Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Bring Back Kirk....?

Bring Back Kirk....?

kirk.jpg

"Some journeys were never meant to end. There are always possibilities."

The people at http://www.bringbackkirk.com/ have created a trailer in the effort to bring back Kirk. The current trailer is approximately 9 minutes. It can be viewed here.

"We knew this time around that we wanted to make a story that would not only get Kirk back, but like any good Trek story, would have our heroes facing and defeating adversity," England's Jason Turner -- one of the trailer's creators -- told SyFy Portal's Michael Hinman

"The ending of ('Star Trek: Deep Space Nine') and 'Voyager' made me a little sad," Jaspers said. "Looking at the trailer the way we made it, you will see elements of these shows again. So I would like the fans of the other shows to support us. This, bringing back Kirk, could be an opportunity to revive the shows and the franchise, and to boost 'Enterprise.' There is no reason for 'Enterprise' fans not to support it, the way it is going, this could be a step in the right direction save that show and boost Star Trek's viewer base."

What are your thoughts?

Do you think Kirk should be brought back?

---For More: http://syfyportal.com/article.php?id=1318

Other Sources:

-TrekWeb

-TrekToday

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I downloaded the Bring Back Kirk trailer today after seeing the review on review on TrekToday. I have to agree with these guys- Kirk could reunite Trekkers of all ages, with one appearance. The clever tie in with "Enterprise" really shows the possibilities.

Nay sayers will claim that this is a hollow ratings grabber- and they would be right- Star Trek is a TV show. TV shows rely on ratings, if ratings don't improve there won't be any Star Trek.

Fans are starting to say that we don't need a Prime Time show to keep us together- after all, TOS did great in syndication. But that was in the 70's- television has changed- can the franchise survive without new converts?

Maybe, but do we want to take a chance?

JF

We must reunite the casts of all the series (TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, and ENT) in a great convention!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure reuniting all the series is believable. Sisko seemed way out of place. DS9 doesn't belong with the crews of any of the Enterprises. As for the Captain's of 3 different Enterprises from 3 different era's all meeting.... that also seems unbelievable. It's unbelievable enough that Picard has met McCoy, Spock, Scotty and Kirk. The odds of all that alone are immense.

But they should bring back Kirk. He is a legend, and like they say, legends should not die.

If it was done right it could be the best Star Trek movie out there.

I watched the Bring Back Kirk Trailer. It was entertaining, but there were mistake and it was way to silly. They brought Kirk out of the Nexus. Guinan said that couldn't be done because once you leave the first time, all that remains is an impression. But there are other ways to bring him back. I wasn't impressed by them trying to put a freaking holographic rip off of Mc Coy in there either. That fabulous actor has passed on. Don't disgrace his memory with a cheesy thing like that. But if all this cheesy junk wasn't part of it, I would be, like I said, for bringing back Kirk in some way. Either way however, I don't really care.

I noticed that the people who came up with this idea think it is necessary for the salvation of Star Trek. Are they stupid? Why do they think that they have any better understanding of what needs to be done than the very man the Gene entrusted his creation to. Bringing back Kirk, if anything, would be nothing but a temporary bandage for the people who can't enjoy Star Trek for what it is anymore. They would again lose interest after the proposed movie finishes.

Edited by Captain Bolivar

Stardate:214230.7

I would like to see Kirk brought back as well.The trailer was as Bolivar said,entertaining but not very believeable.

Obviously someone put a great deal of time into that little production and it's interesting for what it is - a dream. But really, it's such a cheesy idea that it's beyond description. It's completely naff.

People complain so much about episodes that hit the reset button at the end and I think most people want B & B to come up with something more creative than a reset to resolve the Xindi plot. The story these people have come up with is a reset for all of Trek. If they bring back all of those characters, no story will ever have a clear conclusion in the future because we'll know they'll just pull them out of the grave (or wherever) anytime they need a quick fix.

This is a terrible idea. Ent. is good as it is and I think it's got some of the best Trek we've seen in it - let it find its own way. I'm all against this lame idea for bringing back Kirk.

:huh:

Okay, I can agree with the fact that resets are dumb and that Enterprise should find it's own way. But Krik is a legend, and if done properly, I would like to see him back.

Sure, I'd love to see the old boy in action again, but I just don't see how it can work in Enterprise. I also loved how they used 20 year old pics of Shats and STVI footage - I shudder to think what he'd look like now trying to run through the ship, though it'd be good for some chuckles.

Edited by Red Shirt Volunteer

OH yes just to see the old master one more time would be cool he is still the man IMO the best captain of all...KIRK ROCKS :huh:

No.

Don't bring back Kirk.

He died in Generations and that should be the end of it.

He was a legendary character but enough is enough.

None of the Original Cast should be seen in a Trek show again.

Trek has to move on and break new ground, not hold onto old characters for the sake of ratings gimmicks which ENT has had quite enough of with the constant T&A, 'oil rubbing sessions' and now 'sensual massages'.

Please, no more Kirk.

Just let the character remain dead with some dignity.

:huh:

In a way I do agree with William Stryker (see my above posts if you wish) Captain Kirk died. That is simply what happened. He died saving the crew of the Enterprise. Maybe not his crew, but that was the meaning of the whole thing, that in some strange way, the crew of the Enterprise, any Enterprise after Kirks would be his crew. He displayed that even on the Enterprise-B. He may have left the bridge, but he did what he needed to do to ensure the safety of that ship. Kirk died doing what he needed to do. He saved the Enterprise D, an Enterprise that follows in his footsteps. Isn't that good enough for a legend?

I would have loved to have seen Kirk Brought back maybe 5 years ago but maybe now it's time to let him go. If he could be brought back in a not too corny way I would love to see it. I seriously doubt this would happen though.

I vote for bringing him back, and while we're at it lets bring Data back, too I don't care if it's campy... hokey or whatever. If it played in the theater, I would go see it. If it played on television, I would tune in.

B)I agree it would be great to see the Captions of all the star treks in one show that would be so cool :hug:

I think it would have to be some kind of all good things scenario to make it work, but there are some really good possibilities here. Sisco, Kirk, Janeway, Picard all having to work together. They all had their egos how they would work together is very interesting, who exactly would be in charge?

If they decide to bring back shatner, I think it's cheesy for him to play an ancestor. They might as well bring him back as the original character if Shatner returns. My vote is to bring back kirk. And for all it's flaws I thought the trailer was damn entertaining and fun. I agree, Kirk ROCKS!

It would be truly lame with that many characters in an episode. Even stretching it out over five episodes wouldn't give them much time on the screen with meaningful roles. It's a silly fantasy in my opinion.

Think about this: 5 crews with 7 members each over a 43 minute episode. That gives everyone just over a minute on screen assuming no time is spent only on the baddies or shots from space, which is quite unlikely. Assuming major characters would get more time, we can look forward to about 2 or 3 minutes from each captain. I really think the story would be absolutely shocking.

Some of you might say they could stretch it out over a number of episodes to make it work, but it still boils down to 43 minute eps. And if they're not in the same ep together, what's the point. It's such a contrived notion it's sad. People who dislike Ent often say part of the problem is the lip service they pay to old series without staying true to Trek. While I don't agree with them and think Ent is fine the way it is, they'd probably just go off even more if this idea became a reality.

Besides, does anyone really think they have the budget for the actors or that the actors don't have anything better to do than these bit roles?

Edited by Red Shirt Volunteer

WOW!!!!

This was GREAT!!! I want Captain Kirk to come back. This was ORIGINAL and the Gave no live to TREK

One thing seems to be needed to be clarified for some:

In no way are we asking for the spotlight be taken away from the other Trek shows. We do not want to see the franchise re-center on Kirk. We just want Kirk back one more time, that's all. There are many ways that Kirk can be brought back, and brought back well. Star Trek's "suspension of disbelief" will not be harmed in bringing back Kirk. It's been done many times before, with characters from all of the various Star Trek series.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Saddly the bring back kirk campaign have been band from William Shatners own site www.williamshatner.com ........maybe Mr Shatner doesnt want to play Kirk any more,any way he has far to much other stuff to do,his books,film and TV roles........ :o

The clip was fun to watch, cheesy and unbelievable, and very well made for amateurs. I was very impressed with that. The worst thing is, very little of what they proposed was origional. Kirk getting resurrected and meeting back with Spock was from Shatner's book "The Return" which was the 2nd in the "Odyssey" Trilogy. They just told the story as him in the Nexus, whereas in the book the romulans take his body, with Spock standing over the grave. Still fun to watch, but usually i tend to look for the little things :wow:

I'd like to see Mr Shatner come back as Captain Kirk.

but Mr Shatner is now doing The Practice spin off The Firm and its made by a different channel than UPN.......... :(

The clip was fun to watch, cheesy and unbelievable, and very well made for amateurs. I was very impressed with that. The worst thing is, very little of what they proposed was origional. Kirk getting resurrected and meeting back with Spock was from Shatner's book "The Return" which was the 2nd in the "Odyssey" Trilogy. They just told the story as him in the Nexus, whereas in the book the romulans take his body, with Spock standing over the grave. Still fun to watch, but usually i tend to look for the little things :blink:

Shatner has said that he would play Kirk again- he even wrote a scenario where Kirk returns. I think the idea now is to have him play Kirks grandfather next season. I don't care if it is cheesy, this maybe the last time we see him in an episode of Star Trek.