Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Do you believe we will see an 11th movie?

Do you believe we will see an 11th movie?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe we will see an 11th movie?

• Yes
    • Yes, but not a 5th TNG movie.
    • No

I wouldn't like it to be n ENT movie...

It would mean destroying the trend of chronological order in the movies..

It wouldn't be much different than what they did with the series.

that's one of the reasons I dislike ENT
I don't like it that they ENT is so farr back into the "past" but now we learn about for axcample: how Starfleet met the Romulans and stuff like that.

If there is an Ent.Movie i won't see it

Its bad enough that it will be off the sequence of movies( the crews of DS9 and Voy are waiting for thier shot)

Its also probally going to be a bad script ,bad special effects and bad BAd guys

If there is an Ent.Movie i won't see it

Why not?

Its bad enough that it will be off the sequence of movies( the crews of DS9 and Voy are waiting for thier shot)

There's no plans for DS9 nor VOY to be made into a movie, so ENT is the next logical choice. However, a mixed-crew or new-crew is more likely.

Its also probally going to be a bad script ,bad special effects and bad BAd guys

What do you base this on?

Both David Gerrod and William Shatner have put forth scripts for a new Trek Movie set in the past- I'd personally like to see a prequel to TOS.

I think the fan movies are on to something. If Paramont will release a post Enterprise/pre-Star Trek movie is doubtful. No major film production company is going to put money into an untested market. Let's stop looking to the major studios to give us new content- and concentrate on the fan based films.

Fan art is a major market- it's made by people with a vision, and isn't dictated by big business. Fans don't want to take money away from the studios, on the contrary, we want to promote the success of the show and continue it.

We should be supporting sites like Bring Back Kirk, and encouraging fans to put their visions out there- because Star Trek lives on through [/u]us not some network executive.

Both David Gerrod and William Shatner have put forth scripts for a new Trek Movie set in the past- I'd personally like to see a prequel to TOS.

As long as it's intended to lead to TOS and not a remake of TOS, I'm all for it! It'd also be fun to see Kirk recast by someone who might could capture Shater's uniuqeness or try to recreate it. I'm not saying Kirk should be recast all together, but William Shater can't play a Kirk in his 20's. :naughty:

If Paramont will release a post Enterprise/pre-Star Trek movie is doubtful.

Agreed. If it is indeed true that the next movie will be a prequal movie, I've a feeling it will be set durring the ENT time perriod with one of the main characters having a special role in the movie, but otherwise with a new cast. One of the ENT characters could be a part of the new cast much like Worf would return to the TNG cast for movies 8-10 despite him also being a DS9 character.

No major film production company is going to put money into an untested market.

Film production companies risk original movies all the time, so why wouldn't they risk doing a Trek movie if the screenplay is solid?

Let's stop looking to the major studios to give us new content- and concentrate on the fan based films.

If this happens, then as far as I'm concerned, there will be no more movies. :P

Fans don't want to take money away from the studios, on the contrary, we want to promote the success of the show and continue it.

That's cool, as long as the studios give you permission. :P

We should be supporting sites like Bring Back Kirk, and encouraging fans to put their visions out there-  because Star Trek lives on through [/u]us not some network executive.

That's cool, but I laughed my head off at the Bring Back Kirk trailer, it was so silly! :bow: I'd rather stick to series dramatic Star Trek, produced by people who went to film school to produce movies and TV shows for a living, rather than a bunch of guys in their living room. :bow:

Edited by RikerChick

I can stand the ent series, but movie.........no way!!!! I just dont think the crew could cut it to be on a big time trek film (no offense to anybody out there). If you look at the TNG crew and obviously TOS crew they had it together and entertained audiences. I find enterprises crew to be fairly boring and in my opinion Capt. Archer (Scot Bacula) isnt a very good actor (im prob making a lot of people mad but it is just my oppinion). The show is good enough for tv.....nothing else.

Edited by blitzkrieg1110

Hey, that reminds me...I have heard that Berman is in the planning stages of another Trek movie, but that it's going to be a prequel of sorts. Anyone else heard about anything like that?

Hey, that reminds me...I have heard that Berman is in the planning stages of another Trek movie, but that it's going to be a prequel of sorts.  Anyone else heard about anything like that?

Yeah, MQ posted a thread about it with some info in Trek News; follow the link at the link below for more info...

http://www.startrekfans.net/index.php?showtopic=14059

I believe that the next film will be a mixture of all new charcters in the Star Trek Universe. I have stated this all along and will happily bey you all a tennar that that is what (if ever) will happen..

Yes, there is probably going to be another movie. But it may not be for some time, seeing how Enterprise isn't doing well and Nemisis only did okay. If they do make another movie, I think their best chances are either DS9 or VOY. Enterprise isn't doing well on TV, why would it do better in a movie?

Certainly There Will Be A New Movie Someday, But Not A New TNG Movie. The Crew Is Split Up And I Believe Patrick Stewart Said He's Done Playing Picard.

Cept Maybe Voice Overs For Videogames! :picard-sith:

I also voted YES but not TNG.

Since there were so many great ST movies I would miss ST on the big screen.

As to me the storylines of VOY and DS9 have been completed. As much as I would like to see them in the movies I cannot believe it will happen.

Why not start with something completely new?

:picard-sith:i would love to see another movie come out soon. that would be awesome.

i think should do differant star trek movie here i would like see as star trek movie s split beteewn vulcan and romluans . i would love to see movie about Dominion. or movie about Riker ship and crew

the way is already set, the next movie is going to be a prequal to TOS but after Ent's time. It will be about the romulan wars and will span 3 films in a trilogy, i wanna also see a movie about the Dominion, as for a next gen movie its higly unlikely altho i would of luved to see it.

I voted middle option

the way is already set, the next movie is going to be a prequal to TOS but after Ent's time. It will be about the romulan wars...

Agreed.

...and will span 3 films in a trilogy

Where'd you here that and who said it? :blink: I don't remember reading it was going to be a trilogy in any of the articles I read. Please verify. :blink:

i herd it at Trektoday.com 2 weeks ago or sumthin, i dont have any solid evidence but i do remember what rick berman and branaga said.

i herd it at Trektoday.com 2 weeks ago or sumthin, i dont have any solid evidence but i do remember what rick berman and branaga said.

250972[/snapback]

Oh, well, if you ever come across that info again I'd be very interested in seeing it please. :blink:

250972[/snapback]

Oh, well, if you ever come across that info again I'd be very interested in seeing it please. :blink:

250984[/snapback]

I concur :laugh: :blink:

I hope we see an 11th movie. About the Deep Space Nine crew. Doesn't have to involde the DS9 it'self, but maybe it could take place on the Defiant.