Sign in to follow this  
dsbs

When did you find out you were a trekkie?

I guess it was when I started naming my pets after ST characters. 

Please tell me I am not the only one to do that.  :D

You are definitely not alone. I had a female cat named T'Pring. Pointed ears, get it?

I started watching Voyager a couple of years ago and got hooked. I quickly started watching the other Treks (except TOS, which I watch only occasionally). For the first year I watched them my sister gave me that weird look. After that she started watching and became a bigger trekkie then I am! (she is mostly into Voyager though. You may know her here as MaQuIs_PrInCeSs. She found this site and told me about it. I usually just watched the show and went to the official site, but I'm glad she encouraged me to sign up because this site is really cool.

In case Alterego or another admin is reading this, theres something kinda weird with my sister's (MaQuIs_PrInCeSs) account. Sometimes when she tries to log in it won't let her. I would appreciate if you would look into that.

ive been a trekkie all my life. i grew up watching tng. i remember being very mad when the show ended. i started watching before i was even in kindergarten and now im in grade 10. i think its been about 12 of my 14 years that ive watched trek. i even have a school photo of me in grade 2 with a sweater with a big picture of data on it. lol.

(PS. WOW 300th POST)

when i always looked forward to watching it with my grandma was my first clue. but then when i would look at people, and say "how can you not like it, startreks a great show. what are ya stupid" lol. i guess the posters, and 40 dollar ships in my "man room" are a giveaway too. lol my wife thinks im nuts.lol :D

lol my wife thinks im nuts.lol :D

That's ok, my hubby loves Star Trek too, but he also thinks I'm a little nuts. Maybe it the big Jonathan Frakes autograph over my computer. :D

I guess it was when I started naming my pets after ST characters. 

Please tell me I am not the only one to do that.  :D

No your not, my sis has a dog called Leeta, she has a new puppy but her partner wouldn't let her call it seven(spoilsport] so she called it Molly after chief o'brien's daughter instead

I knew when I spent hours trying to find one ep of TNG... However my dad would always watch st when I was little and I would sit on his lap but growing up the only thing I ever really watched were Disney movies and gymnastics on TV.. It wasn't untill last summer that I even relised TNG was on TV...

all hail Bev!! :wub:

P.S. I have a dog but his name is Spencer... but I built a bear at the build a bear workshop and named it Beverly... :laugh:

When I got hooked on Voyager......It was through Voyager that I began looking at reruns of TNG, and the original series. To me Voyager was very powerful. :look:

I did worse...i named a kid!

ok, i'll bite, you named a kid what????!!!!!! i've gotta know. :look:

Okay, I am really curous about this as well. What did you name the kid?

I didn't want to be the first one to ask, but since you guys did....We're waiting Lessa.

I didn't want to be the first one to ask, but since you guys did....We're waiting Lessa.

For all of you who are expecting her to say she has a son named Data or Noonien or something that, she doesn't. :laugh:

For all of you who are expecting her to say she has a son named Data or Noonien or something that, she doesn't. :laugh:

ok, but she opened pandoras box with that one so what is the name of whos kid that she named :laugh:

OMG, don't visit this thread for a while and look what happens!

ok, the story...i was 5 month along with my hubbie's and my first child and we knew it was a girl. A freind at our work place pulled us over and told us that she had a name from Star Trek that she loved but her husband would never let her use, as we were both Trekkers, we just had to use it.

It was Kestra (Deanna Troi's sister, shown in DarkPage) I looked at my hubbie and he looked and me and he said "I like it," the rest is history.

P.S. Kestra loves that SHE is in a Star Trek episode (the child in it is blonde and so is MY Kestra)

SHe's five and also loves Data. SHe insists that she is going to marry him when she grows up and my husband loves to catch the look on my face when she teased me about this.

I did not know that everyone was asking until Takara PMed me that i had a crowd waiting. :look:

That's the problem...there are so many great threads all of us post in and there is usually one or two you forget to check....and worst of all you usually find someone waiting for you to answer....

i hear ya thats why i click track this topic on everything that really interests me or i want to see an answer. WOW i get so many emails from startrekfans.net. lol. so 5yrs old and already trying to steal your man data. lol. thats too cute.

OMG, don't visit this thread for a while and look what happens!

ok, the story...i was 5 month along with my hubbie's and my first child and we knew it was a girl. A freind at our work place pulled us over and told us that she had a name from Star Trek that she loved but her husband would never let her use, as we were both Trekkers, we just had to use it.

It was Kestra (Deanna Troi's sister, shown in DarkPage) I looked at my hubbie and he looked and me and he said "I like it," the rest is history.

That's an awesome name Lessa. Thanks everyone, for letting me know I'm not alone when it comes to naming my pets (and people...Lessa :look: ) after Star Trek characters.

I really wanted to name my daughter Belanna but when I suggested it to my husband he looked at me like I'd suddenly grown a second head or something. So that was out of the question. smilies6.gif

I was very pleased when my hubbie agreed to the name, but you should have seen the look on my mother on law's face :laugh:

I really thought she was going to throw something at me...but it worked out and she decided that no other name would ahve fit the

KESTRANATOR!

in-laws are funny that way, i know mine love me, but, they are the biggest pain in my butt. oh well could be worse i guess, they could hate me. on the other hand has someone in your house been wathcing too much TERMINATOR. lol. :laugh:

I watched Trek alot when I was in my younger years, but it was not so long ago i realized that I really am a trekkie :laugh:

I really wanted to name my daughter Belanna but when I suggested it to my husband he looked at me like I'd suddenly grown a second head or something. So that was out of the question. smilies6.gif

:laugh: ROFL!!

JLP, I don't think it REALLY matters what you call your girlfriend/boyfriend/hubby/partner. I mean honestly, who cares? What difference does it ACTUALLY make?

...she has a new puppy but her partner wouldn't let her call it seven(spoilsport]...

Partner? Who says that! :laugh: Normally, people just say boy/girl friend, fiance, or spouse... Partner? :laugh:

Lots of people use the term partner and variations (life partner, etc). I prefer it myself. When you hit a certain age it gets difficult to say boyfriend/girlfriend with a straight face.