Sign in to follow this  
ussacclaim

Replicators

Apperently there are 3-D printers that can print objects. Sometime in the future we may see replicators. Perhaps not in our lifetime but you never know.

The ecomomy will probably go out the window, but who needs it? How can you be greedy or steal when you can just make what you want?

Stardate:214230.6

Yeh our computer teacher has one.You have to use a porgram like CAD(computer aided drafting) to draw the object then render it in 3-D.Then you print it and it use starch and other materials to make stuff.It just does very basic stuff though.We printed ball bearings and footballs and they work

Awesome! I can tell you that if they are not too expensive, I will be the first to buy a replicator when they come out. Even a 3-D printer- I have only heard about them in books! How much are they? <_< :unsure: :D

Awesome! I can tell you that if they are not too expensive, I will be the first to buy a replicator when they come out. Even a 3-D printer- I have only heard about them in books! How much are they? :clap: :wub:  :wub:

Apparently Hewlett Packard is planning one that could be around $1000 but we'll have to wait to see it for sure.

Replication is a lot differant then that, Replicators transform the atoms and molecules existant in that area to make new ones. They have done similar things, such as turning lead into gold. Though that was highly cost ineffective.

actually it uses energy and structures it into atoms as energy is mass....

e=mc^2

It arranges the particles into the object...

Apperently there are 3-D printers that can print objects.  Sometime in the future we may see replicators.  Perhaps not in our lifetime but you never know.

The ecomomy will probably go out the window, but who needs it?  How can you be greedy or steal when you can just make what you want?

I don't think it's possible. It's an nice idea but physically impossible.

by the way, particle arrangement would take a computer with 2000000000000000000000 hertz to replicate a single crumb of food

replicators won't happen any time soon. we don't have the technology to manipulate matter on the molecular level. at least not enough to create solid objects. we might be able to do a few small things and splice a few atoms here and there, but that's a far cry from making a 7-course meal from thin air

Edited by chronic

actually it uses energy and structures it into atoms as energy is mass....

e=mc^2

It arranges the particles into the object...

Acording to the TNG Tech Manual the Replecators use a store of matter (Starship waste) and then uses transporter tech to reorder the matter into the required form.