Sign in to follow this  
adm. stickler

Questions aboout the old turbo-lifts

In TOS what were those little things you turned with your hand for in the turbo-lifts? And one other thing, windows. How come we didnt see any in the rec. room or the crew quarters.

Edited by adm. stickler

In TOS what were those little things you  turned with your hand for in the turbo-lifts? And one other thing, windows. How come we didnt see any in the rec. room or the crew quarters.

I think it had something to do with like todays lift we push the button of the

floor we want,i think its based on the same idea you just twist the handle to

go.

Yes, they control the turbolift. You will notice that in TOS they did not have voice activated turbolifts. Instead they had the "twist handles".

As for not having windows, I think it was a matter of budget and the difficulty of making a star backgroud. Yea, that's right, the couldn't even do that easily back then.

well first off i think it was like you twist the handle then say the command.. its kinda like turning on a microphone.. since if u just said something like i dont want to go to deck 3 on the TNG ship it could take you to it.. i guess that way they woodnt have that problem.. if that made sense.. and as for windows.. i really dont know what those things are.. just lights.. i always thought they were the decks passing by quickly..