript: Shatner clearly says, "So, you're learning for the first time that I have in my hip pocket a way of bringing the character back". The gang at BringBackKirk.com would know if this particular spin is old, yet they're jumping on it with excitement; Jason (a.k.a. BBKUS) described it as "awesome" news in his e-mail reply to me.

--------------

Edited by TRexx

Thanks for posting this, TRexx. I'm sure the people at BringBackKirk.com like this news. Keep on posting any other news you find! :thumbs:

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Thursday, August 21, 2003

The Community Interviews Bill (Part One] from williamshatner.com

30. Is there anything that can be done on your end to get [Kirk to appear on “Enterprise”] in the upcoming season? [note: many of you asked about the possibility of Kirk returning in some form. Bill tries to answer your questions here].

Bill answered: There is probably not a big chance that Kirk will appear in any future Star Trek projects. I don’t see in the present atmosphere how that would be possible. There was some talk of me being a guest on “Enterprise” but I haven’t heard anything about it since then.

.....maybe they need him to bust the rattings......

:thumbs:

For details of the brief Q&A, which aired yesterday, click this link...

William Shatner on eTalk Daily (transcript & screen captures)

This Toronto Sun news article mentions some of Shatner's current and future projects, such as the sequel to Miss Congeniality, and an offer to headline a reality show next season.

--------------

"Buffy" meets "The Simpsons"

William Shatner is too old to play Captain Kirk and Kirk is dead. It's time to move on folks. I would be open to William Shatner playing one of Kirk's ancetors in ENT though. :thumbs:

CJLP

You need to download the Bring Kirk back Trailer(its really Great Trek)

KIRK is KIRK! He is the all time most macho Captain(ok So Sisko ,Archer and Picard were macho too.But kirk got all the ladies) He also died really bad! Its like leaving Spock dead..They HAD to bring him back..Also all the books like "the Return" and so forth (penned by Shatner) did really REALLY well and were Great reads

CJLP

KIRK is KIRK! He is the all time most macho Captain(ok So Sisko ,Archer and Picard were macho too.But kirk got all the ladies) He also died really bad! Its like leaving Spock dead..They HAD to bring him back..Also all the books like "the Return" and so forth (penned by Shatner) did really REALLY well and were Great reads

well said that man......... :thumbs:

Thanks for posting this, TRexx. I'm sure the people at BringBackKirk.com like this news. Keep on posting any other news you find! :thumbs:

Master Q

I endeavor to not be deterred by those who appear to seek mere idle quarrel. :thumbs:

--------------

CJLP

I did. Personally, I thought it was a fanboyish production. It would make for great fan fiction, but there's no way I'd watch anything like that if actually produced.

KIRK is KIRK!

Yes, but his chapter of Trek came to a close with THE UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY.

He is the all time most macho Captain(ok So Sisko ,Archer and Picard were macho too.But kirk got all the ladies)

Actually, I think Sisko is the most macho Captain. :thumbs:

He also died really bad!

Oh? Retired Captain James T. Kirk left the Nexus, a place where he could live out eternity in bliss, to help a future Captain of the Enterprise, Picard, in order to save a civilization he's never heard of before. That, to me, sounds like a very heroic thing to do. As for being killed by a collasped bridge, I think that was a good way to kill off Captain Kirk. Why? It was completely unexpected and unpredictable for a man who's survived such extreme circumstances. If he had gone down on the bridge of the Enterprise, it would'a been a bit predictable.

Its like leaving Spock dead..They HAD to bring him back..

Spock was brought back becuase Leonard Nimoy decided he wanted to continue the role of Spock. :thumbs:

Also all the books like "the Return" and so forth (penned by Shatner) did really REALLY well and were Great reads

I'm not into Trek books. There's over 600 episodes and 10 movies. There's so much Trek to watch, I wouldn't have an interrest in reading a Trek book. I'd rather just pull out an old episode, watch a movie, or wait for the next episode of ENT. :thumbs:

Not to be confontational CJLP but you are missing out a lot by not reading the star trek novels. Yes they are not cannon but some stories just can't be made into movies or tv as it would cost to much and if you don't read star trek I hope you read something books make you think, tv just makes your brain sit. IMHO.

Thanks for posting this, TRexx. I'm sure the people at BringBackKirk.com like this news. Keep on posting any other news you find! :huh:

Master Q

I endeavor to not be deterred by those who appear to seek mere idle quarrel. :frusty:

--------------

That's a good one! Funny-Above.gif

IMO if Shatner come back it's more than likely he will play Kirk's great grandfather, someone older than George Kirk. I know Trek novels aren't consider "cannon" but Shatner has a good sense of humour. Who knows? He may even singlehandedly connect his Trek novels to the Enterprise era and change the course of Trekiverse history. Leave it to Captain Kirk to save the day, right? <_<

I did. Personally, I thought it was a fanboyish production. It would make for great fan fiction, but there's no way I'd watch anything like that if actually produced.

Thats only your opinion.Most people i have talked to loved it .I think it is better Trek than what i see on Enterprise any day.It just proves my point: Let some fans write some Trek scripts.I am sure it will be GREAT Trek

Actually, I think Sisko is the most macho Captain.

Again only your opinion.::to the tune of the theme from Shaft: Who is the man who get all the ladies...Kirk....You darn right..Who has his shirt ripped off more than any other capitain...Kirk...

Oh? Retired Captain James T. Kirk left the Nexus, a place where he could live out eternity in bliss, to help a future Captain of the Enterprise, Picard, in order to save a civilization he's never heard of before. That, to me, sounds like a very heroic thing to do. As for being killed by a collasped bridge, I think that was a good way to kill off Captain Kirk. Why? It was completely unexpected and unpredictable for a man who's survived such extreme circumstances. If he had gone down on the bridge of the Enterprise, it would'a been a bit predictable

HE GOT CRUSHED BY A BRIDGE..Its KIRK! he should have gone down with the Enterprise like all good captains do(go down with their ship)

Spock was brought back becuase Leonard Nimoy decided he wanted to continue the role of Spock

So William Shatner penning somthing like 5 (or six) Kirk books (WHICH ARE FANTASTIC) is not wanting to come back..Pish posh..Also the fans were in a uproar over Spock which changed lenords mind about the Spock character

IIRC didn't he already published a Trek novel called "The Return" with Kirk resurrected by Romulans using Borg technology? Maybe this is what he is doing - Promoting his book along with his other Trek novels? Deep-Thinker.gif Possible?

Kirk is alive and well, you should read the books that William Shatner wrote, he managed to bring Kirk back to life (Actually it was the Borg). I believe the title of his first Star Trek book is "Ashes of Eden" which takes place a few days after the Enterprise-D crew is rescued from the planet they crashed on. The books are great reading and only William Shatner could bring Kirk back to life. So to me he is alive and well in the 24th century.

---------------------------------------------------------

{EDIT}

There seems to be a database error (sorry for the inconvenience): Click here to read the rest of the posts to this topic

Problem corrected :wacko:

---------------------------------------------------------

Edited by master_q

I agree with CJLP that the "Bring Back Kirk" clip is fanboyish. Words like cheesy and cheap come to mind. It was the lamest idea I've ever seen.

Also, Shatner's books were ghost-written (at least in part), weren't they? Let's leave writing to writers. Let's leave acting to actors. Hey, what's Shatner going to do?

And I wouldn't really consider reading a Trek book either. With all the great literature in the world, Trek books are not exactly on top of my list of books to read.

Shatner needs to just roll over with the whole Trek thing. If he wants to do other stuff, fine.

Don't you think it's gonna be rather hard for the heads of Star Trek to allow Kirk to come back? It seems like Picard, Sisko and Janeway are like more since there's a lot more of them.

Shatner's Star Trek books of Kirk coming back were really good, kinda made me wish Kirk was really back.

There's nothing wrong with reading Trek books. There are some talented writers in the genre (I would elect Diane Duane as the best Trek writer, but that is for another post). No one is claiming it's great literature, it's just good fan fiction. I can't read Dostoyevsky and Camus all the time, or I'd be more depressed than I already am.

I thought the Bring Back Kirk movie was pretty good for a fan effort. The whole point is: "This is what a couple of guys can do on their PC, imagine what Paramount studios could do." I hope to see Shatner on Enterprise next .