Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Star Trek Toys

Wow, I'm impressed. They actually look like who they're supposed to be. Wish I was a kid! Or had a male child........or something.

That new technique they use to make the action figures is incredible. They use some type of device to scan the actor to get all of the information they need to get the best representation they can get.

Some action figures are better than others. I remember an interview with Brent Spiner when he was shown a prototype of a Data figure and he was dumbfounded as they had given the figure blue eyes!! "All those years of wearing gold contacts and it had blue eyes."

I guess they all remembered the one blooper shere we all got to see Data with blue eyes(remember the whole deal with the contact lenses?)

wow! i want! i want! i have a bunch of tng action figures from when i was young (actually i still have picard, riker, data, and geordi on display in my room. lol). i also have worf and deanna but they got ruined and i lost beverley and geordi's visor. but i do have a huge transporter thingy that actually made the illusion of the figures actually disappearing and a shuttlecraft that can seat 5 of the figures. i love them. lol. i wish i was still a little kid.

I know that the Art Assylum toys are available online and at Target(which is where I got my Data figure from Nemesis, and where I got the Borg figure for my brother)

I don't know if they've still got this, but Target recently had a sale on them.

The 7 in. action figures were about $3.

And I didn't see the ship, but the model of the Enterprise (with lights and sounds) was $10.

Really, really, really amazingly cheap stuff.

Worth it to check and see if they're still on sale. :bow:

i live in Canada. i dont have target. at least not here in alberta. but, when i go camping, i go to all the small towns and go to their toy shops. they usually have tng figures from a long time ago that never sold. its awesome.

I don't know if they've still got this, but Target recently had a sale on them.

The 7 in. action figures were about $3.

And I didn't see the ship, but the model of the Enterprise (with lights and sounds) was $10.

Really, really, really amazingly cheap stuff.

Worth it to check and see if they're still on sale. :D

It is now safe to say I will never again be buying from the Communicator magazine, they ripped me with full retail and I am not happy.

ive always wanted a tng tricorder. there used to be a toy from playmates but i never bought it when i was a kid. now i want it! it would be so cool!

The only Trek toys I really liked where the ships and stuff like phasers, tricorders, comminicators, that sort of thing. You know, run arround flying the ship, then pretend you're a Starfleet officer! :D

Personally, I prefer the Trek games for Computer & Playstation. :wow:

Toys R Us have some of the Art Asylum Enterprise and Nemesis toys in the stores and online.