TransporterMalfunction

Star Trek: The Animated Series forum

Should an area be set up for TAS?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should an area be set up for TAS?

• Yes, there should be one as a Sub Forum in TOS
    • Yes, there should be one as it's own forum
    • No, TAS can be discussed in the TOS forum

This poll has been set up to gather the opinions of the members regarding Star Trek: The Animated Series and how it could be included in STARTREKFANS.NET in the near future. Please take the time to vote and contribute to this site.

Many thanks,

TransporterMalfunction

Guest Ktrek

It's not really important to me but I think it would be nice for TAS to have it's own forum. It appears that next year TAS will be released on DVD and the forum will likely see some action if that occurs.

Ktrek

i do not believe that there should be a TAS forum i have not seen many posts on this site regarding TAS so i do not believe that it should have its own forum, it also doesnt have a large enough fan base, and to add insult to injury it isnt cannon... im sorry if ive offended anyone

I don't feel that there is enough interest in it here to justify it's own forum..I would like to see it have a sub-forum off of TOS..Even if it isn't canon it is an extention of TOS in my opinion..

How come there isn't a TAS forum? Come on this is the best forum on the 'net, it should support everyone's interests!

How come there isn't a TAS forum? Come on this is the best forum on the 'net, it should support everyone's interests!

Yeah i would love to hear more about it i havent seen much of it on

tv so its some thing i wanna know about!!!!!!!!

I have merged your topic with this poll which has been up for several days. If you vote here then it will count towards future web site development that we are planning.

It'd be okay for there to be a TAS forum, but I think it's best to have a TAS sub-forum in TOS...

Yeah i would love to hear more about it i havent seen much of it on

tv so its some thing i wanna know about!!!!!!!!

Even though there weren't that many of them made, they were the only thing Star Trek made right after TOS went off the air. I still remember how special TAS was when it came on Sat... to here the original voices of the actors and a good story, along with slightly different sound track they had the soul of TOS. I support the idea of it's own forum. I wish there were more made with Shatner and the others minus Mr. Kelly. I'll even go one step further to say a TNG. DS9 and a Voyager animated series should be started.... :) that just my feelings thankyou. :laugh:

IMO there should be a seperate forum for TAS for several reasons.

1 - We had unique aliens exclusively to TAS.

2 - IMO TAS was much closer to GR's grand vision.

3 - TAS presented unique challenges impossible to replicate at the time with live action sequences.

4 - TAS was closer to "canon" than many had thought.

5 - Many Trekkies, myself included, consider TAS as a continuation of Kirk, Spock and rest of Enterprise's five year mission and regard it as TOS's unofficial fourth season. I'm referring to some of TAS episodes that seem to be a continuation of TOS episodes from all three seasons.

Although it is not very popular from what I have seen, it is regarded as one of the six series as shown on ST.com. It deserves its own forum.

I like to old animated series but I have not really seen it in years. Plus I always thought of it as an extension of TOS. Plus there are not that many episodes.