Sign in to follow this  
WEAREBORG4102

flood control

What do you think of flood control?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of flood control?

• Hate it and it should be removed
    • I don't like it but it can stay
    • I don't care...
    • It is necessary for such a big board....
    • I sort of like it
    • I love it
    • It is so cool!!!!

I voted it is nessary for such board. That is growing larger every day.

In the Promotions and New Members forums, it can get on my nerves just a little. However, especially in the Games forum, I feel the Flood Control feature is absolutely necessary for a board this size. I'm personally against post-padding to begin with, but on a board without Flood Control, some people would go post-crazy! (not necessarily anyone here, though)

That's all just my opinion, of course. :)

Why would you care? It's just something you get used to shrug and move on. Makes you stall for a while and re-read your posts too, well I do

I think it's cool. It stops spammers from, umm, spamming. This is going to sound crass, but I'll say it anyway - you have to wonder whether a post that falls within the flood control limits is even worth writing, don't you? If people check their spelling and put down well thought out responses, flood control doesn't even come into play. And why would anyone be so hot to get that many posts on the board anyway?

Stardate:214224.6

yeh it gets a little annoying sometimes but with a board this size it is definitly neccassary

Ok, just wondering...

I wasn't suggesting that it has o be removed VBG, no offense....

I ws just wondering...

It annoys me at times but I understand that it is necessary. Once I decided to head to the new members and crew promotions sections to give people my congratulations but I had to wait between each one (I decided to do it all at once to save time) and discovered the flood control. So I stopped and I rarely gives such congrats any more. It would be nice if in those sections it could be turned off... and/or allow people to most immediately only if they are posting under a new topic.

It's necessary... but I do get a little impatient with it sometimes, especially when I'm playing games! :unsure:

i dont like it but it can stay.. i dont think it is naccisary because of the size of the board but because of ppl if they decide to spam and stuff i guess..

It can be very annoying at times, but it is an necessary evil. It keeps the board from crashing and that is good. :flex: