Sign in to follow this  
poguemahone

Favourite type of Music

What's your favourite type of Music?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favourite type of Music?

• Country/Western
    • Alternative Rock/Heavy Metal/Modern Rock
    • Hip-Hop/Rap
    • R&B
    • Punk/Oi/Indie
    • Emo/Pop-Punk
    • Classic Rock
    • Reggae/Ska
    • Christain/Gospel
    • Other

I am a huge fan of classical, but my favorite of all time is movie scores.  The music written to underscore the movies.  John Williams is my favorite, but I like Jerry Goldsmith and all of the others.  I like Big Band era music, but I'm not a fan of what is more commonly called jazz (or, to my family, nails of a chalkboard).  I can appreciate many styles of musical art, but I am very picky when it comes to my own tastes.  I'm not a fan of the sixties and seventies, however, and the eighties were awful, but I give them credit for how happy and upbeat some of the music was.  Nope, I'm a pre-1900s, 1920-1940, orchestral, which is a word, fan.

~Conor

The Olympic Committee has decided recently to award an Olympic Gold medal to someone....someone who has contributed SO much to the Olympics throughout his career: JOHN WILLIAMS!

I thought that this was sooo cool, so I thought I would share!! ;)

Country all the way! I love the sound, I love the artists, and I love the stories behind the songs. Lots of country songs have stories to tell and morals to give. And most of the time, it's from the heart. Plus, you can understand what the people are singing! ^-^;; Well... most of the time. I couldn't live without my country music. I have the radio on almost all of the time. My favorite singer is Garth Brooks.

I also like classical, and I flip the radio to the local classical station from time to time.

Clasic Rock, 60s, 70s, Prog Rock, Glam Rock, Modern Rock, Soft Rock, Hard Rock.............HELL I Just love rock

Love Queen, the Moodys, ELP, Genisis, Slade, Purple, Saboth, Zeplin, Whitesnake, Def Lepard, Stones, the Who, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, ACDC.

I allso like movie scores & Clasical

"For those about to ROCK we salute you"

I voted other, I can listen to and enjoy any music style other than Hip-Hop/Rap I hear (feel it rattling the apartment) enough of that everyday.

I VOTED FOR ALTERNATIVE ROCK BUT I REALLY LIKE ALLTYPES OF MUSIC. IT REALLY DEPENDS ON THE ARTIST AND THEIR STYLE OF MUSIC. :) B)

I am just starting out my career as a radio Dj here in Ontario, Can and have comer across many different types of music over the years..but can safely say that Alternative Rock/Heavy Metal/Modern Rock is where my heart lies..but..I do also enjoy some Enya, Dido and Jewel before she got all weird..I just genuinly love music!

I saw this poll and thought ohh fun, but then I couldn't figure out what I listen too :rolleyes:

Bjork, Tori Amos, Thrill Kill Cult, Nora Jones, then some Classical, some House, some Techno, some Punk, System of a Down, yahh all sorts of stuff, I voted other, but what alternative was, isant what alternative is. and what is progressive? what is the difference? gosh I slept through a decade....

Heavy Metal. No, wait, I mean jazz. Or classical. Hmmm, maybe Japanese flute? Well, lets see what I have in my wallet right now. Gypsy Kings, Miles Davis, Joan Osborne, Incubus, Charlie Parker, Mozart, Barber, Blood Sweat and Tears, Sting, BB King, Evanesence, Dave Matthews, Bela Fleck, Steely Dan, Dire Straits, Santana, America, Ella and Louie, and Disturbed.

I'm the most obsessed with Disturbed right now. I just paid waaayyy too much money to go see them in August. I can't wait!!!!

dpic1.jpg

"Tear a hole so I can see my devastation. Feelings from so long ago, I don't remember."

:blink: why do rock stars and hip-hop stars always look at the camera like they wanna boink you? - ugh! - i voted for other, 'cause my FAVOURITE (canadian spelling, ok?) is electronica, namely house music - that's means bass-driven disco, really, but i LOVE it - close seconds are classical, R&B, country, and progressive rock - if you're having a hard time sorting out my tastes, just try living it ...

The Big Band Era is my favorite.

Tommy Dorsey, Glenn Miller...

Moonlight Seranade, Chattanooga Choo Choo, And the Angles Sing, Blue Skies...

Classical and Opera/Operettas- Mozart, Beethoven, Vaughn Williams, Orff-Carmina Burana....

Classic Rock - 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's

Occassional new releases- can be any form of music as long has a good melody, catchy....

:rolleyes: Paul Simon, Paul Kelly, Buddy Holly, REM

Anything a little left of centre- The Cure, Bahaus...

Nickleback- This Is How You Remind Me

Big Band Era- Glen Miller

Absolutely hate hip hop, rap, techno (dance music)....

I like all sorts of music.Depends on my mood.At the moment I'm listening to the greatest Canadian band of all time....Men Without Hats. :grin:

I like lots of different kinds of music.I grew up listening to country music,and like it.When I started watching MTV,I heard other kinds of music and enjoyed them,too.I mostly listen to hip hop music,though.

Because there was no option for i like a mix of them, i voted other.I love a mix of all of them because my cd rack is full of differant genres.I mainly listen to rock,country and pop.

Shania Twain,Evanesance and dido are my fave artists.

Guest Tribbleman1000

I like to listen to a number of things. i'm quite sophisticated so i could listen to things like classical and opeara. I also like classic rock, and bands like the Beatles :). Also to blues because it really expresses the artist, like thelegendary Robert Johnson. And that is where most of the modern music today came from. Also Celtic, cause i'm half celtic and i like its culture. There are a few bands i like today, like the white stripes,radiohead and a few others. i like them for there originality. I DONT like rap or metal because music is suppose to be a art, the're just playing the same non-innovative sounds, the're also not being original. Rappers tend to promote negative things and make sterotypes out of most blacks. But thats just my opinion!

Guest Tribbleman1000

Just wondering, is Sir Paul McCartney really dead and is currently replaced by a look-alike?

My Favourite type of music is

Drum and Bass Techno= eg.The Prodigy and The Chemical Brothers

Hard Rock(but not heavy metal)= eg. Metallica, Pantera

Orchestrated= eg. Star Trek, Star Wars

i hate all forms of pop, rap, country et that type of stuff if u get my drift