Sign in to follow this  
ensign_ro

love

i was interested to see some people's opinion on this subject. is love a biological urge or a spiritual quality? explain your opinion.

Love is a biological process, but it is also much more than that. It is part of ones spiritual self. The falling in love part is the biiological process and how you change and grow as a person as a result of that love process is the spiritual aspect.

Love is there to keep to individuals there so they are regular mating partners and are there to raise offspring.

Thanks for starting this thread Ro. I was just thinking about this the other day. Personnaly, I FEEL like my electrons are all excited when I'm in love. Fell in love on here, recently, which is nuts. How can you fall for someone you never even met? I was just so enamored by his words. I saw all kinds of emotions wrapped up in them. I was reading between the lines like crazy. This is nuts. OK, anyway. I've asked that same question myself. It's hormones. Now this comes from a biology professor. But, I think there are alot of cognitive reasons involved as well. You know like sharing interests and goals. But then there is physical appearance, but that's only temporary, I'd give that one about 7 years then you want someone different. OK, now you all can kill me for that little comment. :) :) Of course, it's almost springtime and a young man's fancy, and all that. :)

most people think that saying "i love you" is what "love" means, but thats not true. When you think about someone 24/7, thats love. When you would go to the ends of the earth for someone, thats love. When you want to talk to someone all the time, thats love. When you feel it in your heart, thats love.

One of the biggest problems is that people don't understand the differance between love and lust. Jeanway's post was the perfect example, love does not exist until there is a cemented bond, while lust is there to create that bond with the initial attraction.

Love is realizing how imperfect and annoying the person can be and still loving them faults and all.

You all seem to be concentrating on romantic love which is only one type of love. I know CS Lewis wrote a book called the four loves but I don't remember them all. There is also brotherly love and spiritual love which I call charity (meaning the pure love of Christ).

One of the best definitions I read of love was written by the late Leo Buscaglia, I am paraphrasing. "...love is the active concern for the development and well being of the object of that love"

Another way to put it is in I Corinthians 3:

4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things

In other words, patient, honest and unselfish.

One of the biggest problems is that people don't understand the differance between love and lust. Jeanway's post was the perfect example, love does not exist until there is a cemented bond, while lust is there to create that bond with the initial attraction.

Good thing I booked then, huh Nem?

Love is realizing how imperfect and annoying the person can be and still loving them faults and all.

thats what i think as well.

I have to say spiritual, as when I was to marry Daniel I only seen him a few times, and didn't know him physically or sexually. Daniel says when he first saw me he had dreams of me and it was love at first sight.

AAHHMMM, love does not exist until there is a cemented bond? Sounds like a pick-up line to me. I never said anything about sex. That's what you are referring to , right? I'd have to love someone first. Your saying that in order for someone to be in love they'd have to have " a cemented bond first". What about not having pre-marital sex? That would mean that the two people who just got married and hadn't " cemented" first, weren't in love. That's crazy.

by cemented bond i think he means emotional...

Are you sure about that Ro? I don't think that's what he meant at all. He mentioned Lust, that' carnal ie: sex. No, I'm not mad. :)

im pretty sure he ment emotional bond.. i think he ment that people odnt feel love untill they have a really really strong bond first.

Sex? Where did that come from, you should be in love before you make commitments like sex for if you have a child you should be able to remain together.

I agree with you Ro. He said LUST, that referrs to desire for s-x, understand?

I agree with you Ro.  He said LUST, that referrs to desire for s-x, understand?

Well everything that we do is about sex, but I was using lust as the original attraction.

Here we go again, Nemesis, butting heads. :) Obviously, you and I are from different worlds, or planets. :)

Here we go again, Nemesis, butting heads. :) Obviously, you and I are from different worlds, or planets. :)

Ummmm, now you have me confused. I've butted heads with you?

butting heads, sounds a little dirty to me. maybe I should report this?

jk :)

Ack! You're confusing me more, well back on topic. The term love is completely biological because spirituality is also biological.

I think today is full of disposable relationships because people fall

"in love" too easily and out of it just as easy.... :)

Along the same note, I think people hit a rough patch and think they've "fallen out of love". What they don't realize is that true love is full of rough patches and if you stick it out together it helps your love grow stronger. You can't just give up the second things get hard.