Sign in to follow this  
poguemahone

Favourite type of Music

What's your favourite type of Music?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favourite type of Music?

• Country/Western
    • Alternative Rock/Heavy Metal/Modern Rock
    • Hip-Hop/Rap
    • R&B
    • Punk/Oi/Indie
    • Emo/Pop-Punk
    • Classic Rock
    • Reggae/Ska
    • Christain/Gospel
    • Other

Guest Ktrek

I had to vote "other". My favorite types of music are Classical, Jazz and "Progressive" Rock. When I say Progressive Rock I mean to distunguish it from the run of the mill classic rock category. Beethoven and Dvorak are my favorite composers, John McLaughlin and Miles Davis are my favorite jazz artists, and YES is my favorite progressive rock band. Being a "Christian" I also listen to some Christian music. My favorite artist in that category is John Michael Talbot.

Ktrek

I like a lot of classic rock, but then i also like a lot of just about everytime but Country. Country makes me edgy and i have to turn it off. (SOrry to those who like it)

Well, it's sort of unfair. Alternative Rock is a heck of a lot different than most forms of Metal, but anyways, I voted for that since I listen to Metal. Though I enjoy some Prog Rock AND 70's Rock from time to time.

I voted other. My favorite is jazz. After that it would be Alternative Rock/Heavy Metal/Modern Rock.

I voted classic rock because I'm stuck in a musical time warp. I like some of the "crooners" and some blues, jazz and classical as well. There is some new stuff that I like too but I don't listen to the radio a lot.

I voted for Classic Rock,although I lean more toward progressive rock.My all time favorite band is Pink Floyd,I saw them in concert and I own every CD they have put out.I also like Yes,Moody Blues,Frank Zappa,and King Crimson.

I voted for modern rock, but I like most of them, except country. Kind of Ironic since I just finished buying Alabama tickets to take my dad for his birthday.

I voted R&B, but i like some rap, love jazz and blues music and also "oldies" like Nat King Cole, Sinatra and such. :cool:

I voted Christian/Gospel... I only listen to that oh and soundtracks to movies... but Christian music comes in all shapes and sizes so of Christian music I like the pop the rock and really anything else Christian.. ;)

all hail Bev!! ;)

Voted for other...but many of the choices fit in my favorites list....

Classical and jazz(particularly swing/big band) are my all time favorites...they are followed by Country, "oldies"(50's, 60's 70's)-is that counted as classic rock??, New Age(Enya to name one!!), Traditional/Ethnic Music from my cultural backgrounds(Scandinavian, German, Polish, Celtic, Russian, and Native American---grouped a couple ancestries to make the list shorter here!); music from certain anime series(has to be the original Japanese recordings, I can't stand it when they dub or rework the lyrics into English!!Takes a beautiful song and makes it awkward!); Folk; Bluegrass(especially Alison Krauss and Union Station), the list seems to go on.

OMG, someone mentioned one of my FAVORITE groups....Moody Blues!! I have their album "Days of Future Past", I love that one!!!! That and their Live at Red Rocks tape!!

Ones I really can't take are metal, hip-hop/rap, alternative. Those really bug me. Grr...and Cajun and Zydeco....ICK! Can't stand that stuff! Except for a couple of songs, that is a terrible genre of music(can you really call it that??) IMO!

Yillara,I saw the Moody Blues in concert,it was an awesome performance!

Wow, that is really cool...wish I could get to see them perform live....

they were in concert sometime ago I think here in my home state(Daytona? I am not sure) and I really wanted to go, but, since I am in a band myself(German polka band, we played in several Oktoberfests here in Florida last October)...we were playing on the same weekend and I was not able to go to two places at once. :look:

I haven't seen them in concert but during the first week that I worked at Calgary's Olympic Saddledome (or whatever it's called now) they were performing that evening and I got to see their afternoon soundcheck.

.My all time favorite band is Pink Floyd,I saw them in concert and I own every CD they have put out. .

FLOYD ROCKS DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as for me i voted classic rock. my roots are in that, but i listen to just about everything. ive got it all from bach to badco. ratt to gunsnroses. floyd to dan folgleberg. faith hill to garth brooks. and so on and so on. three doors down, and creed are great too. anyone here hear of BILLIONAIRE theyve got a great cd out, then i never heard another thing from them. so i have an acclectic taste i suppose, but ill always love classic rock, and PINK FLOYD. :look: i only hope that they put out another cd as ive heard for years they were supposed too. because i want more floyd, and i want to see them in concert, i sooooo wish i went to their last concert those years back

I haven't seen them in concert but during the first week that I worked at Calgary's Olympic Saddledome (or whatever it's called now) they were performing that evening and I got to see their afternoon soundcheck.

Oh, this is so not fair...darn I still really want to catch them in concert before they decide to stop touring....

Mostly PUNK and CLASSIC ROCK for me.

I also have a great appreciation for CLASSICAL and ORCHESTRAL. (if thats a word. lol)

Moody Blues...Floyd...Yes. LOVE IT!

I am not a Pink Floyd fan but I have a CD by the London Symphonic(don't remember the actual orchestra's name) but they did two Albums of British Invasion Music, and then one album of American music(of course over 90% of the CD is instrumental).. I really like their version of Floyd's Another Brick In The Wall. It is awesome!

Other songs I really liked off of their CD's: Nights In White Satin(absolutely beautiful version of my FAVORITE Moody Blues song!), Bohemian Rhapsody, Stairway To Heaven(Used a section of this for a gymnastics routine for a while in 2001), and there are soo many more good ones..

Alternative Rock/Heavy Metal/Modern Rock have deep emotional themes to their music and adds in a sence of the dark world that no one thinks about, and also it has the emotional music that grabs a persons soul.

Alternative Rock/Heavy Metal/Modern Rock have deep emotional themes to their music and adds in a sence of the dark world that no one thinks about, and also it has the emotional music that grabs a persons soul.

Well said.

I voted for classic rock, although I listen to blues ,classsical and jazz muzic alot Favourite groups: Deep Purple, AC/DC, LYNYRD SKYNYRD,THIN LIZZY... :laugh:

I am a huge fan of classical, but my favorite of all time is movie scores. The music written to underscore the movies. John Williams is my favorite, but I like Jerry Goldsmith and all of the others. I like Big Band era music, but I'm not a fan of what is more commonly called jazz (or, to my family, nails of a chalkboard). I can appreciate many styles of musical art, but I am very picky when it comes to my own tastes. I'm not a fan of the sixties and seventies, however, and the eighties were awful, but I give them credit for how happy and upbeat some of the music was. Nope, I'm a pre-1900s, 1920-1940, orchestral, which is a word, fan.

~Conor