Sign in to follow this  
poguemahone

Trelane

From the episode The Squire of Gothos, he is a being of unknown origin with uncanny powerswho chose the form of a dashing human male. In the episode he kidnapped members of the crew, upon the the crew encountering an unkown planet, in the middle of no where. Later on, after an unsuccessful exit out of orbit by the enterprise kirk goes back to the surface. Trelane then puts kirk on trial, conficts kirk of treason. Then just as Trelane is about to do in the captain with a sword, Trelanes parents appear, and apologize for his behaviour and return home.

Trelane is suppose to be the precurser to Q, so is Trelane a member of the Q, but how could he have parents then, since on Voyager in the Episode The Q and the Grey(i think), Q and female Q have the first child born in the Continuum, if he is somehow a Q and that was just him having fun with Kirk that would mean that Q has popped up on all series of Stat Trek, and justified for Enterprise. So ha.

Have you read the book 'Q-Squared' ? It's a really fun book and it's all about Trelane annoying the Next Gen crew. The book follows four different time lines (I think it was four anyway, it's been a while) including one in which the 'Q' that we've all come to know and love is responsible for possesing Gary Mitchell in the original series episode 'Where No Man Has Gone Before'. If you like Q at all than you must read this book!

I agree Trelane was an immature Q. The book trilogy "The Q Continuum" features Q's "wife and child", decent series, does a good job of tying up some loose end in both series, TOS and TNG.

I also agree that Trelane was a member of the Q. As far as Q's child being to first born in the continuim, who is to say that Trelane was not born after that? Remember that to the Q time has little meaning.

Last I heard Bill Campbell, who played Trelane, was very ill. Can anyone give me an update on his health?

i would have to say he sure acted like a Q, however immature he may be. if it looks like one, acts like one, talks like one, it probably is one.

I just had to pull this one out of the archives.

I'm not sure if Trelane was Q. I think he might have been a proto-Q. Who's to say that the Q are the only race to have evolved so far? Surely there were others!

I've seen this topic come up before and I tried to find a post I had written some time ago concerning this but it seems to have been lost. I don't think Trelane was a Q at all. It seemed to me he was more Organian. Remember them? They're the ones that stopped the Klingons and Starfleet from going to war over their home planet and forced both sides to accept a peace treaty heretofore known as the Organian Peace Treaty. If you remember at the end of the episode, the Organians revealed themselves to be beings of pure energy and thought and were bright blobs of light, like Trelane's parents. I bring this up because even though he had powers that were very Q like, he was also very limited in his ability to use them, although being able to move and keep an entire planet in front of a starship doesn't seem very limited. The only views and knowledge he had of Earth was through some sort of telescope that saw the earth as it was some 900 years earlier due to the speed of light. A young Q, as we've seen on Voyager, has powers and abilities way beyond what Trelane could accomplish. Again this seems more in the lines of the Organians or even possibly the aliens from Charlie X. There were numerous beings that had some Q like powers but not all of them are Q. I believe that Trelane was an adolescent Organian instead. Even Trelane's parents displayed more manners and courtesy than a Q always seemed to display. Honestly, would a Q apologize for what one of their kind may have done? I don't think so. Organians, on the other hand, were far more polite and only seemed to want to be left alone for the most part. It all just doesn't add up to Trelane being a Q.

Then Trelane was "Q" like in some aspects but limited in other ways ( I also thought he might have been a Proto-"Q"since he had similar powers like "Q" of TNG).

B) B) B) B)

I think of him as just another semi-omnipotent being like the Q or Kevin Uxbridge the "Dowd" from STNG: "Survivors". Very similar, but not the same.

Personally, The character of q is pretty interesting. but sometimes i will have to admit he can be a pain in the butt.

Trelane sound like almost been Q. When I buy comic book star trek. I was laugh Trelane turn Kirk in Enterprise-E and Q turn Picard in TOS ship.... :jem'hadar:

I've seen this topic come up before and I tried to find a post I had written some time ago concerning this but it seems to have been lost.  I don't think Trelane was a Q at all.  It seemed to me he was more Organian.  Remember them?  They're the ones that stopped the Klingons and Starfleet from going to war over their home planet and forced both sides to accept a peace treaty heretofore known as the Organian Peace Treaty.  If you remember at the end of the episode, the Organians revealed themselves to be beings of pure energy and thought and were bright blobs of light, like Trelane's parents.  I bring this up because even though he had powers that were very Q like, he was also very limited in his ability to use them, although being able to move and keep an entire planet in front of a starship doesn't seem very limited.  The only views and knowledge he had of Earth was through some sort of telescope that saw the earth as it was some 900 years earlier due to the speed of light.  A young Q, as we've seen on Voyager, has powers and abilities way beyond what Trelane could accomplish.  Again this seems more in the lines of the Organians or even possibly the aliens from Charlie X.  There were numerous beings that had some Q like powers but not all of them are Q.  I believe that Trelane was an adolescent Organian instead.  Even Trelane's parents displayed more manners and courtesy than a Q always seemed to display.  Honestly, would a Q apologize for what one of their kind may have done?  I don't think so.  Organians, on the other hand, were far more polite and only seemed to want to be left alone for the most part.  It all just doesn't add up to Trelane being a Q.

285743[/snapback]

I agree, I don't believe he was a Q. This seems like a good explanation and the one I'd go with.