Worf: Did DS9 improve because of him?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Worf: Did DS9 improve because of him?

• Yes
    • No

Absolutely the show improved when Worf joined the cast..I feel that the quality of the shows improved greatly..The first couple of years were good but I think they were missing something..What could that be? Oh I know..The Klingon element! They are an intriguing species and I like having them involved on DS9..

I say yes. It certainly wasn't a mistake to bring Worf to DS9. It was nice to see a TNG character as a regular DS9 guy. :clap:

Mrs. Captain Picard

I think the show improved when he joined but not just "because" he joined. I think ti was a combination of writing and actor. The character opened so many more avenues to explore but it also helped the other characters improve as well.

I agree with the way VBG put it. But also lets just face it, c'mon....it's Worf!!! He helped make TNG so interesting and he did the same to DS9.

Worf added to DS9 i say was a good idea it allowed the Character to grow from when he was on TNG and he did open up abit more to O"Brien and the Klingon Element was added at the right time in "WAY OF THE WARRIOR" and Jadzia and Worf were unusual in Cultures forgetting Married and all (but in the End) Bashir would get Jadzia as Ezre Dax in another Trill and Worf Would be promoted to Diplomat Of The Klingon High Council (inbetween being in the TNG Films "INSURRECTION" AND "NEMESIS")!

:tear::waaaa::tear: :)

Edited by LoveMalePecs1

he saved them all with info on the bird of prey..... in generations.....

Yes it did,..

I gave me a reason to watch..The death of Jadzia gave me a reason to turn it off :dude:

Worf was the "extra little something" that DS9 needed.

:dude::assimilated:GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY, YOU FERENGHI #$%&*!!!

I said no, because I think there were a lot of good stories that centered around other characters, and it was not just the addition of Worf that made the stories good. Of course there are still a few episodes of DS9 that I have not seen. In my favorite episode, the Visitor, Worf's role was incidental and the story could have been told just as effectively without him being there.

Of course you can tell from my avatar that I am a Worf fan, so I am glad he was in DS9.

The addition of Worf did imo improve the show but it wasn't just Worf, it was the whole "The Klingons Have Returned To Their Old Ways" that really stole the show for me and kicked that season off to a great start. That was like TBoBWs only for DS9, a hugh peak in the series.

When Worf first appeared on DS9, I was already a Niner, and I resented it wholeheartedly. So, just because he was getting all the attention, and the characters I had already grown to love were being lacerated by some people as being unable to pull it together by themselves, I seriously disliked Worf for at least ten episodes. He didn't belong with "my" space station!

Before the TNG people blast me, I mellowed dramatically by the end of the season, and now wouldn't trade him. However, I agree with the others who said that the show improved, and Worf helped, but he is not the solitary reason. He actually DID belong on "my" station! :dude:

Worf was a fantastic addition to the station, it allowed his character to develop and he added an essense to the station which had been missing before. Worf was amongst my favourite charcters aboard DS9, always was... always will be!