Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

DS9 movie?

Should there be a DS9 movie?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a DS9 movie?

• The Profits be praised YES!
    • For the love of Dukat NO!
    • I don't care, just keep making Star Trek movies!

To be Honet i think a DS9 movie would be weird.. cuz EVERYONE has split up.. but another Next Gen movie with Data comeing Back would be Great *hint*hint*

-Laur :D

It wouldnt be that bad but I would never accept it. I WANT ANOTHER TNG MOVIE! IM SAD!  :D

I believe there will be another one.

I hope so.. i really luv seeing all the cast and i luv tng more then n e other series so i hope they all return to do another movie.. evn if the next one is the final one but at least we can have conclusion to the last movie.. it left SOOOOO much unanswered!!!

-Lauren :) :)

Unfortunately, I don't think DS9 or VOY was popular enough to have a movie specifically for them. To make a popular movie they will need to use TNG. Because Nemesis did poorly, a movie with TNG and DS9 would be great.

I want to see a TNG/DS9 movie! I watched Emisery again the other day and I think that Sisko and Picard on the screne at the same time works really well. They are both powerful characters and also they have history.

Don't get mad but I never liked DS9 I don't think it would do that good because the era it came on really wasn't ready for it. And now its old and washed up by the sister SEries :)

Don't get mad but I never liked DS9 I don't think it would do that good because the era it came on really wasn't ready for it. And now its old and washed up by the sister SEries :)

We won't get mad, just even :devil: (just kidding), but don't get mad at me either for not liking Voyager that much :)

I agree with tank- a half and half of DS9 and TNG- I love TNG and wish they could make another movie by itself, but Its highly unlikely that they will do that, so as long as theres another movie, i don't care ( well yeah, i do) what they do

I think a movie with DS9 as the centerpiece again would be the next logical step. There are still a few unresolved issues to deal with plus they already have the antagonists in place. Gul Dukat ,as part of the pa wraiths and Sisko existing with the wormholes aliens. Smells like a showdown at high noon to me. Is this likely? Only the phophets can answer that.

I don't think they will make a full cast DS9 movie. The ratings of the series might indicate that TPTB at Paramount might find it too much of a risk. I believe TNG's ratings totalled around the combined ratings of DS9 and Voyager.

Heck, yeah, I think DS9 is GREAT!!! It would work very well to have DS9 as a "staging area" for a mixed cast movie. All the players could meet there, have mission briefings, etc. and leave on whatever exciting mission the writers come up with.

I think it would be ok, but if they do one in the future I think they should include other casts so we would get a mixed cast.

I could see a movie based on DS9.

But the only thing that I would want is that it would have more of a ‘TOS movie’ quality and not just be like ST10 which was non-stop action because I don’t want that "I want more brains then gore"

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Agreed.  We had an action movie in the form of NEMESIS, so they need to give us something different for #11.  :o

I agree

Of course it has to have action and some kind of conflict, but I don’t think a good movie needs to be a “James Bond style” to have action (not that I don't like James Bond . . . I do like it)

That’s one reason I did not care for ST10 . . . because they went overboard on the action and should of expanded on the story (or at least that’s what I think)

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

i would love to see a DS9 movie, but don't see it happening.

perhaps they will bring some of the characters from ds9 into future movies.

A DS9 movie would really be great. I concur with the mixed cast idea as well.

I'd like to see some more Orb action or the return of Sisko.

While the dedicated fans of Star Trek are all up for a DS9 movie (including myself!), Paramount would

more than likely not risk its production, because it would not go over well with the "general"

movie-going audience. This is an unfortunate reality.

I'll keep my hope up though :wow:

I am all for a DS9 movie. Even though I missed alot of the last couple seasons (an issue I a working to correct). I think it would be great.

I just had a random thought as I was reading through this again. Since some of you don't think that DS9 was popular enough for a big-screen movie, what about a DS9 mini-series? It could have guest stars from some of the other series. What do ya think?

that’s one reason I did not care for ST10 . . . because they went overboard on the action and should of expanded on the story (or at least that’s what I think)

i could not agree more. It made it feel like a shoot um up Rambo like movie to me and when it was said to be a "TNG family" the action overwhelmed it for me and disappointed me.

I think a Picard/ Sisko movie with them taking on...something...would be cool. I have been greating into DS9 with the release of season one and two, so i'm behind it right now. But if TNG ain't involved, i think it will bomb.

that’s one reason I did not care for ST10 . . . because they went overboard on the action and should of expanded on the story (or at least that’s what I think)

i could not agree more. It made it feel like a shoot um up Rambo like movie to me and when it was said to be a "TNG family" the action overwhelmed it for me and disappointed me.

I think a Picard/ Sisko movie with them taking on...something...would be cool. I have been greating into DS9 with the release of season one and two, so i'm behind it right now. But if TNG ain't involved, i think it will bomb.

I know it has been said before, but while I was watching Nemesis it just felt more like a Star Wars kind of movie. I thought it during the movie and was then shocked when I saw others saying the same thing.

Don't get me wrong, I liked the movie. I just really want a DS9 movie. I wouldn't mind a somewhat Mixed cast just as long as the entire DS9 cast is there and the story is a DS9 story.

I voted that I don't care.

There are sooo many possibilities in terms of movies. We already got a snippet of Captain-Captain (er, they were captains on TV.............) between Kirk and Picard in Generations (as far as I remember, I haven't really seen it in a long time... I really need to see it again) and between Picard and Janeway in Nemesis (that was just weird), but it wasn't really much. A mixed cast movie is the best desicion right now. I think the fine line that only one cast can be in a movie needs to be blurred. Another thing would be to have a new cast introduced in a movie, then appear in a new series the following Fall. It would tell you after the movie and then you would be all exited for a couple of months. I have wayy to much energy.........

Also in that previous paragraph, I think I broke my record for the most bracketed comments to interrupt a sentence.