Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

DS9 movie?

Should there be a DS9 movie?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a DS9 movie?

• The Profits be praised YES!
    • For the love of Dukat NO!
    • I don't care, just keep making Star Trek movies!

Yes, but I do not have any suggestions to make about the content at themoment.

As much as I love DS9, I voted no.

The team that wrote and produced the series may not come back for the movie and I think the cast has moved on now to other things.

We had a superb opening episode, seven seasons of brilliance and an excellent finale. I don't think anything else needs to be addressed.

I was satisfied with how everything turned out in the end, and I don't want sub-standard writers or producers touching DS9.

DS9 should be left alone.

331481[/snapback]

I concur, your Majesty. DS9 is the "uber-Trek" for me and it would be a travesty for Rick Berman to get his hands on a DS9 movie and completely destroy its credibility and its perfection with a substandard movie. (Can anyone say "Insurrection?" "Nemesis?" ... if that is the best they can do with TNG, I'd rather they didn't try to do the same "quality" production with my favorite series!)

Besides, the actors are just getting too old ... Interviews with Avery Brooks show him to have aged noticeably. Of course, I suppose that could be explained through a "touched by living with the Prophets in the Celestial Temple" for the past ten years, but it would take the loving hand and guidance of Ira Steven Behr to pull it off, a return of Avery Brooks to the Star Trek world, and a screenplay written by the creative staff of the DS9 series.

Everyone talks about the low "ratings" of DS9 ... well maybe not everyone, but it is certainly mentioned frequently enough out here. TNG existed in a sci-fi vacuum on television. By the time DS9 and Voyager showed up, there were dozens of offerings for the sci-fi geek. I would postulate that if TNG had shown up in the early to mid-90s, its ratings wouldn't have been "all that" either. It's not about the quality of the show, really, but all about timing. Only in a vacuum would the first season of TNG have resulted in a second season.

I voted "NO" DS9 movie, because I quite simply do not trust Paramount to make the right decisions in regard to the story, production, release date, or promotion of such a movie. Quite frankly, DS9 was just too good a series and those morons wouldn't know how to handle it.

I voted yes, 'caus ei really wanna know what happens to like, DS9 (duh), and maybe Sisco could come back. I dunno, i just feel like they set it up for a movie.

It ended perfectly.

Nothing else needed to "happen" after the final episode.

DS9 had two underlying directions throughout it's entire run.

1- The deliverance of the Bajoran people.

2- Sisko fulfilling his destiny as the Emissary.

Both were accomplished by the end of the series.

I know they'll never be a DS9 movie but I was hoping to see more of Bajor working towards and becoming a member of the Federation. That DS9 storyline was dropped and was never really explored again. After the Dominion War was over it seems to me that Bajor would have applied for and joined the Federation. I would have liked to see that story..

The idea of Bajor joining the Federation wasn't really dropped, but rather they left it open as DS9 often did with its storylines. They left it open for possibly one of two reasons:

1- To let the viewer's imagination decide about what could have happened.

2- To allow future writers to either portray Bajor as a Federation member or as an independent nation like the Klingon Empire, the Romulan Empire etc...

I would favour the second option. I think it's more interesting to develop the Bajoran nation as a seperate entity to the Federation. As a Federation member, they would be pretty dull. In a future Star Trek show, the Andorians should be independent too, because they are too interesting to be simply treated as just "another" Federation member. The same applies to Bajor.

Also, Sisko told them not to join the Federation, because doing so would have left them fair game for Dominion attack. After the war, I would think the Bajorans would want a considerable period of time, possible indefinately, to stand alone with only cooperation with the Federation rather than membership.

I would love that.

It is just too bad such a film will never happen.The final episode of DS9 made sure of that.Sisko has gone on to commune with the prophets for an idefinite period of time.Nerys is now commander of DS9.Worf is gone,Rom is the Nagus....

I thought that the Dominion War should not have been resolved in DS9.That would have made a great film.

Edited by Ben Nakoda

I'm not too hot for a DS-9 film...but why not a "Sisko" film? I'd like to see Sisko leave DS-9 and get himself a ship (Sovereign class, perhaps...?) and then go out into the Gamma Quadrant and do some exploring.

He could take Worf as his "Number One"(XO), he could have Kira as head of security, Nog on the helm, "The Doctor" as The Doctor, and Seven of Nine could be his science officer. Admiral Janeway could be his boss, and Ensign Kim could be the Transporter Chief...and still an Ensign after all these years. :msn-wink:

What-do-ya-think...???

I was thinking of the music in the DS9 movie, would it be a whole new theme? A revamped DS9 theme? The TMP/TNG theme? The TNG movies had it's theme, which was the theme from all the TOS movies. And each movie had its own score, but you know.

I vote yes .... but only if I write it! :D

And Levar Burton should direct. (Well, maybe, what do I know?)

The king B should produce ... that would be Behr, not Berman.

Seriously, I want a DS9 movie but only if the true creative force behind DS9 is involved and IN CHARGE.

I vote yes .... but only if I write it! :D

And Levar Burton should direct.  (Well, maybe, what do I know?)

The king B should produce ... that would be Behr, not Berman.

Seriously, I want a DS9 movie but only if the true creative force behind DS9 is involved and IN CHARGE.

347701[/snapback]

I agree that Ira Steven Behr would 100% have to be involved in order to do it right. To me, he's a Star Trek genius.