Sign in to follow this  
dsbs

First Trek episode

I haven;'t seen this question yet...

What was your first ever trek episode? Mine was TNGs We'll always Have Paris (I must admit, I didn't even know it was Star Trek, so I thought I still hated it - I only saw the last bit while channle surfing. Then my brother got me hooked on Voyager, THEN I got completely obsessed with both TNG and a certain member of it's crew ;), and then I saw WAHP again and I had major deja vu...the kind that goes on for a really long time. I was creeped, but finally I remembered!...that's my story, what;s yours?)

I also remember asking my brother after my first five minutes of viewing my first TNG episode that I KNEW was TNG (Where Silense Has Lease, which was also my first FULL episode): "who's the yellow guy?" and the rest is history ;)

Edited by dsbs

My first Trek episode was the first Trek episode in 1966. I believe it was The Man Trap. Little did I know back then that Trek would have such a huge impact.

The first episode I ever saw was the TNG episode Skin Of Evil (the one where Tasha dies). I think I was 7 or 8 at the time and I was with my parents visiting another family that was friends of ours I guess. I only caught the last 15 minutes. I knew what Star Trek was because my Dad watched TOS and I remembered both my parents going to Star Trek 5 in the theaters while they got a baby sitter for me (haha). Anyway, I don't really remember why or how I started liking Star Trek on a broader scope, but I didn't start watching it on a regular basis till about 1991 or 1992. And once I got into it I was totally hooked on TNG.

My mom used to watch reruns of TOS every once and a while, but I never caught on or even paid attention. I learned more about the TOS crew in their movies than I ever learned from the TV series.

For me, the first episode I ever saw was Encounter at Farpoint when it first premiered! And well besides the episode being really good(I was 7 at the time guys! But, I still think the ep was good!!), I saw a certain person....and the rest is history. I remember turning around and looking at my mom and telling her..."See the guy there, he's really cute!" ;) and then giggling (I was pointing to Data, of course!)

I have no idea what the first episode I saw was. I started watching TOS when I was 6 and I watched TNG from the very first airing of Encounter at Farpoint.

I can remember the CBC running TOS on Saturday afternoons in the early '70's and I can remember watching some of them but I don't know what the first episode I saw was.

My first trek episode was "Final Mission" from season four of TNG, I was doing my homework and my dad came in and turned it on, i knew of TNG but never sat down and watched it, and of course seen the movies, i had seen episodes of TOS but i can't remember the first one but that TNG one i can clearly remember the whole story, the rest are to fuzy to remember.

i think i saw most of the original cast movies before i had even seen a TOS episode...then for christmas i got trouble for tribbles....the rest is history!

I used to watch TOS as a child but didn't really watch it if you know what i mean. "The Naked Now" ( TNG) was when i started to pay attention.

I'm not too sure of the first episode that I ever saw of Star Trek, but I had aways watched the films from a very young age. Then at some point I bought an video of the original series containing 'Obsession', I have also been watching modern Star Trek since the first airing of Encounter at Farpoint, but I'm not sure if I bought the tape before or after TNG started.

I also have a faint memory of seeing Where No One Has Gone Before at the cinema, but I can not remember why it was being shown.

Yeah I don't realy remember my first one either. I started watching when I was like two! ( If that counts as watching, i don't really know if I was paying attention, porbably crawling around on the floor, but oh well.)

My first Trek episode was the first Trek episode in 1966.  I believe it was The Man Trap.  Little did I know back then that Trek would have such a huge impact.

Me too, it was about the salt eating creature that looked like McCoy's old love; I think the name of the planet even had 13 in it. I even remember the promos they ran before the season started. (Now if I could just remember what I need to remember today) I was a kid but I made sure I was at the tv when it started. Gosh, that was a long time ago. I have watched the premier of every other series since then and have seen all the TOS, TNG, VOY and ENT to date; I missed a few DS9.

Hard question to answer, at least it is if you want the first one I remember anyway. The forts episode I was exposed to was "The Savage Curtain" on March 7th 1969. I know this only because I have been told by my father that he held me and pointed me toward the TV while it was on. I don't remember this though because I was only 5 days old at the time lol. But I probably come as close as anyone can to being able to say that they have been watching Star Trek for their entire life

and have it be true lol

I don't remeber the name of my first episode but it was the one where Riker gets infected with this parasite and has to relive bad memorys to kill it. I was 7 so it scared me off of trek till the 5th season of Voyager. ;)

That was called Shades of Gray and was the last episode of season 2. I found that episode scary too but for different reasons - it was definitely one of the worst episodes of the series but I hate clip shows. I think the writers' strike had something to do with it being done.

it did, Takara, it was for money saving and thats why season 2 was only 22 episodes.

I am relatively new to trek, and I guess I didn't realise that most of you have been watching for too long to remember. Sorry!

I don't remember the first Trek episode I ever saw, but I remember what episode I was watching when I finally "got it" and became a major Trek fan. It was during the early seventies and I was watching a rerun of "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield". It was during the scene between Kirk, Spock, and Frank Gorshin's character (brain cramp, I can't remember the character's name) when it dawned on me. They were talking about racism!!! This show was originally broadcast during the late sixties and Gene Rodenberry got controversial topics past the network censors by disguising it as science fiction. Brilliant!!! I've been proud to be a Trekkie ever since.

That was called Shades of Gray and was the last episode of season 2.  I found that episode scary too but for different reasons - it was definitely one of the worst episodes of the series but I hate clip shows.  I think the writers' strike had something to do with it being done.

You're right. "Shades of Grey" was a terrible ep. It was one massive cost cutting exercise and it showed.

lets see I was to little to remember but I seem to recall when I was maybe four "Symbosis"

The ep that got me hooked for good was "Attached" that to this day is my fave ep..

all hail Bev!! :wub:

I don't remember what my "First" episode even though for some reason I keep on thinking TNG's "Night Terrors."

I don't remember exactly which episode I saw first, it was probably a TOS, but I remember my first clear memory of Trek. It was of Troi in the Blue dress on Betazed, (Don't remember the episode) and that had me hooked, I spent years thinking about that one. Then I was so happy when I saw Sirtis at my first convention. Then almost passed out when I got to have a real conversation with her about a year ago. I was doing security for a hotel, and was asked to take some towels to a room but a smiling desk clerk, and when I got to the room, there she was. We had a five or ten minute conversation, as she was concerned when I turned as white as a ghost after she answered the door. Then later that evening I happened to be making my last round as she was getting ready to check out and I helped with her luggage and spoke with her for a little while longer. She gave me an autograph, and when I got home I just had to call everyone I knew, including my boss who was a huge trekkie to tell them about it. It was one of the greatest moments of my life.

:laugh: I wish I could remember what my first episode was. I only know that I began watching the original series back in 1966. I found it fascinating, and hardly ever missed an episode once I started watching. I stopped for a long time when TNG replaced TOS. But Voyager brought me back with a vengence. Since then I have caught up on TNG and Deep Space Nine. The latter will never be my favorite. But it is Star Trek....and I will forever support the entire legacy. :laugh:

I only remember the first scene I ever saw, McCoy and Spock are sparring about something and Spock is holding a Tricorder in one hand, his other hand is draped across the Tricorders view screen as he listens/looks at McCoy as he is slowly raising an eyebrow. I believe this memory also answers another question here at STFN, when did you first know you were a fan?, (sorry if I butchered that) it is my earliest memory of Trek and that scene sold me on it forever.

The first Trek moment I remember was in TNG when Picard went through a door and wound up in open space... you remember things like that.

I don't know what episode its from though.

My first episode was also "The Savage Curtain," but it was around 1982 or so. Found it while channel flipping, watched it for curiosity's sake, saw the next ep the next day, and was totally hooked.

I remember watching "Encounter at Farpoint" the night(s) it first aired, and thinking "That was REALLY stupid..." but I watched off and on for the first season, hoping to hit an ep that would get me hooked. Didn't happen. I'm still a sporadic watcher.

I watched "The Emissary" when it debuted, and it was more my speed. Hooked within, oh, half an hour.

I watched "Voyager" in the beginning mainly to see Paris. Haven't watched it since second season. "Enterprise" I've only seen once - too much going on on Wed.

I'm such a sporadic fan...