Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

THE END OF STAR TREK

Check this link out about a possible "prequal trilogy" for the Trek movies. I can honestly say that if this happens, Trek will be over for me. I'll enjoy the already made Trek and enjoy Stargate for my new weekly adventures. I'm not opposted to prequal, preferrably ENT, nor trilogy movies. It's the idea they present that I feel would kill Trek. Star Trek has first and formost always been character-driven for me. The day it becomes Star Wars-like is the day I move on. :picard-sith:

Good news is that if they do this Rick Breman will not be involved.

Michael Piller, Ronald Moore and Ira Stephen Behr should be brought back to run the creative side of the franchise.

Rick Berman and Brannon Braga should go when ENT finishes.

So a pre-TOS trilogy, huh?

Sounds good to me... I like TOS and always wanted to see the things just before it's time....

But I, too, think character-driven stories are good, so I'd like to see that mixed into the batch....

I like all Trek, so if this will be Trek of a different flavor, I'll still probably like it....

Pre-TOS rocks :picard-sith: (me thinks, like Captain Robert April and all)lastresort.jpg

Sounds like crap to me. Do we really want the guy who made Snow Dogs and the Mighty Ducks movies instead of Rick Berman and Brannon Braga? I'd take them anyday if the alternative was someguy who has never been involved in Trek and made those movies. Berman and Braga may not be perfect but they know what they're doing. Do we want someone with no trek experience to produce these movies? Nemesis had a director with no previous Trek work and look at the result.

The plots of the suggested movies do not sound that good either.

The civil war idea doesn't seem to fit. It could involve Garth of Izar at Axanar, so it may work.

The fission to fusion idea is just lousy. Like the author of the article states: How is that a plot?

Young Kirk could work but I'd like to know more about what happens. Could be the incident on the Farragut with the dirkonium cloud creature, but then Kirk would be the main character.

I think the best thing to do would be to get John Logan to write another script. He obviously knew what he was doing and understood Star Trek. The key would be to get a director who knows what they're doing like Allan Kroeker, Johnathon Frakes, LeVar Burton, or maybe even Nimoy.

I really hope this is just a rumour.

Edited by Jack_Bauer

I think this sounds like a terrible idea. If they abandon character-driven stories and also disregard continuity, Star Trek will be over for me..

Hmmmm......

Disregard for continuity....

I totally dislike that, unless it involves time-travel.....

Also if they were to shy away from character-driven stories (as much of my favorite sci-fi focus upon), then it wouldn't be of something I'd readily like...lastresort.jpg

Edited by drwho42

I can't even understand why they would turn over the most successful television and movie franchise in history to the man who brought us both George of the Jungle movies, all three Mighty Duck movies, and Snow Dogs. *shudders*

It's insane.

I just hope this isn't the important announcement on Thursday. Can you at least confirm that it isn't CJLP, since you know what the announcement will be? Please??

Edited by Jack_Bauer

Hey, CJLP, maybe you should of started a poll about this subject. It may give a great idea of how Trek fans feel about the prequel idea. What do you think?

Stardate:214240.5

Ugh I am with Wesley here.If they go through with this idea I will not even watch them.This would be just horrible if they did it. :picard-sith:

Edit to:Change CJLP to Wesley until he tells us what he knows.

Edited by Goose

What total garbage! If they go through with this I too will not watch them. And I don't pass Star Trek up. But I would start very fast. It's just a bad idea. Somehow I get the feeling that this is just a silly rumor and/or joke. Paramount would never be so foolish. But if, for some reason, they do decide to go with this horrendously bad idea I will be writting Paramount. Many fans think they know how to fix Star Trek when they have no knowlege of writing; and as such I have heard many terrible ideas from fans. And if the fans know that this is a bad idea, then Paramount should also know because, seriously, Paramount is smarter then the "fans".

God...If This Actually Happens, I'll Have To Put Up With Too Much Complaining About It Being A "Ripoff" Over At StarWars.com. Well...I'll Be Agreeing Too, lol...

But Anyways...Ugh :laugh:

Hey, CJLP, maybe you should of started a poll about this subject. It may give a great idea of how Trek fans feel about the prequel idea. What do you think?

Like it, it's got a nice rhythm about it, rocks!

It would be a trilogy of films without an Enterprise. It wouldn't go where no one had gone before. It wouldn't feature the tightly-knit crews and personalities that made the more successful films so good. And it would probably break continuity something terrible. A convoluted time-travel plot à la the Enterprise series wouldn't be out of the question either.

Notice the excessive use of the word would in this paragraph, meaning the author is hypothesising. Obviously, this is little more than speculation by a disgruntled fan. The writer has already noted he isn't happy with B & B, so he/she's obviously just crusty about Ent. (maybe Voyager, too - and who could blame someone for that?) and looking for something to moan about.

I think a trilogy that follows up on Ent. could be quite interesting if they did it right.

But, then again, I don't believe everything I read. The article they reference at startrek.com is 4 and a half years old and it was about an idea thrown around 10 years before that point. Take it for what it's worth: Nothing.

Well, I tend to watch movies on video or DVD, not at the theater. But I am likely to give it a try if it is a Star Trek movie.

Edited by mjham

I think it sounds cool, I'd go see them. I wouldn't mind in the least if the trek films went a little more Star Wars style. But then again, I love Star Wars every bit as much as Star Trek.

Hey, CJLP, if you do not start a poll, I may. Is that OK? Maybe it could be hightligted on the Portal too. Think about starting it. It is an important issue. It may affect the whole future of the Star Trek Universe.

WOW, am I getting dramatic for someone who does not post much.

Hey, CJLP, if you do not start a poll, I may. Is that OK? Maybe it could be hightligted on the Portal too. Think about starting it. It is an important issue. It may affect the whole future of the Star Trek Universe.

WOW, am I getting dramatic for someone who does not post much.

I second what is in the bold print. Definately is a great idea to start a poll.

about getting dramatic. Data, not really...it is just a topic that you feel strongly about is all. :o