Season 1

Production No. 14

Episode Name: Faces

Director: Winrich Kolbe

Story by: Jonathan Glassner & Adam Grossman

Teleplay by: Kenneth Biller

031B.jpg

Original Air Date: 05.08.95

Paris, Torres and Durst find themselves prisioners of the Vidians. The head surgeon/scientist Sulan has extracted B'Elanna's Klingon DNA in order to produce a pure Klingon for his tests. He believes that a pure Klingon can help him find a cure for the deadly Phage disease. In their cell, Paris and Durst are stunned when another prisioner is brought in. It's an all-human version of Torres - the other "half" of Torres that was left after Sulan removed the Klingon genetic material. She explains to Paris what has happened to her and is very weak. The guards return and forcibly remove Durst from the cell. Although Paris tries unsuccessfully to help his friend, all the human Torres can do is cringe in fear. The Klingon Torres is horrified when she sees Durst's face on the surgeon Sulan. He has killed the Lieutenant. It so angers Torres that she breaks her bonds, attacks Sulan and escapes..The human Torres ends up in the cell by herself because she is too weak for a labor detail. The Klingon Torres finds her and helps her escape. In return the human Torres comes up with a plan to de-activate the shields. Chakotay disguised as a Vidian finds Paris and rejoins the two Torreses. The Klingon Torres takes a phaser shot from Sulan just proir to beaming up to Voyager. She dies on the transporter platform but the Doctor is able to use her Klingon DNA to restore Torres to her original self.

faces.jpg

Cast:

Kate Mulgrew as Kathryn Janeway

Robert Beltran as Chakotay

Roxann Dawson as B'Elanna Torres

Robert Duncan McNeil as Tom Paris

Ethan Phillips as Neelix

Tim Russ as Tuvok

Garrett Wang as Harry Kim

Jennifer Lien as Kes

Guest Cast:

Brian Markinson as Sulan

Brian Markinson as Lieutenant Durst

Barton Tinapp as Guard #1

Rob LaBelle as Talaxian Prisioner

Show Notes :

Neelix fixes Plomeek Soup for Tuvok since Neelix believes that the crew deserves a little taste of home now and then, Neelix spices up the soup since it seems so bland to him.

Neelix makes peanut butter and jelly sanwiches for Paris. Tom calls it 'comfort food'.

Show Quotes:

Paris: Fear can be a good thing. It keeps you from taking unnecessary chances.

Torres: That's the way you respond to every situation, isn't it? If it doesn't work, hit it. If it's in your way knock it down. No wonder I got kicked out of the Academy.

Klingon Torres: Maybe we'll die in the attempt, but that's better than sitting here like frightened Tika cats.

Torres: I guess I'll just have to accept the fact that I'll spend the rest of my life fighting with her.

014.jpg

Not a fave, but it was nice to see what the ephemeral Roxann Dawson looked like sans the make-up.

I agree, UA, it was nice to see her without makeup and I thought she did a superb job of acting both roles. It's nice that Star Trek gives their actors these types of challenges on occasion.

Season 1

Production No. 14

Episode Name: Faces

Director: Winrich Kolbe

Story by: Jonathan Glassner & Adam Grossman

Teleplay by: Kenneth Biller

031B.jpg

Original Air Date: 05.08.95

Paris, Torres and Durst find themselves prisioners of the Vidians. The head surgeon/scientist Sulan has extracted B'Elanna's Klingon DNA in order to produce a pure Klingon for his tests. He believes that a pure Klingon can help him find a cure for the deadly Phage disease. In their cell, Paris and Durst are stunned when another prisioner is brought in. It's an all-human version of Torres - the other "half" of Torres that was left after Sulan removed the Klingon genetic material. She explains to Paris what has happened to her and is very weak. The guards return and forcibly remove Durst from the cell. Although Paris tries unsuccessfully to help his friend, all the human Torres can do is cringe in fear. The Klingon Torres is horrified when she sees Durst's face on the surgeon Sulan. He has killed the Lieutenant. It so angers Torres that she breaks her bonds, attacks Sulan and escapes..The human Torres ends up in the cell by herself because she is too weak for a labor detail. The Klingon Torres finds her and helps her escape. In return the human Torres comes up with a plan to de-activate the shields. Chakotay disguised as a Vidian finds Paris and rejoins the two Torreses. The Klingon Torres takes a phaser shot from Sulan just proir to beaming up to Voyager. She dies on the transporter platform but the Doctor is able to use her Klingon DNA to restore Torres to her original self.

faces.jpg

Cast:

Kate Mulgrew as Kathryn Janeway

Robert Beltran as Chakotay

Roxann Dawson as B'Elanna Torres

Robert Duncan McNeil as Tom Paris

Ethan Phillips as Neelix

Tim Russ as Tuvok

Garrett Wang as Harry Kim

Jennifer Lien as Kes

Guest Cast:

Brian Markinson as Sulan

Brian Markinson as Lieutenant Durst

Barton Tinapp as Guard #1

Rob LaBelle as Talaxian Prisioner

Show Notes :

Neelix fixes Plomeek Soup for Tuvok since Neelix believes that the crew deserves a little taste of home now and then, Neelix spices up the soup since it seems so bland to him.

Neelix makes peanut butter and jelly sanwiches for Paris. Tom calls it 'comfort food'.

Show Quotes:

Paris: Fear can be a good thing. It keeps you from taking unnecessary chances.

Torres: That's the way you respond to every situation, isn't it? If it doesn't work, hit it. If it's in your way knock it down. No wonder I got kicked out of the Academy.

Klingon Torres: Maybe we'll die in the attempt, but that's better than sitting here like frightened Tika cats.

Torres: I guess I'll just have to accept the fact that I'll spend the rest of my life fighting with her.

014.jpg

I really liked this episode and I found it interesting to see two sides of B'Elanna. It was rather strange to see B'Elanna without her Klingon makeup. I think Roxann Dawson did such a fantastic portrayal of Torres and especially in this episode, as she played the 'human' side of B'Elanna and the full blooded Klingon side of her aswell.

Unfortunately, I have only watched this episode a few times, even though I do own the episode on tape. I will definitely be watching this episode again soon.

Madam Captain out!!

I Miss Voyager!!! :o

Me Too!!!! :( :o :P