Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

The Future Of The Film Franchise

In my opinion, this is what I believe should happen with the Star Trek film franchise:

1. At least one more TNG film

2. DS9 to take over after that

3. A series of Voyager television films to be shown on the small screen

4. Perhaps the odd TNG film in between DS9

5. When Enterprise finishes it should take over the franchise

What do you think?

1. I don't think there will be another TNG movie.

2. With the way DS9 "What You Leave Behind" was done, I don't think they have any intention on doing a "Deep Space Nine" movie.

3. TV movies? That's the same thing as 2-part episodes, which VOY had plenty of. No, they should stick with big screen movies.

4. I don't think there will be another TNG movie, nor a DS9 movie.

5. I'd rather not wait 5 or so years for another movie.

Here's an idea... MIXED CAST! ;)

Since there is usually 3 years between films, another TNG movie would be great. And 3 years after that it would be time for Enterprise to hit the big screen.

With the passage of time since DS9 finished I don't think there will be a DS9 movie and I don't think Voyager's or DS9's ratings would give Paramount a reason to make movies with those casts - big or small screen.

I want to see another TNG film but if it don’t happen what am I gonna do? Read Novels.

If DS9 and VOY never got a shot at the big screen because of low ratings then ENT may already be doomed at having any chance unless a miracle occurs.

So what's left, a mixed cast? Perhaps but any tales left to tell there could be told in novels as well. Something based on Sulu? Maybe, but I doubt it. Would PAR. risk the big one and take a chance on a new crew on the Ent set beyond NEM? Who knows...

There is no question the possibilities are endless, assuring population participation is another story and it is there, I believe the bigwigs are searching for the answer.

Would PAR. risk the big one and take a chance on a new crew on the Ent set beyond NEM? Who knows...

Rick Berman had confirmed that when Paramount talked to him after Insurrection about the next Trek movie that they wanted to go with a new cast but he convinced them there was still more to say with TNG.

I think Rick Berman cares a LOT more about Trek than some people think (the "save Trek people") and it's the studio that only cares about dollars.

In my opinion, this is what I believe should happen with the Star Trek film franchise:

1. At least one more TNG film

2. DS9 to take over after that

3. A series of Voyager television films to be shown on the small screen

4. Perhaps the odd TNG film in between DS9

5. When Enterprise finishes it should take over the franchise

What do you think?

I pretty much agree with you, although i'd consider this a posibility:

1. TWO more TNG films!!

2. DS9 takes over after that (let them have 6 films, like TNG and TOS, if my plan goes according to...plan)

3. When DS9's done, voyager has a go at the big screen

4. I wouldn't mind an ENT movie (I dont watch the show yet, but if you guys want it, why not? but only AFTER the series finishes)

To be honest I was just trying to do a bit of appeasing towards those who like DS9 and Voyager, with 2 and 3.

If I were to say what I would personally do if I had the power, then I would let TNG continue to make films until Enterprise is ready in 5 or 6 years time (that means at least two more TNG films if not more).

If Paramount wanted me to strain as much money as I could out of the franchise, then DS9 and Voyager could make a series of TV movies alongside the real films, and perhaps they could cross over eachother if it were felt there were any need. The profit from these TV movies (if any) could then go to pay the wages of the stars of TNG. However, that would be my ultimate and most selfish stance and would not take into account the feelings of fandom.

I don't really have an opinion on the other ST series becoming movies because I really only watch TNG. But as far as TNG goes, I don't think they should make any more because it seems to me that it will all fall apart without its main characters. It's just not the same without Data and if Patrick Stewart isn't going to do any more movies either, then as painful as it may be, that should be the end of it.

I don't really have an opinion on the other ST series becoming movies because I really only watch TNG.  But as far as TNG goes, I don't think they should make any more because it seems to me that it will all fall apart without its main characters.  It's just not the same without Data and if Patrick Stewart isn't going to do any more movies either, then as painful as it may be, that should be the end of it.

Exactly. And that's why they MUST make another movie - to bring them (err, DATA) back! :D