Sign in to follow this  
SpocksBrain

Glowing Text

Glowing Text Usage  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Glowing Text Usage

• Get rid of it please.
    • People just need to start using moderation.
    • I don't care, it doesn't bother me.
    • Keep it.
    • Other. (explain)

Anyone else here bothered by it? Some people (no names right now) use glowing effects on single one of their posts, and when trying to read several sentenses of it it gives me headaches with serious eye strain, I don't even bother trying to read those posters anymore. The occasional word

or sentence is okay sometimes.

Edited by SpocksBrain

I don't mind it, but then again, it doesn't hurt my eyes. If that's the case for you, I can understand why you don't care for it.

Anyone else here bothered by it? Some people (no names right now) use glowing effects on single one of their posts, and when trying to read several sentenses of it it gives me headaches with serious eye strain, I don't even bother trying to read those posters anymore. The occasional word

or sentence is okay sometimes.

Yea, I agree with you totally. when there is a lot of text it is very difficult to read. Maybe if you DOUBLE SPACE, it won't be so hard to read. :P

Okay, this issue was mentioned to me recently. As a result I switched from blue glow to navy glow. Because it is darker it blends with the black background better and is easier on the eyes. The navy glow I use is how I make my posts unique. Does this glow bother you as well or do you find this one tolerable?

It's just the super bright ones that grate on me. The navy looks really good, but when it's yellow or red or something... well, have a look at this.

How irritating is that? ^^

There's no need to get rid of it, but there is a need to have a reason to use it, isn't there?

Edited by Red Shirt Volunteer

Sweet, it seems I wont be losing my beloved glow... oh is my text white.... I should so something about that.....

gggggllllllllllllllooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwglow, glow ,glow, glow, glow, glow GLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Captain Bolivar

Keep it. It doesn't bother me in the least. And it's the only way my sig shows up right.

Stardate:214224.9

I have been using it since I joined this board so I am going to continue to do so.

However I relize that this current color may be a bit ahrd on the eyes for some people so if anybody wants me to change the color I have no problem doing so just send me a PM.

Glowing green text is just a bit too much! And so is this computer monitor as school. It's awful. Everything is super bright. My monitor at home won't even show so much contrast. I can see way to much detail with these school monitors. I can see every little pixel in the starfield of the background. Some colors are supposed to blend in with the black so that the eye cannot discern them.... gah... I hate this monitor. It isn't just glows that hurt your eyes on this thing... it's everything. At home it's all nice and peachy tho.

I say - Keep it.

Unless a large number of people begin to complain, I see no problem.  I don't see why an entire forum should cater to the needs of a single member. :P

That was unnecassary, I made this topic a poll so that it wouldn't cater to just one persons needs. If you like it, great.

I wasn't meaning to ramble on in my post, if you actually read what i said, I don't mind it as long as it was used in moderation, and the yellow for instance is hard on the eyes.

Glowing green text is just a bit too much!  And so is this computer monitor as school.  It's awful.  Everything is super bright.  My monitor at home won't even show so much contrast.  I can see way to much detail with these school monitors.  I can see every little pixel in the starfield of the background.  Some colors are supposed to blend in with the black so that the eye cannot discern them.... gah... I hate this monitor.  It isn't just glows that hurt your eyes on this thing... it's everything.  At home it's all nice and peachy tho.

The blue is fine with me, it's the yellow and gray/white ones are mostly what bothers me.

Unless a large number of people begin to complain, I see no problem.  I don't see why an entire forum should cater to the needs of a single member.

Hmmm, may I quote you on that? :P

I say - Keep it.

Unless a large number of people begin to complain, I see no problem.  I don't see why an entire forum should cater to the needs of a single member. :unsure:

Turn down the sass, CJLP. Behave.

Other, see there are some colours not cut out for a black background and the glow makes them stand out. But when the colour makes it downright difficult to read. for get it!

I agree with Spocks Brain. It makes it difficult to read when it's the entire post (for me), so I just don't read them.

Edited by Miss Satoire