Sign in to follow this  
athena28

Best/Worst Episodes

BEST

Time and Again; Deadlock; Eye of the Needle; Flashback (only for TOS nostalgia); Future's End; Distant Origin; Scorpion; Scientific Method; Year of Hell; Prey; The Killing Game (just for the grandeur); Living Witness; Body and Soul; In the Flesh (gotta love Boothby); Someone to Watch Over Me; Relativity; Equinox (best part C. was given in too long); Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy; One Small Step (cried throughout); Blink of an Eye; Shattered

HONORABLE MENTION

Warlord (only for Kes’ performance); Macrocosm (b/c every Star Trek series needs an ep. where the Cpt. saves the crew) see also The Haunting of Deck Twelve – but not as good, IMHO; Threshold & Bride of Chaotica (for the "camp" factor alone); Resistance – Gotta love a Cpt. who uses her “feminine wiles”; The Thaw – really disliked this one at first but it grew on me; Resolutions (Ah, the love affair that wasn’t. Set the stage for the producers to give C. a lesser role than he should have had throughout the rest of the series); Q2 – gotta love the bathtub scene; Workforce (Just for J. {it had been soooo long})

WORST

Heros and Demons; Elogium; Initiations; Tattoo; Lifesigns; Sacred Ground; Fair Trade; Real Life; Gravity; 11:59; The Fight; Nightingale; Prophecy; Tuvix (I know many people really liked this one but he just annoyed the heck out of me)

ylflower.gif

Best:

relativity, any episode with cpt proton, endgame, drone, more that escape my brain

worst:

macronism, good shepard, one, more to come....

BLEH most were good rare was a bad epi

Guest Guest

Gotta admit I didn't care for Drone. I know I'm in the minority. I did like the Cpt. Proton ones tho.

biggrinpimp.gif

Captain proton episodes were the funniest....

Borg episodes were great

Tinker, tenor, doctor, spy....

relativity

Distant Origin

future's end

One Small Step

Blink of an Eye

Shattered

Fairhaven

Spirit folk

Worst:

Heros and Demons

Elogium

Initiations

Tattoo

Lifesigns

Sacred Ground

Fair Trade

Real Life

Gravity

11:59

The Fight

Nightingale

Prophecy

Tuvix

ashes to ashes

I can't think of what is the best episode of the top of my head but I would have to say that Threshold was definitly the worst. It made no sense from a scientific standpoint and the plot didn't make alot of sense.

In my opinion the all time worst episode was in season 2.....the episode called "Threshold" where Tom Paris mutates into some sort of reptile, eventually kidnaps Janeway; they mate and produce other little reptiles....I found this episode quite ridiculous...............There were many Voyager episodes that I truly enjoyed over the course of the seven year series...too numerous to list them all but I will name a few......Caretaker, The Gift, Scorpion., Muse, Faces, Remember, and Workforce.

BEST

Drive

Blink of an Eye

Shattered

Workforce

Basics

Flesh and Blood

renissance Man

Flashback

Equinox

Dark Frontier

WORST

Tuvix

Threshold

The Fight

and i don't hate the Chakotay eps that went into his Native American background, but it got a little annoying to me at times

I know less about Voyager then any of the other 4 series. I've only seen about half to 3 quarters of Voyager now but so far I would say that any episode with the Kazon ranks as bad for me.

Any episode featuring the Doctor as a prime player ranks high for me.

The best has to be Endgame part 1 and 2.

The worst was probelly Caretaker part 1 and 2. (I Just didnt like how it started dunno y)

:tank: :tomcat: :tank:

:dude:

The worst Voyager episode has to be Thresold! How ridiculus! I also wasn't crazy about some of the Kazon episodes but they were OK I guess..Among my favorite Voyager episodes are :

Faces (Of Course!)

Tuvix

Scorpion

Workforce

Caretaker

Equinox

I'm sure there are many more that I like and will re-discover them as I purchase the DVD season sets..But those are the ones I can think of now off of the top of my head..

In my opinion the all time worst episode was in season 2.....the episode called "Threshold" where Tom Paris mutates into some sort of reptile, eventually kidnaps Janeway;  they mate and produce other little reptiles....I found this episode quite ridiculous...............There were many Voyager episodes that I truly enjoyed over the course of the seven year series...too numerous to list them all but  I will name a few......Caretaker, The Gift, Scorpion., Muse, Faces, Remember, and Workforce.

and i don't hate the Chakotay eps that went into his Native American background, but it got a little annoying to me at times

Interesting thing about Threshold. Other than Seven of Nine, I've seen a ton of fanfiction written about this episode. People seem to add onto it or change the players around. Personally, I didn't find it good or bad.

Regarding the Chakotay spiritual eps. -- I agree -- they did get tiresome; however, I really feel TPTB did his character a disservice. He seemed to fade into the background in order to ensure the Captain was in command. I've read they did this b/c they were worried the audience wouldn't believe a female Captain would be taken seriously by the core ST audience. Be that as it may, this really hurt the Chakotay character, IMHO. And, when Seven came on board, well forget it! It became the Janeway/Seven show. Kate Mulgrew admitted it in several interviews. She felt not only Chakotay -- but the rest of the crew were reduced to supporting roles. Thankfully, Chakotay got back a bit of his own in Equinox, but eps. such as those were few and far between.

Sorry for the rant...

clefable.gif

Regarding the Chakotay spiritual eps. -- I agree -- they did get tiresome; however, I really feel TPTB did his character a disservice.  He seemed to fade into the background in order to ensure the Captain was in command.  I've read they did this b/c they were worried the audience wouldn't believe a female Captain would be taken seriously by the core ST audience.  Be that as it may, this really hurt the Chakotay character, IMHO.  And, when Seven came on board, well forget it!  It became the Janeway/Seven show.  Kate Mulgrew admitted it in several interviews.  She felt not only Chakotay -- but the rest of the crew were reduced to supporting roles.  Thankfully, Chakotay got back a bit of his own in Equinox, but eps. such as those were few and far between.

I noticed that too. I've read he wasn't happy with the direction he character ended up going, and I can't blame him. That was the one major flaw with the series. Too much dependancy on one character. Also, my roommate never watched Voyager and basically refuses to watch still ONLY because of the female captain aspect. Some ppl just need to learn to have an open mind and realize what year it is!

BEST

Timeless, Eye of the Needle, Scorpian 1 and 2, Basics 1, Meld, Critical Care, Death Wish, Blink of an Eye, Message in a Bottle, Future's End 1 and 2, Projections

WORST

Demon, Course: Oblivion, Twisted, That one where Paris goes past warp 10, The two irish ones, the one with flotter in it.

But Voyager has more good eps than bad

LOL, Zagreus -- the one where Paris goes past Warp 10 is Threshold so you pretty much joined the majority. I forgot the Flotter eps. You're right; they were pretty awful. But I agree there definitely were more good than bad.

Tsk, Chronic, please tell your roommate this is the 21st Century, not the 11th. BTW, very cool avatar.

jeepsmiliegrin.gif

Best: One of the introduction of Species 8472, Tattoo, Basics

Worst: Tuvix, Endgame (could of thought it could of been played out better)

Best Episodes

Latent Image

Timeless

Real Life

Virtuoso

Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy

Flesh and Blood

Renaissance Man

Life Line

Critical Care

Meld

Basics

Projections

Blink of an Eye

Future's End

Message In A Bottle

Living Witness

(... and some other Doctor episodes... )

Worst Episodes

11:59

Tuvix

Threshold

Once Upon A Time

I know less about Voyager then any of the other 4 series. I've only seen about half to 3 quarters of Voyager now but so far I would say that any episode with the Kazon ranks as bad for me.

Any episode featuring the Doctor as a prime player ranks high for me.

I've seen all of them multiple times now and the one that sticks out in my mind as my 'least enjoyable' episode (aside from the Kazon episodes) is Warlord. I just didn't care for it. I wouldn't call it the 'worst' but like I said it's one of my 'least enjoyable' episodes.

Voyager is the only series that had episodes i didn't really like. I can't remember the name of the episode, but I have said this before. The worst episode to me was when a planet they visited traded secret government techology in exchange for stories. It's just silly