Sign in to follow this  
dsbs

When did you find out you were a trekkie?

I'm in the mood for digging up those nostalgic memories...

alright, so what when did you first find out you were a Trekker? or better yet, a trekkie?

I first discovered I was a trekker when, as I once mentioned, my brother and I were having a throat-hurting, wall-smashing, argument about rank pips.

I knew I was a TrekkIE when I began quoting lines from the series without realising it...

I was six and a half and saw the preview for TNG on one of the TOS movie videos my mom rented. And then completely hooked when Encounter at Farpoint premiered!! Coming up on 16 years as a Trek fan.

Probably when I started watching the TNG marathons that used to be on local station 5 days a week when TNG was still running new episodes. ;)

The first time I went to a Star Trek convention when I was 8 and I was really upset that I didn't have a uniform to wear. sad-smiley-020.gif

My realization was a lot more recent even though I love TNG when it first aired. When TNN started showing TNG it re-awakened that love. I realized I was a Trekkie when I realized that I told people not to bother me when TNG was on and don't even think of asking me do anything when there was a marathon on. Then the DVDs came out and I was at the store the first day each season was released with credit card in hand. Then it started at work - using phrases like "make it so" and "nemesis" as my computer passwords, the TNG and Nemesis wallpaper and Nemesis screensaver. And then along came VBG and this board and there's no turning back (not that I would ever want to)

When TNG got really big around 1990, and started buying the figures and the other toys, helped finally get out of my Police Academy phase....

when i was about ten-twelve i would stay up till midnight sunday nights to watch TOS...during middle school i eventually hid my trekkieness to avoid persecution, but thank the gods i met some people in college that reawakened my trek love, and reminded me that its cool to be yourself!

When TNG got really big around 1990, and started buying the figures and the other toys,

My sister and I actually had the 1st season action figures before the show even started. We had them with us when we watched Encounter at Farpoint. ;)

OMG! I just realized I still have a Commander Riker action figure somewhere! ;) I have to find that! ;)

I think i realised when my husband complained 'cos i started watching my TNG video's from the beginning AGAIN !!

haha..when I just couldn't miss an ep of TNG back when it was new and it was cemented when I just had to buy the TNG dvd's when they were in the store.

When I refused to go to the hospital to have my second baby until AFTER TOS was over. Well, hey, the episode was 'A Piece of the Action.'

From the very first year of 1966. I was nine at the time and, because of the space program and race to the moon at the time, always played astronaut with my friends. When Star Trek premiered, we immediately became Starfleet officers and "Beamed" anywhere in the neighborhood our imaginations could carry us. Plus later, I was the only one of my firends who had no problem with doing the Vulcan salute.

When I refused to go to the hospital to have my second baby until AFTER TOS was over.  Well, hey, the episode was 'A Piece of the Action.'

Mom?? Is that you??? ;)

JK. My MIL refused to go to the hospital when she was in labor with my hubby till TOS was over too! ;)

I knew that I was a Trekkie (trekker haha) when I went to my first dt convention and had a good time and didnt think that all the people around me were geeks and freeks haha oh and my favorite memory of that convention was when Dorn singed a book That I had I was the only one out of 200 people that he singed the book twice He wrote that it was his favorite book and all and hey I was 10 that was exciting to me!! ;)

I became a Trekkie back in 1966 when I was 10 years old,and let me tell you I was one pissed off little kid when they cancelled it in 69.

I had aways watched Star Trek for a very young age (mainly the films until about the age of 5) so as far I as can remember I have aways been a TREKKIE since birth!!!!

same here, so i'll tell you a cute story instead.

i was about 16 and got to go to my first converntion with my converted friend, Lori. There was a dealer in the dealers room selling the Tos concordance (which i still have and use all the time) we were so happy to find this treasure that he was taken with us. He gave us each a stuffed "tribble" and i was thrilled because mine was purple and that's my favorite colour!

i can't remember not watching trek but for one time and my dad came in the room and told me that trek was on, why was i wasting my time with this show when Trek was on?

wise man!

When I was around 5 and tried to make my Luke Skywalker action figure look more like Captain Kirk by using colored construction paper.

I guess it was when I started naming my pets after ST characters. 

Please tell me I am not the only one to do that.  ;)

Most of my fish have had Klingon names ;)

I keep trying to get my daughter to name her goldfish Picard, Data and Riker but so far they remain nameless (after almost 2 years).

I'm hoping to get a dog some day and want to name it Lore.

I had a cat named Tasha. And my sister had a cat named Wesley(she thought he was kinda cute)...but we all hated the character very quickly and then we noticed he'd never respond to that name either(smart cat!!)..so we renamed him Boo(he liked that name). When I was 10, I had thought of naming a kitten of mine Data (my cat had just given birth to a littler of 7), but I knew that the cat could get hurt, lost or killed....and you all KNOW by now how I reacted to the end of Nemesis...so, needless to say I didn't name the cat that.

My mom and the rest of my family have always begged me to give any new pet a simple name.....Well, that stemmed from the fact that I was going to name three of our kittens after the three Greek fates: Clotho, Atropos, & Lachesis. or the Scandinavian Norns(the fates): Urd, Verdandi & Skuld.

I first realized that I was a Trekker when I would look forward to watching the episodes so that I could discuss them with my older brother.

I realized that I was a Trekkie when I was out with my ex-fiancee and another couple that I knew from work and the other female and I recited the entire script of Generations then started on The wrath of Khan before my x and her boyfriend stopped us because they were bored out of there mind. Thinking of that I should really call that chick now that I am single and see what she is doing.

I had a cat named Tasha. And my sister had a cat named Wesley(she thought he was kinda cute)...but we all hated the character very quickly and then we noticed he'd never respond to that name either(smart cat!!)..so we renamed him Boo(he liked that name). When I was 10, I had thought of naming a kitten of mine Data (my cat had just given birth to a littler of 7), but I knew that the cat could get hurt, lost or killed....and you all KNOW by now how I reacted to the end of Nemesis...so, needless to say I didn't name the cat that.

My mom and the rest of my family have always begged me to give any new pet a simple name.....Well, that stemmed from the fact that I was going to name three of our kittens after the three Greek fates: Clotho, Atropos, & Lachesis. or the Scandinavian Norns(the fates): Urd, Verdandi & Skuld.

They want a simple name for a cat - how about Spot! ;)

Well...my parents were TOS fans and I would always love (and hate) sometimes to watch reruns of the OS with them. I grew up with TNG and watched a little of DS9. I didn't realize my Trekkie status until I found myself watching Voyager reruns.

Well...my parents were TOS fans and I would always love (and hate) sometimes to watch reruns of the OS with them.  I grew up with TNG and watched a little of DS9.  I didn't realize my Trekkie status until I found myself watching Voyager reruns.

It's amazing how it can sneak up on you. One day you enjoy watching Trek and the next you're a Trekkie/Trekker! There doesn't seem to be an in-between.