Sign in to follow this  
Gotabite

Replacement for Captain Janeway

Chakotay was second in command on Voyager. But when both Janewy and Chakotay were away, Tuvok the Security Officer was in charge. In one of Voyager 's early season episodes, both Janeway and Chakotay were left exiled on a planet, because of a virus. And Tuvok had the sole responsibility of commanding Voyager. My question here is: who do you think would have made the better permanent replacement as captain, had something happened to Janeway? And what are the reasons for your choice? :waaaa:

Chakotay was second in command on Voyager.  But when both Janewy and Chakotay were away, Tuvok the Security Officer was in charge.  In one of  Voyager 's early season episodes,  both Janeway and Chakotay were left exiled  on a planet, because of a virus.  And Tuvok had the sole responsibility of commanding Voyager.  My question here is: who do you think would have made the better permanent replacement as captain, had something happened to Janeway?  And what are the reasons for your choice?  :waaaa:

I have one question before I compose my response Gotabite. Do you mean if only Janeway was gone and had to be replaced pernamently or if both Janeway and Chakotay were gone?

Click for Spoiler:

av-812.jpg

Hmm......

You mean after "Engame" and "Star Trek: Nemesis"?

When Voyager's back in the Alpha Quadrant?

Click for Spoiler:

desert7.jpg

tzintro1-1.giftzintro1-2.giftzintro2.giftzintro3.gif

:dude::dude::assimilated::assimilated:

doctorwho42avenger@hotmail.com

Doctor Who official website

Doctor Who: The Best Links

USS Aurora NX-19 of the year 2154 AD

The Adventures of drwho42 continues....

320x240.jpg

announce.jpg

'And Now For Something Completely Different....'-Announcer

Monty Python's Flying Circus

aurora.jpg

After they got back the the alpha quad, i don't think Chakotay would have stayed in starfleet, Seven would have been a scientist or engineer - not on a starship

Tuvok, Harry or Paris would have been the only officers that would have wanted to keep serving on a ship.

And it was way past time Harry got a serious promotion.

If it were between Tuvoc and Chakotay, in a close heat, I would say Chakotay. Just because Tuvoc is so frigid and wouldn't take a whole lot of risks. Chakotay, while even though he is quite conservative himself, would still have a potential to take a major risk. Not to mention the fact of how easily he would be able to gain the entire crews respect.

Well, if something happened to Janeway command would fall to Chakotay..Especially since he has had command responsibility before on that Marqui ship of his..But if something happened to both Janeway and Chakotay, like in that episode that Gotabite mentioned, I feel that Tuvok would be the best choice. What is the alternative? Turn over command to junior officers Kim or Paris. I don't think so..And Torres needs to stay in Engineering so command would go to Tuvok..

Chakotay was second in command on Voyager.  But when both Janewy and Chakotay were away, Tuvok the Security Officer was in charge.  In one of  Voyager 's early season episodes,  both Janeway and Chakotay were left exiled  on a planet, because of a virus.  And Tuvok had the sole responsibility of commanding Voyager.  My question here is: who do you think would have made the better permanent replacement as captain, had something happened to Janeway?  And what are the reasons for your choice?  :assimilated:

I have one question before I compose my response Gotabite. Do you mean if only Janeway was gone and had to be replaced pernamently or if both Janeway and Chakotay were gone?

If Janeway was gone and had to be replaced permanently. :grin:

If Janeway was gone and had to be replaced permanently. :grin:

Chakotay would be be the best choice for Captain then in my opinion..He does have command experience even if it was with the Marqui..

I guess what I was thinking when I posted this topic was that it didn't matter about the line of command pertaining to who should take charge I just wanted to know which of the two you thought would be the better captain........My view of Chakotay after he became second in command on Voyager was that unlike Captain Picard who consulted with his second in command constantly, Chakotay never had much authority. However, input was frequently coming from Tuvok to Captain Janeway. So I had more of a feel for Tuvok's leadership abilities and his style. My main experience with Chakotay's leadership abilities was during the episode Scrpion II. But for me personally, if Janeway had no longer been aboard Voyager, in view of all the perils and obstacles a captain would face in the Delta quadrant, I think in spite of his limited opportunities to take a leadership role prior to this experience, I'd vote for Chakotay....the fact that most Vulcan's(exception T'Pol) primarily operate by logic would put the ship and the crew at a major disadvantage. I would therefore feel better knowing that Chakotay was in charge. As everything can not be left to logic.............This is just my personal view.

I think if Janeway left, Naturally Chakotay would take command of the vessel. if Janeway and Chakotay were lost in some way, Tuvok would be the Commanding Officer, Tom would be the XO, I think, and Harry would be the 3rd in Command. then the bridge crew just has to adapt to two new junior officers, instead of bringing Belanna up from Engineering and sticking her on the bridge where she'd be uncomfortable.

Chakotay would be promoted to Captain while Tuvok doubles as Executive Officer and Tactical Officer with a someone promoted to Chief of Security.

Hye mayBe Kim could finally get a promotion. I think he should be, if and when Voyager gets a movie.

Thinking about it, Chakotay would take over for Admiral Janeway, while Tuvoc is promoted to XO, and Kim promoted to Lt. and take over at Tactical.

Look I believe that Chakotay would being in command many times as well as having good combat experience from the Marqui. Not to mention he is calm and good natured. :bow:

Well if it was just Janeway away then i would say Chakotay, i liked the way he handled things in scorpian. But if both Janeway and Chakotay were gone then id say Tom, i think he can be a good captain cause he would understand the crews needs and be a great captain because he could be strict when he wanted to.

Hmmm thats a tuff one its a toss up between tuvok and chakotay hhmmm

i cant choose....

I still like my CO-Captainship idea. Would have made it a team effort. :rofl: In their situation it might be the best solution.

Edited by Jeanway

Hey I said it before I say it now:

duplicate the doctor and make one the ECH cept' he wouldn't be an EMERGENCY command hologram so he would be... dun dun duh....

cpt. Doc

What about the Emergency Command Hologram ho ho ho!!

Seriously, I think that Seven would have most knowledge...