1. 1. Who is your favourite vulcan

• Spock
    • Tuvok
    • T'pol
    • T'pau
    • Valeris
    • Saavik
    • any other vulcan that ive missed

Spock. He was the first one we met and he set the tone for all Vulcans to follow.

I voted for Spock, and I'm sure I've made my feelings for him quite plain in this forum, lol. One Vulcan conspicuously missing from your poll, however, was Sarek, Spock's father. He was really cool, although it is his son who stole my heart. *wink*

T'Bree

I'm somewhat surprised who I voted for. It was T'Pol. I chose her because she is my favorite. I know that Nimoy made the Vulcan's for what they are. And in that sense he did the better job as an actor to bring all that to a character. But putting what the characters put into it aside, I enjoy T'pols character more. Maybe it has something thing to do with her gender! Seriously! Not because she is gorgeous but because it's new to the Vulcan thing. I like exploring that aspect of the Vulcan's. It has made the Enterprise experience a good one for me.

I'd narrow it down to Spock, Sarek, and Velaris, but Spock gets my vote. He had a ton of excellent lines, and his interaction with Bones is great. :hug:

Am I alone in thinking that maybe they should open up a VulcanDisneyLand, those vulcans really need to lighten up a little.

Guest -*tbree_dVelnahr*-
Am I alone in thinking that maybe they should open up a VulcanDisneyLand, those vulcans really need to lighten up a little.

Actually, if you watch carefully you will find Vulcans do have a sense of humor ... it's simply dry. Case in point: "Journey to Babel" last scene which finds both Spock, Sarek and Kirk in the Sickbay, as patients. Amanda, Spock's mother, has launched into a bit of a tirade suggesting she's "sick to death of logic" and Spock looks over at his father and says, "Emotional, isn't she?" to which Sarek replies, "She has always been that way." "Indeed?" Spock counters. "Why did you marry her?" And Sarek replies, "At the time it was the logical thing to do." And of course, as he says this he offers her the first two fingers of his hand, which seems to be a gesture of endearment. It's a wonderful episode and so very telling of the Vulcan soul.

T'Bree

I tried not vote for Spock, because he is very popular. My favorite Vulcan character, you didn't put him on your list, is Sarek. He truly understood the human race. He was the first Valcan to marry a human and to have half Valcan/human child.

Well my fav is Sarak. He just seems the most... Vulcan-like.

The T'Pol character was originally supposed to be T'Pau in her younger years. Paramount realised that if they actually did that they would have to pay royalties everytime T'Pau's name was used. Too bad. It is common knowlege that Enterprise will end with the formation of the Federation after the conclusion of the Earth-Romulan War (assuming the series is allowed to last that long) and it would have been interesting to show, as Kirk mentioned, how T'Pau could be a "founding father" of the Federation and at the same time be the only person to ever refuse a seat on the Federation Council.

I like Tuvok. The few looks we had into his past made it clear that some Vulcans struggle to achieve their controlled emotions. I do not think that point had been made about Vulcans prior to Tuvok's character appearing.

Spock is the model for all Vulcans and as I see it wrote the book to define Vulcans..however I voted Tuvok of his trusted loyalty towards his captian his truest nature to the Vulcan charater that honors Spock. :frusty: