Sign in to follow this  
RikerChick

Explain Your Screen Name

What made you choose your screen name and is there any special meaning behind it?

Nothing special about mine. My favorite character from TOS is Uhura and my favorite from TNG is Riker. :D

Mine's kind of obvious. Basically TNG is my favorite series, and 220, is, one, my dad's birthday,( february 20th) and two, my Birthday is the second of september, so 2 is my favorite number. I always put it somewhere in my screen names/passwords, usually either 220, 2222, 9289, 2063, or 22090

let me break it down ok my name is bevfanK becasue I am a Beverly Crusher fan and my first name is Kelsey.. simple huh..

all hail Bev!! :D

let me break it down ok my name is bevfanK  becasue I am a Beverly Crusher fan and my first name is Kelsey..  simple huh..

all hail Bev!!  :D

Well I did always wonder what the K was for. :D

Lessa is the name of the first character i ever created. Soong is obvious.

Oh, and Lessa actually comes from "the dragon riders of PERN" stories. I love those and i loved the name so...i guess you could consider it stolen,,,just don't tell Ann McCaffery..OK? :devil: :D:D

Mine is Indy because I was born in Indiana AND I love the Indiana Jones movies and Harrison Ford. :D

Mine is Indy because I was born in Indiana AND I love the Indiana Jones movies and Harrison Ford.  :D

Can't say I blame you. Harrison Ford is almost as yummy as Jonathan Frakes! angry-smiley-032.gif

well...first off, my name is pronounced 'BEASTIE'

now, 3 years ago i was a huge beastie boys fan (a hip-hop group) and i was on a school camping trip and on the way home with two of my friends, we were thinkin up nick names for each other cause it was a really long trip. my friend picked 'ram' because he loved the band rammstein. then, i figured a music name would be cool so i picked beastie and thought the spelling bysty was cool too.

now, its been a long time and i no longer am a huge fan of beastie boys or rammstein. i like punk now, but since ive had this as my screen names since grade 7 (for emails) i just figured why not keep it? ya. boring story. sorry. lol. :D

I was soong_girl at st.com because all of the screen names I tried to register were taken. I was soong_girl for a while here but then I decided I wanted a real first name. It is easier to converse with my sisters with a first name. Takara is Japanese for beloved jewel. As with Lessa, the Soong part is obvious!! :D

Well, mine is one of those obvious ones though can confuse people at times... I live in Chesapeake, Va but Virginia Beach is about 15 minutes away. I thought about ChesapeakeGuy but it didn't "sing" to me. VaBeachGuy just sounded so much better. In other screen names I have included my age on AOL I'm VaBeachGuy032 (I'm 34 now though). On the Eagles webpage I am VaBeach_Eagle and on ST.COM I'm VaBeachGuy34 (I changed it from VaBeachGuy33).

In chats or other forums most people shorten my name down to either VA or VBG.

About a year and a half ago a friend of mine called me up on the phone from the other side of the country to say "Dude we just thought of the best nick name for you, Tank!" I was going to be the driver for his band that summer and since your typical roadie/driver is some 6 foot, 250lb. tattood guy who chews tabaco and sweats alot, I think he thought it would be funny if little quiet, skinny, 5'5" me had a name that at least fit the job. After two days on the tour the name stuck like glue and I've been with it ever since. When I finally got around to creating my own website I called it www.tanksworld.com so the name is most likely here to stay.

My 2 year old grand-daughter calls me MeeMaw. I have another screen name AlisMeMaw, because her name is Alissa, we call her Ali, and my Yahoo addy is hflvr1. (HarrisonFordLover1)

So I'm with Indy. Harrison Ford RULES!!!! :D

Oh, and I have used GrammaKaty, and MeMawKaty too.

Katy

For what's worth my screen name on ST.com was monk81, never heard it eh? Well that's 'cuse I only posted 4 times.

another screen name I use is cjma77, my initails and favourite year, but pogumahone has taken over as my primary, much cooler...lol

My screen name nearly everywhere else is either Tink or Dreamspirals. I just wanted something Trek for this board.

well, i am in the fire co here at home, and i was a captain till i stepped down after crushing my hand at work. so thats where the cpt comes from. wrights my last name. mr wright. lol. my aim is ltwright71, i was a leiutenant before captain, and 1971 was when i was born. hey VBG, CHESAPEAKES BEAUTIFUL, but yeah your right VBG sounds better. im in ny now but hopefully within the year i'll be in norfolk. got family there, go there all the time, i love it there. :D:D

My screen name, xenexian, come from the New Frontier series of books by Peter David. Captain MacKenzie Calhoun is an xenexian by birth and was brought into starfleet by Captain Picard. I identify with him because we seem to share similiar traits, rebelious, stubborn, independant, willing to take chances and not willing to being pushed around or threatened, among other things. A worthy inheritor to the mantle of Kirk. Plus it's a great name for a planet.

:D Very interesting! I took Prometheus from my favourite ship in Star Trek. Im very much into design and the visual aspects of Star Trek and for me that was a great episode because I got to see a new ship. The bridge was beautiful. Also, prometheus is a very grrr manly name dont you think? :D Just like me.... hee hee hee. :D

I made up a super hero called Cypher (see pic on the left) during highschool. He was suppose to be a kind of loser super hero who didn't get all the glory like your run of the mill "superman" got. Basically when I was making my email address I tried cypher, but it was taken. So I went with Cyphrx, which is suppose to be pronounced Cypher X. No it's not a leach off of xmen (he's not a mutant), it's simply I wanted to pick a name that didn't involve a long number ie:Cypher236515. So Cyphrx stuck and I just been using it for a while.

I tried to think of something that was relevant to me - and although I am an avid Star Trek fan, a unicorn theme seemed more representative. I've had a unicorn collection for years and I like that mythical appeal that unicorns have. As for the Hunter part; l love Steve Irwin, the Crocodile Hunter; I respect his love for nature and his work to preserve it. So I combined the two ideas and became the Unicorn Hunter.

The other day my sister told me her grand-daughter asked for a horse; she told her they were too expensive - she'd have to think of something else. The child thought for a moment and asked if she couldn't have a horse could she have a unicorn. I loved that story.

well, i am in the fire co here at home, and i was a captain till i stepped down after crushing my hand at work. so thats where the cpt comes from. wrights my last name. mr wright. lol. my aim is ltwright71, i was a leiutenant before captain, and 1971 was when i was born. hey VBG, CHESAPEAKES BEAUTIFUL, but yeah your right VBG sounds better. im in ny now but hopefully within the year i'll be in norfolk. got family there, go there all the time, i love it there.  :D  :D

I work in downtown Norfolk, right at the waterfront. I can almost see the Battleship from my office too.

I work in downtown Norfolk, right at the waterfront. I can almost see the Battleship from my office too.

Well, isn't this weird. You work about 2 miles from me. I work in Norfolk too up near the Ghent area. More power to you fellow trekker.

Guest Ktrek

Long before there was public Internet there was Telenet and bulletin board services. Most people on the BBSs were trekkers. So that's when I took up the mantle of Ktrek. Long time fans recognize the name from various sites and boards I've been on over the last 20 plus years. My real first name is Kevin and I have always been a Star Trek fan, so I thought K for Kevin and trek sounded kind of Vulcan or something. So Ktrek I became and my wife's name is Laurie and she became Latrek after we married. She is also a fan of ST but not as much as I am so she rarely ever uses message boards. I've tried but she just would rather read a magazine. So that's my story as uninteresting as it may be. :D

Ktrek

:D Very interesting! I took Prometheus from my favourite ship in Star Trek. Im very much into design and the visual aspects of Star Trek and for me that was a great episode because I got to see a new ship. The bridge was beautiful. Also, prometheus is a very grrr manly name dont you think? :D  Just like me.... hee hee hee. :)

It is a manly name but, forgive me, I always associate people with their avatars. :D:D

... I always associate people with their avatars.   :D  :D

How I wish...

Prometheus,

I don't remember the Prometheus from Star Trek but isn't Prometheus the name they used for the ship in Stargate-SG1 or at least the code name for the project?

This is an interesting thread...